Quantcast

Why support my LBS?

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Slider said:
and to this hippy wang

"You don't like the prices ... do it yourself then. Oh wait ... you can't, your to busy meeting deadlines, raising your 2.5 kids, manicuring your lawn, whatever."

You can't buy a 3,200 dollar DH bike for your 2.5 kids to race on with pituly and beads so yes I am gonna keep workin my ass off cuz they want more than anything to be like the dude in the magazine and work there ass off all day practicing to be the next Cedric Gracia. So where would the good shops be if we're all ridding yard sale bikes for 25 bucks cuz we are all broke from laying on our backs and watching clouds for 8 hours a day. Instead of being engineers, Teachers and other jobs of value that give back to society? News Flash the "Machine" was built by Hard workers slack @ss.
Not the sharpest crayon in the box are ya?

I was essentially giving props to the labor class, saying pretty much what you just tried to say .... and somehow I'm a hippy wang. May I suggest milk in your wheaties, it does wonders for the attitude. :p

ciscofreak73

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Bremerton, WA
Wasn't talking to you Slider. But if you are feeling guilty about something we can discuss :) Now what I want you to do is read the post right above mine and stop thinking the Ridemonkey vortex revolves around a little boy from Russia....

Again, everyone acts hard on the internet, it's just the american way....

ciscofreak73

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Bremerton, WA
That was a joke ya toolbag. Good comprehension is a lost art these days. Do they have schools there in Russia? What are all these Russians doing in the PMW forum? L O L....

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
dwnhiller25 said:
It's Moscow, Idaho moron not Russia.
BAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHA?!?! DUDE I THOUGHT WE WERE IN IOWA. HEH HEHHH

As a matter of fact I do have "God Comprehension" it's where my attitude comes from

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
how about if you take your bike into the shop to get a little air in your tire. the mechanic says, "sure" and then pops your tube. then the shop refuses to replace the tube.

and you have to call someone to come get you because you rode your bike 14 or so miles to the shop?
:nuts:

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Ryan, shut up. You might have the "God Comprehension", but you're lacking in the "God Typing Skills" which makes dissecting your posts next to impossible. And you do realize that you have our team name and all of our team's sponsors in your signature, right? Take a hint from the name of that crappy PBS show: "Keeping Up Appearances."

As for the thread, all that you have to do is use the shops for their plethora of tools, and maybe ordering parts that you either can't find online, or wouldn't save more than $5 by getting online. I'm not saying that all shops should be treated like this, because there are good ones out there, but from the experiences that I've had in the bike shops here in Eastern WA, it's really Hit-or-Miss. This is why anymore, unless an emergency comes up and even Wal-Mart is out of tubes, I quietly use my eLBS, and save my hard earned money for next year's new, shiny parts.

That, or spend it on beer.

sudhamike

Chimp
Nov 26, 2003
I've had great luck and good deals from my boys at Bonney Lake Bicycle. They managed to fix problems with my Heckler that the A-holes that sold it to me couldn't, and they honor their warrenties without a bit of whining. Just a six-pack of pale ale or a nugget o'bud, and the repairs are done on time, and well. A business I'm happy to support.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
ciscofreak73 said:
I love your avatar. I am a Monster addict. I am down to two a day....
There has to be another bike shop who can set you up with some spacers. My LBS TRIED to sell me three for $30, I laughed at the Barney from Wheel World and went somewhere else, hence they are not the only bike shop in town...

ciscofreak73

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Bremerton, WA
Thats as bad as our local shop trying to get 50.00 for headset reducers LOL!!!

He decided against that and went with FSAs (which are way beefier) from Jenson for 20.00.

It's strange how these guys pull prices straight out of their asses....Half the time I think they are making up prices on the fly...

Jun 20, 2004
well all of you have good points, some people get screwed at bike shops, and some dont, even online some people get screwed online and some dont i have been running my shop for 3 years and i know i have disapointed people in the past, and made people happy as well , if a bike shop disapoints you too many times then find a new one, if they make you happy tell people about it , online shopping is a new thing that some big shops have caught on to and use as a sales tool go ride has a store front and is someones local bike shop , i run a online store out of my shop as well iuse it as a tool for my local people to know what i got in lately and also to support local ride clubs getting there ride times on the web the one thing you cant do online is touch the product so its nice to be able to walk in and put your grimmy little hands on new product, when people come in to look and they want a product from me i encourage them to tell me what they can get it for and if i can match the price i will , if i cant ill tell you its a good deal and you should get it , i appretiate the guy that challenges me to make my store more user friendly online and in the store

anyway get out there ride hard keep the rubber side up and check out my website if you end up in a cast from doing to many 360's of the box jump at whistler trailheadcycles.com

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Knobularlife said:
NAH...Your Not! Just the pussies complaining :devil: Just a bunch of worthless post...blah blah blah :monkey:
Shut it meathead... :) Hows life messing up peoples bikes and screwing them like all shops do? I think you need to move over onto pearl street so i can stop by for a visit. Meathead... classic.