Quantcast

Wilsons This Saturday 27th

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Rob and I used to "e-fight" on the internet ALL THE TIME
This one time (circa 1999) on a Yahoo group (actually started as a "onelist".com) or something like that and what was that original forum site team something worm or something? Then although Andy might want to take "some" credit, we pretty much built the post count for the first year or so of this site

http://www.freeridesouth.com/phpbb/

Oh, the irony of you two meeting for a ride together that is a shuttle in pisgah.:clapping: :biggrin:
I think that means I win doesn't it?
:shocked::banana: :wave: :thumb: :happydance:

And yes, Rob is a black belt in Brazilian jujitsu
Not exactly, but as of Saturday I will have watched Ultimate Fight Night live on Thursday. :lighten:

Oct 9, 2006
I might come up...I have to work Friday and am supposed to go to Charleston Saturday to go out on the Yacht before it goes to the haul-out to get the bottom repainted. Dont worry its not MY yacht, its my folks
(and its kinda old)...Sometimes I wish I was rich though, well enough to buy a Session 10 for next season at Windrock.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Oh I see the old I gotta go out on my parents yacht excuse. Heard it ahhhhhhhhhh, wait I've never heard that ****ing excuse. You get your ass out there. :disgust1: 9am dirtmounds. :cheers:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I might come up...I have to work Friday and am supposed to go to Charleston Saturday to go out on the Yacht before it goes to the haul-out to get the bottom repainted. Dont worry its not MY yacht, its my folks
(and its kinda old)...Sometimes I wish I was rich though, well enough to buy a Session 10 for next season at Windrock.
Thats like saying you would want to go play Golf over riding!!!!!:disgust1:

Jun 11, 2004
Thats like saying you would want to go play Golf over riding!!!!!:disgust1:

Yeah......thats even worse than skipping out on ripping some awesome trails to teach a MTB clinic to try to hook up with chics!

Moffatt come ride! I need someone to blame my tardiness on!

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
No tardiness!! Moffatt if you are coming, get up 1/2 an hour earlier and eat your bacon. Or try some :spam: , its kinda like meat and you dont even have to cook it.

Jun 11, 2004
Demo - did you see the stuff posted on the other page? Its even got a map!
Yeah.......I know that route.

The times I go through Asheville is usually when I'm coming up alone. So I like to meet in Asheville and hop in Moffatt's van so I can spend some "quality time" in the van on the drive up!!

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I have a GPS unit for that. Took us streight there last time and saved us 30mins.:clapping:
Was that the same GPS unit that knew how to get there from the i40 exit? That was a cool tour of Morganton, we got to pass the sign for 181 north at least 3 times. :clapping: :clapping:

Oct 9, 2006
Yeah......thats even worse than skipping out on ripping some awesome trails to teach a MTB clinic to try to hook up with chics!

Riding with you smelly a**es all the time is keeping all the chicks away....see there is a conundrum to riding all the time. You guys get to go home to your wives(that you BEGGED so you could ride) after riding: stinky or not. I on the other hand have wasted my whole day riding when I could have been out chasing tail. Now I stink and cant get any girls...if I go yachting or teach a kayaking class I get to be a chick magnet with all my kayaking skills and/or captain's prowess..."another glass of chardonnay ladies?"

Oct 9, 2006
Well I guess we are in the same boat then stinky and single...maybe we can mac the ho's together on the boat, cuz as far as I know you arent a kayaker.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Nope never did no kayackin', but I am married, with children, but I guess I just have it good. :monkeydance: And I havent "mac'ed any ho's since high school".

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jeremy's been my baleout for going on 10 years now. Ryane thinks he's the slowest person to ever drive a car. I just tell her he has to drive to get espresso in the morning and take his morning "quickening" shortly thereafter. :weee:

Speak and Spell, Figure 8's, mac'in hoes, golf course, yachting...too many punchlines for 1 page. We're getting into thread infamy too quickly.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Was not using the GPS at that time. I had the GPS setup to get us to the gas station that day only.
I dunno about that.... I kinda remember you specifically blaming the GPS unit for the tour. :plthumbsdown:

So anyway, I am thinking there is gonna be snow on the ground again!

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
If we see any snow it will be at the top of Rasberry. They are still calling for temps in the 50's.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I dunno about that.... I kinda remember you specifically blaming the GPS unit for the tour. :plthumbsdown:

So anyway, I am thinking there is gonna be snow on the ground again!
I second the snow.... That was super fun last time there was snow. Lets just hope its not turned to ice. We will hate it bad if it does. I can't count how many times I drove up to NC for a ride and ICE was on the ground. Not to fun. The most fun I ever have in the snow was the time Butch and I went to Wolf right before ski season was over. The Mt. still had snow on it and the lifts were running as people were still sking. It was fun to pas skiers on our bikes that day.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Cool, I will bring an extra powerbar to eat while you Florida boys have another photo session with the Snow.:clapping:
Ha, that was rad riding through that stuff, and that bottom section of that trail was super sweet.

Ok a few things

1) It woulda been a lot faster if Cecil didn't try to bogart his camera. Its not like we ever waited for him for anything. :shocked:

Just one (I mean 30) minutes while I adjust my chainguide for the 87th time
2) it didnt take any longer then the safety break from the safety engineers.

3) this time can we stop in the actual snow? That would be cooler. :pirate2:

Don't worry I know how lame it is... I used to scoff at the folks that would run to the edge of the ocean and make giddy noises as they ran in the surf. :monkeydance: So feel free to continue with the harrasment

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Jeremy, do you want Dave and I to pick you up on the way up?

I just relized that we have to leave Greenville at 6:45 to be up there by 9am. Why are we not meeting at 10am? That sounds a little better to me!!!!