Quantcast

Where did you ride today?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Just the local trail, but the work that has been done on the very beginning makes it nicer.

Berms....

They were asking to be ridden

Random guy in a Cliffbar kit... Love the kitted out folks on a Saturday afternoon

Buddy into the berms

Another random guy

I really wish there was a little more lip to really jump into these

I think this one is my favorite

Down low view of riding buddy

Same angle for me

Trying to wheelie out

Trying not to run over buddy and the camera

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Those do look fun.

The shop finally got my X9 setup dialed in (my hanger was tweaked), so I hit the local jump park in the light rain. Good times.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
TH - local trails at the bottom of an old glacial lake
F - bike path with the kid, 4 miles with the 5 year old - he wanted to race some kids for 2 miles, we then limped back the other 2. Checked out the USS Slater on the trail - docked WWII Destroyer.
Sat- work at local BMX track, then a 'stroll around the neighborhood' with the kid on his 60's rebuilt bike...became an exercise in me yelling to him to use his coaster brakes while ripping down a few hills. Said 'stroll' turned into an hour ride - good times!
Sun - back to glacial lake (aka sandy) trails.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have been hitting the local dirt jumps and enjoying it on the big bike. I got the X9 setup on it with all new pieces. Found out my hanger is bent to hell, so I ordered a few backups. Thom was bitching about how heavy my bike was, and I told him to man up. "It can't be more than 36lbs".

:rofl:

My bad.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
more valley trails?
Not the Fraser Valley... Those trails are just outside Radium Hot Springs. That's about half of the vert you can get when there's no snow. The trails in Invermere are good to go as well.

I'm back from Tokyo on the 26th and heading down there again so I'll get some more vid.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Just got back from a great trail ride with 4 of my buddies. Nothing too crazy... just fun trails with some roots and a few technical spots. It started out a little cold but the sun came out and by the time we finished riding it was in the low 40s. I think we all realized that we're all still fairly out of shape from this past winter.

Now, I'm enjoying a beer on the couch. Today is a good day.:headbang:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Rode an old school bandit trail and it was shredtastic. Tacky with occasional leaf litter drifts. 60* and sunny. Dropped the chain twice with a clutch derailleur, new drive train comps, and an upper guide. Grrrrrr...looking forward to the new RF 10 speed chain ring. Beer is working its magic now.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Today I came across a couple (on mountain bikes) stopped on the middle of the trail. I had to wait for them to move so I could get by. I asked if everything was OK, and noticed that the woman was talking on her phone. Just stopped, blocked the trail and started yapping, unreal.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Rode to work, as per the norm, but took the long, long way home. Got muddy, bloody and had a few wobblies when I got home with a hockey bud. Some of my locals are still kinda muddy...

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Took the day off on Friday and rode the Allegrippis Trails at Raystown Lake here in PA. Only did something like 18 miles (was hoping for 20+) but those trails really encourage riding hard, and we burned out earlier than expected.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Went out to a set of trails behind my old house to find them over grown. The ride turned into me guessing where the big rocks were - good times.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went horseback today. I am sore. The Horse was super smart and not afraid of the water. I think he liked to open it up away from the steeps. Saw some feral pig damage. They stamped and crushed a kind trap with a coyote in it. Saw a weasel too. Very cool....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Went horseback today. I am sore. The Horse was super smart and not afraid of the water. I think he liked to open it up away from the steeps. Saw some feral pig damage. They stamped and crushed a kind trap with a coyote in it. Saw a weasel too. Very cool....
Getting kinda PSP on the end there?

Anyway, busted out a hard hour at 7:15am and in the office by 9. Each time I do this ride, there is a house below the road that the roof is actually leaning almost into the road. Gotta take a pic next loop for you guys. He even has a mega painted sign next his house that says "Meet the Original Hillbilly. Pics welcome!"

Edit:

He's on the damn net !!!

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Testing out the new dropper, and well, the new bike. What a machine...

Followed by testing the "new" baby seat:

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Fromme. Huge ride (for me)

Up to 7th and down
Back up to Executioner
Down Dreamweaver
Up Dempsey
Across/Up/Down Baden Powell
Back up to Executioner
Across/Up/Down Baden Powell

A combo of the climb and first of descent of this:

and this twice:

A little squishy out

Lots of trees down...

Moar squish

Mudday

Definitely becoming more acquainted with the Yeti, and actually starting to remember to use my dropper... They are pretty damned handy for long rides. The ability to use your momentum then punch up a quick steep climb really adds the teh floes.

Last edited: