Quantcast

Who You Are, What You Ride, Where You Ride.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
If ya'll know me you know my name
I ride a Cortina Europa HT with a firefly and a Foes Fly with a 36 Talas
I ride all over the country whenever I can, but on a weekly basis you can find me riding stuff we build in G-vegas or doing big rides in pisgah+dupont.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Matt
Intense 5.5 w/Firefly Plus & M3 w/Fox 40

Wife Ellen also has the same set up.

Hit as many races as we can, Snowshoe, Mass, ETSU, etc. Ride various parks around Winston, Greensboro, Charlotte & Hickory. Build & ride trails at Dark Mtn in Wilkesboro. Can't wait to make it back to Windrock!!!

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Guard said:
Matt
Intense 5.5 w/Firefly Plus & M3 w/Fox 40

Wife Ellen also has the same set up.

Hit as many races as we can, Snowshoe, Mass, ETSU, etc. Ride various parks around Winston, Greensboro, Charlotte & Hickory. Build & ride trails at Dark Mtn in Wilkesboro. Can't wait to make it back to Windrock!!!
Grey Intense M3? I think I met you guys up in Snowshoe during the Monster Park weekend. Chase, silve C'Dale Gemini with Hope brakes?

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
stubby said:
i saw u at monster park banshee, i was on the yellow sgs with a forty.
Yeah, I know who you are. I wasn't riding a Banshee then, that was Merritt, the owner of Re:Cycles (red Bender Edition Scream), or maybe Keegan, on the black Scream. I ride a raw/silver Gemini, and now a black Banshee Scratch.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
WKC said:
Grey Intense M3? I think I met you guys up in Snowshoe during the Monster Park weekend. Chase, silve C'Dale Gemini with Hope brakes?
Yeah I remember you. The M3's are actually blue but gray is pretty close. I still wish I had never tried those Hope's of our!:D

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
it cracks me up how nobody knows who they are talking to on-line until they describe their bike and how it's built up. we never forget when we spot a trick bike,the faces are hidden behind full face helmets. but the bike is out there for all to see.

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
stubby said:
yeah i saw u on the gem. I no keegan i rode wiht him at pooplartent, matt your m3s are ded sexy, even if their bluishgreyishbluishgrey
its Know stubby. and chase on your earlyer post about them girls, if ur not sh*ting me, and their hot ill take u up on that.:evil:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhhhhhh

i am biggins
i live in asheville
i dont ride but i am damn good downhill domination
i have a yeti as-x

(and my pm box is cleaned out Santacruzed).

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
I'm ryan

did live in kernersville but now bonney lake washington

02 kona stab primo with shiver/silver 02 s-works enduro/05 fuse 4

when i lived back there(counry park/salem/hobby park/pee wees/ber mill). Here in seatle(sea tac/exit 38/skate barn/aubern/thrill zone foam pit/and whistler).

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
Me is Bryan
I build trails. Trails with a twist. Tar River is my creation.
I hate mud!
Now that I've built something no one will jump I've retired to being a grumpy old man.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
TM1 said:
Me is Bryan
I hate mud!
Now that I've built something no one will jump I've retired to being a grumpy old man.
you don't have to retire to be a grumpy old man.

Str8Dwn

Chimp
Dec 4, 2001
ATL
Name: Ryan
Bike: Profile DSL1 w/Pike Team
Trails: Blankets Creek, Big Creek, Bear Creek
Interested in riding downtown ATL - too many creeks up here in the sticks.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
TM1 said:
Me is Bryan
I hate mud!
damn...that thing is STILL cherry???

who: adam
what: see sig
where: coastal va (norfolk, and williamsburg), occasionally snowshoe (but not NEARLY enough)

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
ha yupper well lets see

Who-Jon Pfundstein aka Pfundstein with a P
What-05 Iron horse yazuku Ojiniki, with slider and Alex trued front wheelset ;) and 2001 GT XCR 5000 for sale coughcough
Where- Northwood, Country Park, mikes house, Fishing hole with the god like table, Hobby Park, Pee Wee's and whatever the hell else

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
YeeeHawww Update...

Who I am: Zach G.
What I ride: 2006 Specialized Demo 8 w/ Marz 888 VF2 w/ Fox DHX 4.0 w/ Hooters Girl !
Where I ride: Da Fishin' Ho !, Country Park ,PeeWees , Legend , Tar River, CHHS, Been to Snowshoe, and Wherever Else.

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
I'm danW (daniel)...

As of today, I ride my brand new 05' Santa Cruz VP FREE!

