Quantcast

Willingen Updates-World Cup 3

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Hello all from sunny Willingen.

It´s pissing down and I can not type for **** on this keyboard. The race site is starting to get a bit busy, weather is ghey! I'm off to hit the luge and then go back to the hotel for a swim and sauna! It's a hard life.

The "pros" are coming into town now, haven't walked the track yet but it has changed from last year, how much? I don't know.

Will walk it tomorrow and let you guys know more, for now I'm off.
One good thing about Willingen is the Snichtzel!

Tsuchh!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Yeah, I am hearing it is pissing now and has been pissing for 2 weeks straight.
Give Al Gore a call and report the weather to him.

Looking forward to your updates-we want them every hour on the hour.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sayndesyn said:
phuck Willingen. One of the worst weekends of my life there last year. Of course it was all my fault, and the damn redbull/vodka girls...

cmon.. it wasn t that bad... sure, at the time it sucked, but i look back now and laugh my ass off...

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Well, just walked the track, it is nearly the same as last year, but it is hard now unlike last years soft ****e, scary flat in spots but some good looking sections, very industrial, uber deutschland and all that.

Now for the bad bits, the lifts are gay, slow and uncovered. It snowed up-top a few hours ago. they still haven't finised the bottom section, 1 foot of soft **** and huge jumps for the sake of huge jumps, if it is dry we could be lucky, if not we are fooked!!!

The pits are getting busy now, i'm off for some Bratwurst.

Auf Wiedersein!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sayndesyn said:
Yeah I guess so :rolleyes: I don't think I felt back to normal for a week and sleeping in the car with griff the night after waking up in a hospital...

mate, you and the word 'normal' don t belong in the same sentence...

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Right Gents,
Just finished morning practice, the top section here is real good, although flat as fook, it flows well and if you get the back sides of all the landings then carrying speed is easy. Lower down the "tech" sections in the forest are real fun with loads of possibilities for some creative and crazy line choices. After a small road gap you come out into the lower field and from here it is a joke.

There is a t least a foot of muck and **** in places, and they just finished building a whole load of jumps which at the moment are 100% unclearable. From what I hear they is going to be war at the riders/team meeting tonight.

But on the plus side the sun is out and is set to stay out!

As for the fast lads this morning, Neethling and Atkinson look good, Kovarik was on his VPX/freeride Intense thing and flying. Rennie was coasting over the biggest gaps with the most ease. Barel is the boss in the tech sections, I'm gonna go up now and watch some top 80 practice. Might be good enough to bring you guys back a photo or two!

And for Stikman, I'm parked right across from Monk in GT/Mongoose pits, I can abuse him if you want!!!!

Give 'er Wavin and Rag the Beast.

Auf Widersehen.

Bernard

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
The Netherlands
luiz carlos said:
4X results......

1.Kintner
2.Miller
3.Llanes
4.Beerten

1.Graves
2.Wichman(??????)
3.Rinderknecht
4.Prokop

http://www.uci.ch
About number 2. Wichman...

Let me introduce him.

He's comming from the BMX but after some disappointing seasons on the small bike, he just picked up 4X for fun.
He's from the Netherlands and is now rding for Cannondale together iwth his Jurg Meijer (6th in willingen) and Ivo v/d Putten...

You will hear a lot more from these guys during this year...

caballero

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
good ol' europe
stiksandstones said:
one of the few mega talented in both discipline guys.
yeah and it needs more of those guys....only bmx'ers on the podium is boring ;) (prokop,rinderknecht, wichmann, meijer, nordmark, ...)

stoked for graves , because he's the number one styler !!!

the F.H.B

Monkey
Jun 2, 2006
Syd, Australia
Well qauli's over, Peat from Minnaar and Rennie.

Check out how close the times were in the pack to

AUS19831121 HANNAH Michael
AUS
CANNONDALE/THE CUT 1:26.65 2:07.39 +4.95
GBR19850226 ATHERTON Gee
GBR
TEAM ANIMAL / GIANT 1:25.12 2:07.39 +4.95
GBR19840925 BEAUMONT Marc
GBR
TEAM MBUK SANTACRUZ 1:24.94 2:07.39 +4.95
FRA19791011 PASCAL Mickael
FRA
QBIKES 1:26.37 2:07.40 +4.96
AUS19821216 GRAVES Jared
AUS
YETI FOX RACING FACTORY TEAM 1:25.89 2:07.40 +4.96

Now thats what I call close!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
RMs favorite skinsuit wearing frenchie, florent payet, just moved into second, he is the 27th rider down. Atkinson still leading by over 3 seconds. Top US rider so far is Bangert in 23, 7.3 back.