Quantcast

Who has the best bike

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Looks good! The frame and fork match really well.

To upload straight to your post, just upload your photo at www.imageshack.us and then copy the tags that look like this:
straight to the post, after your image is linked. Those tags should be in the forum hotlink part of the generated code.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Hey, Thrillseeka......

Let us know when you are headed to Manhattan Ks. I should have my 07 stp zero by then and lots of the guys there are on hardtails now. I'll make the two hour trip when you head this way. Nice bike by the way.

These type of bikes are new to me too. But I can't wait to learn some new skillz. Big bikes are fun, Just not on urban rides! By the way.... Do you still have that White E-13 Bash guard? If so what size is it for? I'll have a 36 tooth front ring.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Bummer, no, I just traded it for the crankset you see in that pic! I'm trying to get my paws on a red one for the Riot right now.
What's the weather like there right now??? I'm so bummed, built this bike up one evening a few days ago and that night got DROPPED on by the White Devil! 4" of crappy slush/ice/snow in like 2 hours. Wouldn't be SO bad if the ground was atleast frozen first, but it was 40s and raining for 3 days first. Sucks. Been "riding" in my basement.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
It's been in the 50's for most of the winter, but this weekend it's been raining for 2 days and everything is going to be mooshy for a while now.
It's in the 30's now but it's supposed to warm up later this week. Funky weather for the Midwest anyway.

I should have my STP in a another week or 2. The shop I got it from wants to wait till 07 to place an order, so they don't get hammerd with a large bill at the end of the year. They gave me a killer deal on it so I could wait an extra week.

The only thing that sucks is.... "Now is the perfect time for the street bike" around these parts with the ground being all sloppy.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
One vote for mine...

Frame: Simple Bicycle Company - custom geo - 22.5" TT (23 effective), 15.5" chain stay, 13" BB, 9.75" BB to TT/ST intersection, 70 HT angle, Spanish BB, integrated headset, integrated seat clamp

Frame Weight: 5 lbs 5 oz with the BB bearings and spacer installed
Total Bike Weight: 28.4 lbs

Forks: Manitou Gold Label Series 2
Cranks: Odyssey Wombolts
Hubs: Atomlab Aircorp SS
Rims: Mavic 721s
Tires: DMR Motos
Bars: SIC Chase 3"
Stem: SIC Classic
Seat/Seat Post: MacNeil
Pedals: Drive Pro Sealed
Brakes: Hayes
Chainwheel: FBM Wurlitzer
Chain: Shadow Interlock 2
Grips: Demolition Missile

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Hey, Thrillseeka......

Let us know when you are headed to Manhattan Ks.
Manhattan, KS? That's where I went to college. Those DJs still by the Holiday Inn? Those were some sic azz trails. Does homeboy from the base still build there? If you guys know him... tell him I'm "old school."

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Manhattan, KS? That's where I went to college. Those DJs still by the Holiday Inn? Those were some sic azz trails. Does homeboy from the base still build there? If you guys know him... tell him I'm "old school."
You talking about Jesse Henson? Ya I drive about 2 hours from Kc to ride there every now and then! I'm friends with the Manhattan crew even though the crew changes about 2 times a year.

The MRT has alot of new stuff out there. Lots more DJ's now, A cool hip jump, took down the big ladder bridge and going to put in another bridge with a kicker on the end of it probably.
Here's a pick of one of the new jumps added.

What year did you ride in Manhappenin?
Jesse is still out builden there! He finally got discharged from duty and now lives off base but still in Manhattan. It's the same old crew but with lots more added here and there as people come and go in the military and college.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
You talking about Jesse Henson? Ya I drive about 2 hours from Kc to ride there every now and then! I'm friends with the Manhattan crew even though the crew changes about 2 times a year.
I'm not sure if it was Jesse. I don't remember his name, but that doesn't sound right. I rode there off and on from 99 to 03. We were all on 20" bmx's at the time. Yeah, that place always had a revolving crew. That looks like it, but I'm confused as to where that pic was taken. Which way is the ditch? With like the 4 pack going into it and the 8 pack coming out? I'm glad it's still there. It's kind of odd to have a spot like that in a small town in the middle of Kansas.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I'm not sure if it was Jesse. I don't remember his name, but that doesn't sound right. I rode there off and on from 99 to 03. We were all on 20" bmx's at the time. Yeah, that place always had a revolving crew. That looks like it, but I'm confused as to where that pic was taken. Which way is the ditch? With like the 4 pack going into it and the 8 pack coming out? I'm glad it's still there. It's kind of odd to have a spot like that in a small town in the middle of Kansas.
that pic. looks like its at the Manhattan River Trails, which, from what I remeber are a couple of miles away from the Holiday Inn trails. The stuff at the holiday inn was pretty big and well developed. I talked to one of the locals, he said he had been building there for close to 10 yrs.

niguet

Monkey
Sep 11, 2005
a friends NS bikes suburban( i just buy one too, i cant wait to build it!, its a sick frame), some specs:

- dj2 lowered to 60mm
- Saint cranks
- atomic stem
- nsbikes rear hub

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Just got mine about an hour ago!

It came w/ better cranks than it was listed with too!
Came w/ Holzfeller Howitzer cranks and BB! Not the Hussefelt cranks stated! Bonus, Wooo Hooo!
Not the best bike but it's mine and I like it!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Here are a few shot's of customers bikes we jsut shipped out this past week .

David Thacker's SecretAgent in Pearl White

Ian's SecretAgent in gloss black

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
^sick looking bike, but does it perform well doing street and such? always seemed a little too long and slack

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
It feels shorter then my ToP did to tell you the truth. Feels better to me on dirt jumps and street it is slacking a little but it more then makes up for that in dirt jumping.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Dude's my bike is the best it is a sledgehammer, chrome with shocks on the front and rear .I would have taken a picture but my camera broke so you just have to believe me.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Dude's my bike is the best it is a sledgehammer, chrome with shocks on the front and rear .I would have taken a picture but my camera broke so you just have to believe me.
We all know your bikes got mad STEEZZ SAw .... but shoks and pegs LUCKY :twitch:

You ever take that thing off some sick jumps ?