Quantcast

White is IN but what about next color ?!

Bad Ronald

Chimp
Jun 30, 2005
Danbury, CT
I'd say for 2007 variations of green will be popular. Bright neon greens can be seen on Scott's, Cannondales and components from brands like manitou. Subtle green and mint colors are already showing up on rock shox and marzocchi. I think black wil be forever cool, and white will be that way as well. You cannot turn down the classics.

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
black is most badass colour for sure, i quite like a dark green, but the IronHorse Monster green is just so sweet! White is cool, and less fragile than black IMO, a nice gunmetal grey colour often looks very cool. Hard to say what'll be 'in' really...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Neon green, like my Specialized Stumpjumper and the IH Sunday.

Personally, I've always liked black. People buy white when it clashes with black decals, etc. I've never seen white done well, it's a stupid trend IMO.

Bad Ronald

Chimp
Jun 30, 2005
Danbury, CT
Well here is a general trend for you. I predict a lot of solid colors, less metallic flake in paints for '07. I agree on the light / bright blue as well. I think bright colors across the board will be popular. Raw and ball burnished will probably do well since bikes are getting more complex. Simple finishes that highlight technology will be pretty popular IMO.

-R

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
solid colors are making a comback in a big way; specialized seems to think patterns might be the next big thing. they have a strong possibility of gathering a following if they are done right. anonized parts are starting to make a comeback, at least for BMX and trials (echo/zoo is offering all their new components in 6 colors. in the 20" world, kink, snafu, tree, and a slew of others are bringing the trend back. i must say i love the deep green Tree sprocket i am using) and i definitely think that anonized parts will start sneaking their way into DH. i could see cranks, brake levels/calipers, pedals, seatposts, etc getting the treatment.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Multi-color ano options is huge in BMX. It'll cross over to MTB eventually, just look at Bearclaw's bike.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
rockymt21 said:
Black & Tan.
Would that be "Guinness Black"? :D

I think that certain finishes like black, red, and raw/natural/bare metal work no matter what the trend. As long as the day glo colors of the late 80's/early 90's don't come back. Oh, and no 3-D violet either. :blah:

I also agree that anodized parts will come back in style. They are doing some crazy sturf with anodizing these days. Aw crap, who's the dude here in the DH forum that posts his anodizing projects? He does some very cool stuff... I can see more stuff like that coming on the market... multi colors and patterns. But not that crappy "splash" pattern that Kooka did way back when.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Ciaran said:
Aw crap, who's the dude here in the DH forum that posts his anodizing projects? He does some very cool stuff... I can see more stuff like that coming on the market... multi colors and patterns. But not that crappy "splash" pattern that Kooka did way back when.
"Bullcrew". He annodized a few thing for me over the winter.

toby

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Llooking at the pics of the riders at crankworx, there are a few riding polished aluminum. This year's pro schemes are often next year's schmoe schemes. I was never into poished bikes, but its probably time for their comeback as retro cool. Maybe all the component makers will start offering 3d violet parts again.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The question isn't what color is going to be in, the question is: Will you have a purse to match it princess?

I cannot beleive this is a serious topic.

Bad Ronald

Chimp
Jun 30, 2005
Danbury, CT
dropmachine.com said:
The question isn't what color is going to be in, the question is: Will you have a purse to match it princess?

I cannot beleive this is a serious topic.
I think it is a great topic. Aesthetics are one of the biggest purchasing influences there is on any kind of product and not just bikes. Why do you think cars, bikes, toys, clothing, and etc. are all offered in multiple color options? If color and design didn't mtter then we would all drive silver honda civics and the world would be a very boring place.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Look back at any magazine from the 80's (bike, surfing, etc.) and you will be embarassed that people in your sport ever wore/used colors like that. All of those hideous colors and anodizing are coming back (look at the SX on the other thread). In another 20 years it will be just as embarrassing.

I'm running out and replacing all of my bikes before black is completely replaced by the neon greens and pinks.

Actually....now that I think about it, the marketing guys are pretty smart. Everyone will go out and buy puke green bikes because they are sooo hot. Then in two years they won't be caught dead riding one and will have to buy another new bike.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I'll say plaid.

Screw re-hashing old trends and bringing that neon crap back.
Some company will grow some balls, and put out a plaid frame.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
If anyone needs some of those old school Kookas, we have some here at Iron Horse that we acquired in the K2 deal.

-ska todd