resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i was born in philly.
i ride my bike on the internet.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
From Iowa, grew up in SoCal, live in Marin. Generally ride Mt Tam and a local spot just east of Tam.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Originally from The Bronx, now SF.
Ride a lot of the parks around SF because I am too lazy to drive anywhere else, but I have been to almost every riding spot in the Bay Area.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Denver, CO by way of Burlington, VT by way of Birmingham, AL by way of Albany, NY.

Bromont in the East and haven't had an opportunity to ride out here besides Sol Vista during nationals.

Last edited:

hydro422

Chimp
May 15, 2007
Ogden City
Born: Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Raised: Big Piney, Wyoming
Currently: Tacoma, Washington
With stops along the way in: Salt Lake, Ut/ Laramie, Wy/Casper, Wy/ and a brief stint in Durango, Co.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Born and raised in Chicago.

I live in Stockholm Sweden. I normally ride Bandhagsvägen to Tussmötesvägen then through the Sanfjärdsgatan to the regional route that follows the Tvarbanen to Södermalm and over the Västerbron to Sankt Göransgatan.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Bend, Oregon and I spend most of my time riding here and the surrounding areas but go on a TON of road trips to try new spots and revisit my favorites. Woot woot!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Born in Indianapolis (one of my earliest memories is of the 500)
Lived in and raised in Chicago, then Cicero, IL, followed by a few other choice 'burbs before landing here in beautiful Colorado.
Now that I live here I ride White Ranch and Deer Creek often, and the lifts when running!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am from Denmark and lived in Copenhagen before I moved to here. I have been back and forth a couple of times. Live in Brooklyn, New York. Besides weekly road rides in Prospect Park I ride mostly Diablo Freeride Park and Plattekill when the lifts are open. I do love to try out mountains but time has been limited since son number two arrived. I did get to Blue Mountain, PA once last year.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Born: Daytona Beach, Florida
Raised: Salem, New York
Currently: Porter Corners, New York

I've had the pleasure of riding in NY, VT, MA, NJ, CT, OH, ME, PA, AZ, CA and eastern Canada

Last edited:

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Born in Idaho
School in Utah
Live in Maryland

Ride Patapsco, the Watershed, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Oh cool. Ridiculous said he moved here too. I ride Patasaco and the Watershed too but I heard the park rangers are now issuing citations for anyone riding single track at the watershed over a law that was passed about 17 years ago that they just starting to enforce. Fire trail only. Did you hear about that?

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Oh cool. Ridiculous said he moved here too. I ride Patasaco and the Watershed too but I heard the park rangers are now issuing citations for anyone riding single track at the watershed over a law that was passed about 17 years ago that they just starting to enforce. Fire trail only. Did you hear about that?
nelsonjm moved into the area too. And mattmatt86 and stumpjump are locals/ridemonkey regulars as well. We should have a Maryland Monkeyfest.

What happened up at the Watershed was the Sunday DH rides that started drawing up to 40 :shocked: people during the summer. I'm all about progressing the sport, but it was getting crazy.

solution: ride during the week. or during the offseason. myself and the other regulars (guys who build as well as ride up there) haven't had any trouble with rangers; just anecdotal stories heard through the grapevine...

Also, just FYI, the Frederick bicycle coalition is working really hard to keep access up there open. They do mostly work with the township, but there are some people who have our interests in mind as well. If you like riding the Shed, add them on facebook and get active with their petitions. Its the local government that makes the choices that affect us, and luckily, up to this point Frederick has been really pro-bicycle. But if the traffic continues to exponentially increase up there, that could change.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Wow, a lot of people from all over! It's very interesting where people come from and where they ride.

I am from Denmark and lived in Copenhagen before I moved to here. I ride mostly Diablo Freeride Park and Plattekill when the lifts are open. I do love to try out mountains but time has been limited since son number two arrived.
I've heard about Diablo. I have a buddy who's been there and we going to go this summer. Not sure if it's any good but we're going. Good luck on number 2!

I live in Stockholm Sweden. I normally ride Bandhagsvägen to Tussmötesvägen then through the Sanfjärdsgatan to the regional route that follows the Tvarbanen to Södermalm and over the Västerbron to Sankt Göransgatan.
I envy you. I hear Sweden is not only beautiful, but the women are too. I've only seen pictures but it looks like a beautiful place to live. Would love to see it, or ride it, some day.

Lived in Santa Cruz county California since I was born. Unfortunately I have only ridden in CA.
Yeh but from what I've seen, what a place to ride! I'd love to ride Cali, Oregon, VT, Colorado and Utah. I've skied CO and UT, but would love to ride there. I hear that New England is really nice too. But trips cost dough, and I don't have anyone that is as enthusiastic about riding as I am to go about flying to some of these places with me to ride, let alone cost to ship a bike, so I can't go.

I've had the pleasure of riding in NY, VT, MA, NJ, CT, ME, PA, AZ, CA and eastern Canada
WOW! You've been around a lot! Which do you like best? Bet it's VT or CA.

I'm from central NC... Since its winter i've been riding my road bike in my room on the trainer.. :think:
It would think it's warmer down in NC than it is up here. It's 34 degrees now and too cold but if it gets over 43 or so I ride.

I hear NC is nice riding in the summer too.

Last edited:

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
It seems most of you people live in places that are beautiful, but where I ride, I don't have to worry about being attacked by bears, mountain lions, cougars, rattle snakes etc. What do people out west or in areas like this do when you ride to prevent winding part of the food chain?