Quantcast

Who's excited for Supercross???

suffocating

Chimp
Jun 2, 2010
Alessi has mad starts after that he can't keep up.
Seems like Alessi had every hole shot back when he was on Suzuki but could never get a good start outdoors on the KTM. Seems like a bit of a handicap to have 100cc less than everybody else, especially on the start. I know with the right rider it can be done Caroilli (sp?) won the European GP on one. With the amount of talent in that class the 350 riders are really going to have to be on their A game.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
I bet a few boxers would argue with you on that one ;)
there will always be someone that will argue with anyone's opinion...

There is no denying that supercross has got to be one of the toughest sports in the world, to do what those guys do takes another level of fitness, strength, focus and skill. They are some of the best athletes in the world.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
It's on speed channel live tonight at 10pm est. Have a bunch of people coming over.

With regards to demo's question about people here riding sx, some people ride arena cross tracks. However, there are not many sx tracks open to amateurs for obvious reasons. I have riden indoor ax tracks every winter up until this year when every track within 6 hours has closed. Sucks since i had the best indoor track in the Midwest 3 miles from my house. It closed a few years ago when the 3 owners got into it over money.

Now, I have just been trail riding this winter in the snow. Better dh training anyway.

My prediction for tonight
Stewart
Dungey
Rv
Canard
Reed

Hansen
Hahn
Rockson (sp?)

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
It's on speed channel live tonight at 10pm est. Have a bunch of people coming over.

With regards to demo's question about people here riding sx, some people ride arena cross tracks. However, there are not many sx tracks open to amateurs for obvious reasons. I have riden indoor ax tracks every winter up until this year when every track within 6 hours has closed. Sucks since i had the best indoor track in the Midwest 3 miles from my house. It closed a few years ago when the 3 owners got into it over money.

Now, I have just been trail riding this winter in the snow. Better dh training anyway.

My prediction for tonight
Stewart
Dungey
Rv
Canard
Reed

Hansen
Hahn
Rockson (sp?)
Since you seem to know a bit about moto, how difficult is it to jump a dirtbike, i have ridden them a little bit, and hit "jumps" but obviously nothing to brag about, it seems so effortless, as they blip the throttle and triple up 3 jumps in a row. :eek: I find it astounding that they can do doubles, or triples, and i have even seen a few quads.

Pelle

Chimp
Nov 21, 2008
how difficult is it to jump a dirtbike..
I think it´s easier than on a bicycle, if you really mess up the approach on a bike you are pretty much screwed.
On a moto you just rev it if you get a nosedive and hit the rear brake if you end up front high. It wont always save you but it helps for sure.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Yes, it is easier to jump a mx bike than a dh bike. Obviously, you can speed up at the last minute if you need some more speed. As noted above, you can change the pitch of the bike with the engine. However, with a dh bike you can just pull up since it is lighter.

The mx bike has way better suspension than any dh bike. The additional mass of the mx bike and heavier wheels make it more stable.

On the other hand, you can't just jump off a mx bike like you can on a bicycle.

All that said, you just end up jumping further on a mx bike. You will still take the same level of risk on either.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Anywhere to watch this online? My cable is being all jumpy and glitchy (presumably thanks to the foot of snow outside) and I don't want to miss this.

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
bubba and reed had a hell of a race considering how poor their starts were! like what, 12th and 13th ish at the start to finish up 3rd and 5th! that's mental!

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Crap start for Bubba but does it matter? The writing is on the wall.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Bubba showed he's got the speed and what seems to be a new found patience when coming thru traffic.

Tedesco needs to get out if the way and let the big boys race. He's a mid pack rider at best.

sgarstin

Chimp
Feb 26, 2010
Eli Tomac, Mini Stewart, Hahn... Lite's is stacked!
Isn't Malcolm contesting the East Coast lites? I heard he was but then haven't heard any mention of it on any websites when they mention all the other rookies.

Anyways freakin sick race. I wish they showed some of Chad Reed moving through the pack up into 5th.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Q#1:
Ryan V. is looking super fast!!!!! Lets see how fast James is?

Update for Q#2: Reed took the win. Didn't see that one coming!!! James went down after leading, but got up and ok. Was 3th.
Cecil

Last edited:

TheRiddler

Chimp
Aug 23, 2009
Villapoto should have won that race. its good to see someone turning faster lap times than bubba. Austin Stroupe is an NC local, from Lincolnton. Im stoked to see him making it with the big boys. Does anyone know why he didnt start in the main?

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
The main was boring, uneventful, glad to see james take it, but would have liked to see him work a little harder for it.

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
Was at the race, very rad to see it go down. Eli did well, we were all pulling for him!

I'd like to know if Ryan V. was biding his time behind James and just hit that troublesome loose right hand and went down, or if he was at max to match Bubba's pace when his low sided. Fingers crossed these two stay healthy and put on a good show, same goes for the rest.