Quantcast

Why are all bike shops closed on Sunday???

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I have MTB tubes and a patch kit but since i rarely ride road i figured that the patch kit would be enough, but the stem blew out of the tube from being old. And I'm not saying that it's the shops fault, i just dont understand why they can't adjust their work schedules so nobody has to work 7 days a week like almost all other businesses.
in order to have the staff needed to cover Sundays, we would have to hire more people, and pay more people. Customers already expect discounts. I would either have to take a pay cut, as well as everyone else, or customers would have pay full pop no questions. And even then I'd still likely have to take a cut.

In the end, here at least, it doesn't make sense financially. I go into shops here that are open on Sundays and they're always dead.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The shops near riding areas get lots of business around here on the weekends. Away from riding areas, not so much. Not that I go to shops much. The stuff I want is too "exotic" which I think means it's not a $400 trek or giant complete.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Because the crazy whining bitches that work there would drive the managers crazy if they didn't get their precious day off. Mind you I work everyday and I don't get to go racing in Vermont or the Adirondacks you phugging leach. I worked in an office full of crazy whining married women who would cut each other throats at the drop of a dime, a publishing company has nothing on bike shop when it comes to treachery and back stabbing that goes on... Phugging prima donnas all of them. How is that for a bike shop confidential....