Where:Mostly at Country Park, Fishin' Hole & Cone Bowls ...have ventured out a time or two with some of the Greensboro locals to some other places as well...like Zach who posted just ahead of me - Glad to see you finally got your new ride!

danW

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
ridetoofast said:
damn...that thing is STILL cherry???

Yeah, a shame ain't it.

Right now the trails are basicly closed.. Mostly to lack of interest.

Kinda hard to get motivated to build when there are no riders to play on the creations.

We will see what happens after deer hunting ends in 2 weeks.

Adam, Tar is 40 miles into NC off I 85 South

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Trailmaster- If you take the hugh curve out of the ski jump and make it level I would do it. Its gonna shoot you up way high as it is know!!!

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
You altitude sensitive Craig?

If it were Flat the 25' gap would be dangerous. Besides, then you couldn't get a back flip in. If people are getting too high off the jump, Ill just have to trim the tree tops back.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
I am: Adam NOvatt
I ride: a colier deluxe but in a week it will be an SX trail
where i ride: mammoth, and the great selection of SB trails

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
haromtnbiker said:
Trailmaster- If you take the hugh curve out of the ski jump and make it level I would do it. Its gonna shoot you up way high as it is know!!!
My sentiment exactly...make it just a straight off road gap style hit....the big curved booter looks sweet, but I dont know anybodywho wants to put their ass on the line for that kinda hit...there's no 3000 dollar check waitin for us if it gets cleaned...there may be a multi-thousand dollar ER bill if its hit and goes horribly wrong. I should have say in this, since I drove approximatley 70 miles to get that wood to you...lets rebuild it...nothings perfect the first (or second, or third) time. I hate seeing all that hard earned material going to waste for no real reason...rebuild it and they will come..

Oh yeah...My name is Tom...I ride a stinky, I like Tar when its open, but I do some XC at Beaverdam, Newlight and build dumb things to ride in my yard.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Bushwhacker said:
My sentiment exactly...make it just a straight off road gap style hit....the big curved booter looks sweet, but I dont know anybodywho wants to put their ass on the line for that kinda hit...there's no 3000 dollar check waitin for us if it gets cleaned...there may be a multi-thousand dollar ER bill if its hit and goes horribly wrong. I should have say in this, since I drove approximatley 70 miles to get that wood to you...lets rebuild it...nothings perfect the first (or second, or third) time. I hate seeing all that hard earned material going to waste for no real reason...rebuild it and they will come..

Oh yeah...My name is Tom...I ride a stinky, I like Tar when its open, but I do some XC at Beaverdam, Newlight and build dumb things to ride in my yard.
If it was a straight road gap, I'd drive up to hit it right now.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
That line would be hot as a road gap. I always thought it would be cool to rotate that booter by 90 degrees so that it forms a shallow "U" and then make a jump into it and then a tranny to jump out of it... just my retarded idea.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
sorry, Mike, couple of santa cruz's, ride chhs a lot, AA, Salem, Moto's, CP, Tar, Legend, Wintergreen, BC once a year...and wherever else.

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
OK, The jump looks spooky. I totally believe it's much easier than people are imagining. Simply rolling the run up will put a bike right on the lander. Granted, lofting the bike 3-6' up from the lip for a 15'+ drop to the lander.

If it was flat you'd have to scream down the run up and pray you make it over the lip of the lower jump.

Yeah, I could have made it with a smaller kicker so the jump wasn't so intimidating. That was the original plan. To make it at the same level as everything else around. But, I wanted to raise the bar to a new level for this part of the world.

Only a couple people have actually seen it, so, I think it would be a good idea to hold off on any opinions till after we see how it rides.

No, I will not dumb it down.

Sorry for the thread hijack. Please resume, ignore all this nonscence.

BTW, I ride a Ti hardtail and a Kona Kickapu. Mostly here at Tar and around the triangle. I hit Hobby park, Kitsuma and Bent Creek on my regular pilgramages back home to Sequatchie County Tenn were I have another network of trails at Lewis Chapel TN.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Let me get this thread back on track....

Who I am: Josh, but most people other than my wife call me zod
What I ride:KHS-FR2000, KH-24 Mountain Unicycle, and within the next couple weeks an IronHorse Porter
Where I ride:Planet Zod, the Stanley Ghetto Loop, and as soon as me and the rest of the crew finish building it....Poston Trail

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
Who: Zach
What:Santa Cruz Bullit w/888RC.......Iron Horse Porter w/ Sherman Jumper
Where: Hick Park, Pee Wee's, Windrock, Wilsons, and, BC (once a year)