Quantcast

White parts; whats the deal?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Ok, vanity, silly, w/e - but I thought 2005 was the year of the white bike and IMO it was quickly played out.

HOWEVER it persists; a very small portion of white builds are REALLY nice, and the rest are fat chicks in a bikini, if you get my drift..

so whats up? how many people LOVE white so much they want everything available in white?

The impetus for this question is that all 08 DH/FR forks from marzocchi are WHITE *ONLY* -- Yuck, I would have to re-powder coat or buy another brand.

Also - pre-emptive STFU and go ride to all the buttstaynes who will reply 'who cares' 'go ride your bike' --- you clammylippedasspenguins - you suck, and so does your....

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Meh, fashion trends come and go. There's nothing "up" really, it's just a cycle. I thought white was played back in '87 when I had white bars, spokes and tires on my freestyle rig, but here it is again. (Of course, pretty much everything else on that bike was pink so that shows you what I know about what looks good.)

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
:stupid:

It's like a bad smell....it just won't go away. Now I'll be the first to admit that small white accents can look money sometimes. But it seems that most people just don't know when to quit. I like the look of white forks on a dark frame, but on a white frame, it just looks bad

For example. In one of my local shops their is a white dirtbag with white everything(fork,bar,stem,special E.13 guide), the only thing it doesn't have is white tires and a white chain. They took a nice looking frame and made it look like a pigeon with Diarrhea

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
White is the worst possible "color" choice for a mountain bike. It will look like a hammered dog turd after it's ridden once off road. Every time I see an all white bike I can't help but to think that it belongs to someone who doesn't actually ride, they just think it makes them look cool. White isn't even an actual color, it is the absence of all color. It's just blank, there is nothing there. White is void of any imagination or true personal expression. I can't stand white, I don't even own any white clothing.

What ever happened to good old matte black?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'm still waiting for purple ano to make its triumphant return.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
funny i almost started this thread the other day...it looks wack when people color coordinate to much...esp w white, i saw more white at whistler last month than i ever want to see again...

I have been a fan of white frames for years i think they are sharp and always look clean even when dirty...This is a total opinion thread and will go nowhere but i agree...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The time when red was faster is gone :(
But still beter white than green. The new green makes me puke and hurts my eyes(is it to blind the competition? Thought it's only usefull in 4x and DS).

(yeah i have loads of white stuff on my bike :P )

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
soon, methinks. fluorescent paint is back already; the custom cnc / anno freakshow is sure to follow.
Kooka, the sickness. My buddy had the rasta kooka cranks.

I had a purp anno Machinetech hubset with matching purple anno spok nips in '95 :imstupid:

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
Ok, vanity, silly, w/e - but I thought 2005 was the year of the white bike and IMO it was quickly played out.

HOWEVER it persists; a very small portion of white builds are REALLY nice, and the rest are fat chicks in a bikini, if you get my drift..

so whats up? how many people LOVE white so much they want everything available in white?

The impetus for this question is that all 08 DH/FR forks from marzocchi are WHITE *ONLY* -- Yuck, I would have to re-powder coat or buy another brand.

Also - pre-emptive STFU and go ride to all the buttstaynes who will reply 'who cares' 'go ride your bike' --- you clammylippedasspenguins - you suck, and so does your....
I like the white forks. I am positive there is a black 888 for 08 if you want one. Here is the link.
Colors come and go, but I do think you can have to much of one color on your bike. I like an all black bike, red rims, white fork......like mine : )

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/detailSPAForksMTB.asp?IDFolder=113&IDOggetto=55971&LN=UK&Sito=mtb

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I like white frames and Fork lowers, but that's about it. White highlights, nothing more. Something like this. Maybe a white/black I FLY C SDG seat. Too much white = :disgust1:

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I personally have marzocchi right now for making all the 888s white (Well, the good ones, like RC3X and WC versions). I was thinking of getting one, and now its out of the question.

A black boxxer team would look much better on my black bighit with red accents (bars, seat, bash, ect.)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Meh, fashion trends come and go. There's nothing "up" really, it's just a cycle. I thought white was played back in '87 when I had white bars, spokes and tires on my freestyle rig, but here it is again. (Of course, pretty much everything else on that bike was pink so that shows you what I know about what looks good.)
That's why I'm slow and go for show:thumb:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I use to have both black and white wheels. Here are two pics to compare.

Personally I cant decide if I like the white or black. Since I have a black fork, I think both ways look good. Opinions?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I personally have marzocchi right now for making all the 888s white (Well, the good ones, like RC3X and WC versions). I was thinking of getting one, and now its out of the question.

I don't particularly like white forks either but I own one because it's a freakin bike part and not getting the fork you want because you don't like the color is about as dumb as can be. Think about it. You're sacrificing what you want in the quality of a ride because of your fashion sense.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I don't particularly like white forks either but I own one because it's a freakin bike part and not getting the fork you want because you don't like the color is about as dumb as can be. Think about it. You're sacrificing what you want in the quality of a ride because of your fashion sense.
Normally, I agree with this 100%.
But somewhere a line has to be crossed.
When doves and Jeremy cry?