Quantcast

Who is going to Massanutten, and what nights are you staying?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'm trying to get a handle on who is going, and who is staying over Sat. night after the race. I am not racing, but I may be in the area to ride some other trails and attend the cookout if there is one on Saturday. If enough people are staying, and there is a get together, I may even bring my Big Screens to do some MTB film screenings at said get together. (After I pass it by Massanutten of course)

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it Friday night due to work :plthumbsdown:

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
I'll be riding the course on Friday but not Sat. I'll be riding early Sat. (before 9AM) on the western side and in the forest in the afternoon. The later ride will be significantly longer (3 to 5 hours) depending on who is slowing us down:biggrin:. No shuttles but WELL worth it. Bring some food and I'll bring the mental help:brows:. Big, long descents (most of it single track.) Only fire roads will be on the way out. Last trail is all down. You in Hamberger?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
The Elevate crew will be there Thurs. and Fri. nights at the hotel, but we're heading back to NY on Sat. after the race.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I plan on coming on Friday and camping out on the slope (I assume thats allowed). I won't be riding because I'm still recovering from a broken hand (get the cast off 5 days after Massanutten). My brother is also coming and riding the beginner class. I'll be coaching him and doing some photos.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Also, would anybody happen to have some space on a floor/couch for Friday night? Might be heading up by myself and my college student status generally limits how much money I have for a room, gas, etc. Thanks in advance!

Feb 26, 2007
Leaving Hickory, NC Friday morning by 6 oclock, and plan on practicing all day Friday. Then camping Friday and Saturday night.

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I plan on heading up Friday w Hokierider and the better half in the AM and coming back on Saturday. I got the plates,bowles, plasticware and napkins for the cookout.

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
I know were still a week away but is anybody getting fired up about this race weekend yet.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
4 day work week...Cinco de drink...and riding on Friday....I'm getting psyched to be on the rig all day....everyone better be bringing their A game...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Can't wait! Just got literally pummelled by the Jr. X World Champs course at Platty yesterday - looking forward to a fun and fast course at Massanutten!

And can anyone dispell this story I heard this past weekend: Rumor is that practice will only be 12-5 on Friday, as Shaums March is doing his school 9-12 exclusively on the course???

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Can't wait! Just got literally pummelled by the Jr. X World Champs course at Platty yesterday - looking forward to a fun and fast course at Massanutten!

And can anyone dispell this story I heard this past weekend: Rumor is that practice will only be 12-5 on Friday, as Shaums March is doing his school 9-12 exclusively on the course???
Practice has always been from 12 to 5 at Massa on Friday.

DHAlicia

Chimp
Apr 27, 2008
Bethel, CT
My husband, Dog and I are coming from CT for our first East Coast DH race ever. Had reserved the $60 a night hotel but found out last night (to call and confirm about pets allowed or not) that they don't allow dogs! So we may be camping.

So the question is....In Colorado people are cool about you leaving your dog tied or crated near your car / on site campsite or whatever. How is the scene here about that? She's a lot happier to come with us and chill while we ride then to stay at a kennel.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
So the question is....In Colorado people are cool about you leaving your dog tied or crated near your car / on site campsite or whatever. How is the scene here about that? She's a lot happier to come with us and chill while we ride then to stay at a kennel.
It varies from Mt. to Mt.. Mt. Snow in VT. for example does not allow dogs at all (any more) and will disqualify a racer if there's an "issue". Best to check with the promoter perhaps?

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I've heard in the past that Massanutten is dog-tolerant as far as camping goes but they definitely don't want them running off-leash. Best to call and get the low-down.