Quantcast

:>) Why, just why? (<:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Made a delicious steak sirloin last night. Mmm marbling and butter. :drool:

No ride today, owing to all the rain the past two days. I'll give the trails a chance to dry out. Maybe tomorrow.

@StiHacka, looks like I'll be joining the LT Wright gang. Got a Patriot on the way in 3V.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Much to @jonKranked's chagrin, I'm electing to have the brakes done on the official car of ridemonkey. Parts alone would cost me $400 for non-OEM, and then I'd have to spend a saturday doing it. I'm kind of stuck, so I'll gladly pay $300 to not deal with it.

Parts for the fronts are easier to come by, so maybe I'll start collecting before i'm in a pinch again.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
@StiHacka, looks like I'll be joining the LT Wright gang. Got a Patriot on the way in 3V.
Nice! What scales? I have one in AEB-L dressed green micarta scales.
I want to go back to leominster TF this weekend, but don't know if I have the 3-4hr to commit
I hiked around the Wolf den hill on Sunday, would like to ride those trails. We should make it happen.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
got new tires installed for the DH bike, but couldn't get cushcore installed for the life of me. need some more ham in my fists. this is all perfect because its looking like i might get rained out of DH this weekend. :think:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Nice! What scales? I have one in AEB-L dressed green micarta scales.

I hiked around the Wolf den hill on Sunday, would like to ride those trails. We should make it happen.
Natural, matte micarta. Would have preferred blaze orange G-10, as it will be one of my hunting knives, but thats not a very popular choice and they are all sold out.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Natural, matte micarta. Would have preferred blaze orange G-10, as it will be one of my hunting knives, but thats not a very popular choice and they are all sold out.
Nice. I just went nuts and got a Karesuando Unna Aksu. Lapland hunters use it to kill and process game but I will use it as a very portable trails cleaning, camping and small firewood hatchet.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh, hello. I had a nice 7 mile run at sunrise this morning, then hit up the dentist's office for my six month coffee stain removal. I'll do some sort of pedaling later and will keep it very easy. I'm running a 5K race Saturday, which will be my first race in 15 months. I miss it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Toe is definitely broken but not terrible. Itching to get out for a ride. Need to put the roof on and build a door for my new upcycled chicken run.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I wish. Got a bevy of folders for EDC.

The Patriot will most likely ride along as my backup/small game knife while hunting. Bark River Gunny is my main knife for cleaning at the moment.

But if it isn't clear, I just love knives and always have.
Yeah the fixed blade edc is a bit much but there's people that do it. I carry a Benchmade 575-1 now but before that it had been a 527 for the last 10 years. I tried to find a better knife than the 527 but it w always made it's way back into my pocket. The 575-1 is basically the updated 527, seems logical I would take it I guess.

Also, I recently picked up a Swamprat Assault Shaker for these night rides I've been doing in kitty country.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I wish. Got a bevy of folders for EDC.

The Patriot will most likely ride along as my backup/small game knife while hunting. Bark River Gunny is my main knife for cleaning at the moment.

But if it isn't clear, I just love knives and always have.
I bought the Patriot as an office knife before the pandemic exploded, it is small enough for being legal in Boston. I think I'll need to take a picture later. :)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That has felony written all over it if they find this knife on you in the Boston proper. :crazy:

Also, most metro millenials panic when they see a pocket knife. I got shit for peeling an orange with a mini 1.5" folding Boker in the office.

View attachment 159919
Ehem, guess I should be more careful then. I usually assume a non-assisted 3" blade is legal most places, which doesn't feel unreasonable considering thats what a SAK sports.

Then again I guess reason isn't part of the discussion. Which is why Boston has the absurdly contradictory law about knives being illegal if carried with illegal intentions.

"It is illegal to carry on your person or in a vehicle any knife with a blade longer than 2.5-inches unless it is to be used on a job “which customarily involves the carrying or use of any type of knife.” A special city license is required by most knife retailers (only department and hardware stores exempted) with a 2-inch blade length limit on knife sales to anyone under age 18."

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Ehem, guess I should be more careful then. I usually assume a non-assisted 3" blade is legal most places, which doesn't feel unreasonable considering thats what a SAK sports.

Then again I guess reason isn't part of the discussion. Which is why Boston has the absurdly contradictory law about knives being illegal if carried with illegal intentions.

"It is illegal to carry on your person or in a vehicle any knife with a blade longer than 2.5-inches unless it is to be used on a job “which customarily involves the carrying or use of any type of knife.” A special city license is required by most knife retailers (only department and hardware stores exempted) with a 2-inch blade length limit on knife sales to anyone under age 18."
You should never come to Denmark then. The knife laws are ridiculous, basically nothing is legal for daily carry.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
man you guys are starting to sound like the conceal carry gun nuts

:panic:
I use my pocket knife pretty much every day and have carried one pretty much every day since I was 18. I use it to open mail, packages, stab snitches, while fishing, cut up fruit, etc.

I'm not looking to carry a tactical automatic defense sword or anything, just a reasonably sized folding knife.