Quantcast

Why the olympics may suck.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way

They could do a shopping cart race instead!!! Vancouver is one of the hot-spots!
This documentary Carts of Darkness is free, and is really good (about homeless guys who bomb hills on shopping carts for fun):
http://films.nfb.ca/carts-of-darkness/

Just fyi, probably not appropriate for work due to language. And it's an hour long. ;)
An hour of life that I'll never be able to get back. Sorry, just not my cup of tea!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
hockey is indoors so I'm not too worried (although outdoor olympic hockey would be the sh!t) in all reality it is the only winter olympic sport I really get into. I've snowboarded for 19 years and the olympics is putting way more of a jock mentality on the sport, so I don't follow the events with much interest. can't wait for this hockey tournament though, damnit I'm jealous of you 'nucks.
and yet you like Hockey?! Isn't that pretty much the "jockiest" sport in North America?!

John Jameson

Chimp
Nov 12, 2009
Right side of the Sierras
and yet you like Hockey?! Isn't that pretty much the "jockiest" sport in North America?!
yes, because it is an organized sport, with teams, and refs, and rules. Not an activity that is being misrepresented and molded into something that suburban moms can take an interest in. Good zinger though, way to focus on the most important part of my post. :thumb:

Squam_DH

Chimp
Feb 24, 2009
yes, because it is an organized sport, with teams, and refs, and rules. Not an activity that is being misrepresented and molded into something that suburban moms can take an interest in. Good zinger though, way to focus on the most important part of my post. :thumb:
100 percent agree. NO DH IN THE OLYMPICS!