Quantcast

who writes checks for a box of cereal?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i know who - the dumba$$ infront of me at the store on saturday. WTF? if you can't scrape enough paper and coin together to buy a box of cereal on the spot, maybe you should consider eating shreded newspaper.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Who writes checks anymore should be your question.

We only write 1/month & that is for rent.

Checks are so 1985.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
TN even writing it for rent is sooooo 90s. You can setup any payment in your web bank to do that and its pretty good evidence that you have paid somebody too.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
i know who - the dumba$$ infront of me at the store on saturday. WTF? if you can't scrape enough paper and coin together to buy a box of cereal on the spot, maybe you should consider eating shreded newspaper.
... the same person that uses their credit card for a frapuccino at starbucks.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
TN even writing it for rent is sooooo 90s. You can setup any payment in your web bank to do that and its pretty good evidence that you have paid somebody too.
Are you calling me a '90's throwback?

Maybe I just like to use my Looney Tunes checks.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
What kind of cereal was it?
not sure of the brand, but to his credit, he was buying it at Whole Foods. for those not familiar with this granola-head grocery store, it is often referred to as Whole Paycheck because of the pricing on many of the items. still, it was cereal.

...maybe there was a cool prize inside, but i doubt it.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I thought Whole Foods only accepted gold bouillon, home equity lines of credit, and first born children as forms of payment?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
not sure of the brand, but to his credit, he was buying it at Whole Foods. for those not familiar with this granola-head grocery store, it is often referred to as Whole Paycheck because of the pricing on many of the items. still, it was cereal.

...maybe there was a cool prize inside, but i doubt it.
I don't carry enough cash on me for a box of cereal at Whole Foods, either.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
... the same person that uses their credit card for a frapuccino at starbucks.
:wave:

Many of us don't carry cash. That's why I use my card at Peetes coffee and everywhere else. If you're in that big of a hurry then you shouldn't have stopped for coffee anyway.

I'm not even going to ask why you were in a starschmucks anyway.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

Many of us don't carry cash. That's why I use my card at Peetes coffee and everywhere else. If you're in that big of a hurry then you shouldn't have stopped for coffee anyway.

same here....most places now dont require you sign receipt for under $25...which is kinda scary, but makes getting coffee and blunts much faster.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

I never see the money I make any more. Currency is soooooo 2001.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I don't have a problem waiting for someone to write a check when I'm in line. The thing that pisses me off ore the people who wait until they are given the total before they start filling out the whole fu*k'n check. If you're going to write a check, at least have the business name, date and have it signed. Then you have the people who take for Fu*k'n ever just to sign their name, that even goes for credit cards. It's like they're writing a flipping novel. Scribble your name so I can get on my way. And yes in case know one noticed, the world does revolve around me:thumb:

I don't care what you do with your time, as long as it doesn't impact mine!!!!!! :cheers:;);)

Rant over:D:D:D

I'm just in one of those moods today:)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
starting a thread about it.....

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Always use a credit card. Waaaaay faster than cash.

Who uses a check? When you ask people who write a lot of checks, the answer, 75% of the time, its because they want to be able to keep track of their money. (i.e. they have a spending problem.

If you can't figure out how to keep your finances straight, then get to the back of the line, not in front of me.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Always use a credit card. Waaaaay faster than cash.

Who uses a check? When you ask people who write a lot of checks, the answer, 75% of the time, its because they want to be able to keep track of their money. (i.e. they have a spending problem.

If you can't figure out how to keep your finances straight, then get to the back of the line, not in front of me.
So you don't mind "giving" 10% of your hard earned money to the credit card companies for the sake of convenience?

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
I rack up several thousand each month in credit card charges. And I pay my bill in full as soon as I get it.

I have paid nothing for the use of credit cards in 15 years.

And, as matter of fact, my amex gives me ~$1000 a year back in cash, visa gives me ~$500 back. Not bad for the $100 a year I pay for both. $1400/year net profit for floating my money.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
If you give CC companies (banks) your money, then you're daft. :p
I think he is referring to the money the CC companies take from the places you spend your money. So yes every time you use your card you are giving money directly to the CC companies.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
today I had to write a check for 25 cents. Yup 25 freaking cents. I was coming home on the NJ parkway and I lost my altoids tin i keep all my change in somewhere in everything getting packed. So at the toll they gave me a receipt and envelope. On the back of the envelope it said do not mail cash! check or money order only. I am not about to pay $15 for 25 cent western union money order. So I wrote the check and dropped it in the mail. The postage cost more than the toll.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I think he is referring to the money the CC companies take from the places you spend your money. So yes every time you use your card you are giving money directly to the CC companies.
The credit card companies (Visa Int'l, AmEx, etc) don't charge NEARLY 10%. He was referring to the interest the BANKS that issue the cards charge.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
You would be surprised what the CC companies charge. I know for a fact a few years ago Amex charge at least $100 if you did not swipe the card. I was constantly yelled at for taking Amex payments over the phone because of these charges. The percentage the CC charge varies depending on multiple circumstances. The average is around 3%

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I refuse to. If you keep using plastic, the "MAN" can figure out what you do and where you are. If you pay cash, then it's easier to stay under their radar.
Meh, just avoid using words like attack, bomb, allah, and 70 virgins on the phone and you'll be alright