Quantcast

Who has an LG-1?

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
Oooh la la! Is that the new pearl white? Guessing its a 17"? I was looking at getting a blue but seeing it in white looks smokin'.. 16"s appear to coming in soon.....

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Acadian said:
Moi...

and I have another one coming - should be here tomorrow.

e.thirteen for life yo!! ;)

said it before, say it again, that bikes amazing:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
sweet bike. :drool: :drool: :drool:
do you still use that set up for rocky courses? :nopity:
and when are you going to give a review on the boxxer wc? :D

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
ThePriceSeliger said:
Will I be seeing you in Whistler again Luc?
I hope so...I want to try and make there at least twice this summer!

Supa - yes it's a 17"

The bike isn't mine tho...its a loaner from Iron Horse that they sent me after Interbike so I can do a review (e.g. 05 Sunday vs 06) on www.pinkbike.com

I have the luxury of riding this beauty until Sea Otter!! :cool:

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Acadian said:
I hope so...I want to try and make there at least twice this summer!

Supa - yes it's a 17"

The bike isn't mine tho...its a loaner from Iron Horse that they sent me after Interbike so I can do a review (e.g. 05 Sunday vs 06) on www.pinkbike.com

I have the luxury of riding this beauty until Sea Otter!! :cool:

looking forward to that

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
What do you think about the new pulley design at the bottom? I have had problems with my pulley on my '04/'05 sts packing up with scum and crap after a few rides. I'm looking for a cleaner and lighter solution for the coming warm months, but I need to know that this upgrade is worth the change. Also, this is a stretch, but how much do you guys predict one will save in terms of weight making the switch?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
ThePriceSeliger said:
July 8th through the 16th should be prime for out little money fest.
This isn't pinkbike; you need to learn to spell correctly.:mumble: :D

I need to figure out when I'm going. I really like the color on that sunday.

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Acadian said:
Moi...

and I have another one coming - should be here tomorrow.

e.thirteen for life yo!! ;)

Hey Luc...DW mentioned the LG-1 when i aked about chainguides for my Sunday...but he said seeing that the sunday has a low bb...the chainring might get smacked alot...do you have a problem with that? or is it fine? cause i want to change from the mrp to the LG-1 to lose some weight..thanks

KC

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
TurnerDHRider said:
Hey Luc...DW mentioned the LG-1 when i aked about chainguides for my Sunday...but he said seeing that the sunday has a low bb...the chainring might get smacked alot...do you have a problem with that? or is it fine? cause i want to change from the mrp to the LG-1 to lose some weight..thanks

KC
Judging by the looks of the bashguard on my personal Sunday – I say that’s a valid concern. In the summer I do most of my riding at North Star, which is pretty damn rocky, but right now it’s closed for the winter.

Just riding my local trails around here, the LG-1 is fine; I wouldn’t use the LG-1 for riding in very rocky areas, unless it had a good Taco. I’m planning a trip to Bootleg Canyon soon so I’ll have to take an old bashguard and make my own Taco so I don’t bend the ring or chain.

I’ll see how the home made Taco works on this bike – if it holds up, I might get an LG-1 for my personal Sunday – Otherwise I’ll just run my SRS. Hopefully by the summer e.thirteen will have a production Taco for the LG-1

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Acadian said:
Judging by the looks of the bashguard on my personal Sunday – I say that’s a valid concern. In the summer I do most of my riding at North Star, which is pretty damn rocky, but right now it’s closed for the winter.

Just riding my local trails around here, the LG-1 is fine; I wouldn’t use the LG-1 for riding in very rocky areas, unless it had a good Taco. I’m planning a trip to Bootleg Canyon soon so I’ll have to take an old bashguard and make my own Taco so I don’t bend the ring or chain.

I’ll see how the home made Taco works on this bike – if it holds up, I might get an LG-1 for my personal Sunday – Otherwise I’ll just run my SRS. Hopefully by the summer e.thirteen will have a production Taco for the LG-1
Okay..when you mention Taco...is that the back plate? sorry for my ignorance

KC

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
TurnerDHRider said:
Okay..when you mention Taco...is that the back plate? sorry for my ignorance

KC
no - Taco is the little piece of bashbuard that you can add to the guide so it protects the ring/chain.

See pic here from www.hcor.net - you can kindda see it sticking out under.

AKULA_7: now my #1 training secret is out!! ;)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Whattup yo - the taco bolts directly to the guide plate - always there regardless of crank orientation. Maybe not as durable long-term as a full bash but definitely lighter.

Yanick

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Laval, Qc.
plus ca change plus c'est pareil!!!
Acadian really has good taste for bike!!! Always choose a good bike and know how to make a awesome look out of it!!

Y.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Yanick said:
plus ca change plus c'est pareil!!!
Acadian really has good taste for bike!!! Always choose a good bike and know how to make a awesome look out of it!!

Y.
Again...it's not MY bike. It's a TEST bike. So if you really like the build kit\color combo - then you need to give props to Todd and Travis @ IH :cool:

Although this bike is getting a lot of props - personally I'm not a big fan of White. But that's just me. I just finished taking my 05 Sunday apart so I can get her Powercoaded – and all I can say is that it won’t be White :evil:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Acadian said:
Again...it's not MY bike. It's a TEST bike. So if you really like the build kit\color combo - then you need to give props to Todd and Travis @ IH :cool:

Although this bike is getting a lot of props - personally I'm not a big fan of White. But that's just me. I just finished taking my 05 Sunday apart so I can get her Powercoaded – and all I can say is that it won’t be White :evil:
Luc,
If you don't like the look of that bike, I am sure that DW can hook you up with his Lasik Dr., because you can't see for $hit. :blah:

Yanick

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Laval, Qc.
Acadian said:
Again...it's not MY bike. It's a TEST bike. .... :evil:
oups... Sorry I haven't be very active on RM recently so I probalby miss thousand of thread from you...

Actually, I was wondering if you are still as much active on the net as a year or two ago. Just did a search on you on some board and find out you still participate quite a lot on bike forum.

Sorry Superdeft to "kind of" hijacking your thread... I'll write him an E-mail:)

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
CBJ: White is played out yo!! ;) Got your bike yet?

Jeremy: Ironically - I went to my eye Dr. before XMas and I need glasses :( I didn't say it wasn't a nice bike. White just isn&#8217;t my first choice when I pick a frame&#8230;.look nice from far, but after a while, looks far from nice.

Yanick: I&#8217;m still active, just not as much as I used to..

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Acadian said:

orange:thumb: :thumb: