Quantcast

Where did you ride today?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Burke. Horrible editing, but I have no idea how to use a Mac.

It's tough to make a trail ride look fast in this network... I could swear I was going faster...

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
First time on the bike (real trail not riding it on a paved road) since tearing my acl, mcl, lcl, patella tendon and meniscus, dislocating my knee and fracturing my tibia. Felt good to be on the bike, felt really scared and super timid/unstable.MY leg feels about 1/4 to 1/2 what my other one is.

Hiked straight up Suicide Trail, rode down. earned it today with baby steps.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Just got back from opening day of DH season at Swain Mountain. Also, I finally got to ride my new (to me) downhill bike that I got over the winter. We definitely had a good time and only one minor crash for me although now I do need to get a few spokes replaced in my rear wheel. All in all... it was an awesome day :D

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I got out of my cast yesterday, but my hand is still healing. I was going to ride around on my road bike around my house to see how bad it hurt and 200 yards from my driveway, I have this story........

Unbelievable. Doc told me I could "try" to ride my road bike as long as the pain is not too bad, so last night I was going to ride around for a few minutes to test it. I turned left out of driveway rode 200 yards, and a truck is passing me from behind.
As it is going by, I see something out of the corner of my eye, and I do some "Matrix" manuever to dodge it. Some low class white trash wonder threw a full coke bottle at me as hard as he could going 45 mph. Thank God for his family's consistent inbreeding, because his aim was off just enough to miss my head by a foot. And to prove how dumb this cat actually is, he did it too close to his home. I now know where he lives. I was planning just to go down to his work at the county fair where he operates the tilt a whirl, but I now have other options. Don't poop where you sleep. Game on.
Whatever happened? Did you exact revenge?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Did a quick loop on some backroads outside of Boulder. It was a nice ride except for making the mistake of going down a gravel road. Washboard is really, really awful with no suspension and 110 psi in the tires.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I pre rode the Pisgah Enduro course yesterday. It was a point to point ride where we started a good bit higher than where we finished and we still climbed over 4,300 feet. :twitch:
26 miles in the backwoods trying to follow a map and hardly anything was marked.

Needless to say, I didn't ride a damn thing today.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I rode the partial enchilada yesterday. The shuttles are only running to the top of Hazard. I guess I could have pedaled up if I was a bit more manly.

I have to say, it mostly lived up to the hype. The only bummer was the condom thin rear tire on the rental bike. It's a bit like a bad dream to be on Porcupine and not be able to plow through stuff. Fox's CTD stuff sucks too but that is a whole different rant.