Quantcast

Where is my "Lahar"?

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
had to look that one up (alas, my drug knowledge is limited). pure methamphetamine it is. what a waste of talent. aaron is shaping up to be the john delorean of the biking world.
Yeah... if it's actually true rather than just internet bullsh*t.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yeah... if it's actually true rather than just internet bullsh*t.
Yeah I wouldn't go jumping to any conclusions off of a single post off of a forum newbie... pretty wild accusations to be chucking about if it pans out not to be true.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Yeah I wouldn't go jumping to any conclusions off of a single post off of a forum newbie... pretty wild accusations to be chucking about if it pans out not to be true.

It's more information than anyone has gotten out of Lahar :D

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Would you be at all shocked, amazed, bewildered or any other form of awe struck if this turned out to be the truth? Like someone said earlier, you can't start ****ing up and pick up speed like this guy has unless you've had some substance assistance.

I finally saw one of these at Whistler. I was amazed.

Then I thought about if it was my money, which to me $4200 is a lot, and exactly how I would deal with this.

Boys, its time for a lynchin...

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Meth, coke, or gambling was the first thought that came into my head when I started reading this thread. I've know a lot of semi-functional heads and these are the kind of money problems they have. It fits so well that I wouldn't call it a wild accusation unless Aaron can come up with another explaination for where the money went.

P.S. He'll need money quick to handle his legal problems so maybe he'll sell his designs to a bike company for a reasonablly low sum.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nooo. :brow: Can't say I did... and now that I know there's one there... I still can't see it.
It wasn't really a pun, more of a sarcastic joke... what he means is that Lahar has provided exactly zero information or feedback in regard to this situation - so some wild rumor that may or may not be completely untrue is still more information than Lahar is coming forth with.

Can't say that disappearing with a few thousand dollars (or more - I don't remember if this was a deposit or a full payment) worth of client money doesn't have "shady drug situation" written all over it though. It's not as if vanishing with that kind of money vouches well for his character.

Helped out a friend with that myself a bunch of years ago. I eventually saw the money because it was (and still is) a good friend but it's certainly not that uncommon.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'd be really careful with the drug allegations and arrest allegations guys. Unless it is 100%, infallibly true, you may open yourselves up to defamation lawsuits for libel.

Be very careful.

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
It wouldnt surprise me at all if it was true.

The real pity is that they are amazing bikes, and also that little wee New Zealand is getting a bad name cos of this ****e-fest.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I'd be really careful with the drug allegations and arrest allegations guys. Unless it is 100%, infallibly true, you may open yourselves up to defamation lawsuits for libel.

Be very careful.
I hear ya, but if the guy who paid for and doesn't have a bike can't even sue Lahar for something legit, I doubt this guy can find a way to sue an "internet persona" for something he/she/they said about him.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Is arrest/conviction information public information in NZ? Should be easy to clear up ( the rumor ) if they are.

Last edited:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO

Be very careful.
Not exactly sure of the rule of law in NZ, but in most western societies, when you willfully put yourself in the public spotlight (like, plastering your name on the side of a bicycle brand you sell to the public), you lose a ton of your right to privacy. Lahar would have to show actual malice/intent to injur(rather than simple negligence) to have a leg to stand on.

Additionally, given all the people he's apparently screwed out of money, I can't imagine that guy wanting to get within 100 miles of a courthouse.

--JP

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
Bloody hell you would think the resin fumes would be enough of a high?

This is a damn shame, I feel for you blokes out there who's pre order $$ may have been 'injected' elsewhere.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Libel is a pretty tricky lawsuit subject.

In any event, someone who disappears with a bunch of money with nary an email or a phone call for a year and a half is unlikely to have the resources or inclination to actually sue a couple of people on a website.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Libel is a pretty tricky lawsuit subject.

In any event, someone who disappears with a bunch of money with nary an email or a phone call for a year and a half is unlikely to have the resources or inclination to actually sue a couple of people on a website.
Well, people who are desperate for cash are known to do really bizarre things. Just a warning, that's all.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
With grammar issues like that, you will never become a lawyer, along with the other 50 percent of this site, who hasn't seemed to have even finished high school or even middle school grammar wise.

Speaking of grammar, that was one hell of a long sentence.

:busted:
Amongst your many, many mistakes, I shall select "grammar wise" which should have been hyphenated :banana:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
I find it quite amusing that we all can get together as mountain bikers and trash grammar. I do believe some guys once said it best, and I quote "shut up and ride."

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
talking about bikes isn't getting this thread anywhere, nor is it getting ronson his bike. we may as well talk about grammar, it'll be just as effective.

To Ronson, this may be a good time to call the courts and see what you can do...if he's already under arrest (IF), you may be able to file a quick suit and take the cash that he has in his posession before anyone else does...just a suggestion. No bike, but with your money back you can buy something else. If anybody actually has good information (FoesDWLink) please PM or email Ronson and see if you can get him in touch with the proper authorities...don't post it here, but let him know.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
If I was you, I would make every effort to get my money back. It's been 18monthes, at this point I wouldn't even want a bike with his name on it.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
not sure how old ronson is.

most adults (25+) have already learned life lessons that teach us never to pay for anything 100% up front. deposits are ok but never paid in full.

too bad he is learning this lessing with $3500+.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
also, is there atleast a way he can contact the government revenue department (IRS in the USA) and report his $3500 sale. that way the government will get that dirt bag in their system and audit the guy. atleast make his life even more miserable.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Libel cases in the UK and other Commonwealth countries are rather different than in the US, due to the US First Amendment which makes such cases substantially less plaintiff-friendly.

So, Transcend may have a point considering that we are discussing a Kiwi citizen/company.

AND FOR THE RECORD I <3 WHATEVER HIS NAME IS AND HIS AWESOME BICYCLES!!

Last edited:

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
Just wondering how many people are STILL:disgust: waiting for their plastic fantastics?????
Im not!!:lighten:

My bike might leak oil out of the forks, and the shock might randomly explode, but it is sitting in my bike cave, not "waiting on parts" or waiting till the builder comes back to this planet from whatever one he was on during his latest P trip.:plthumbsdown: