Quantcast

Windham 2010 World Course Pictures

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
no money in it/too much competition. have an occasional race 2x per season and everybody shows up, try to open for riding and you've got competition from pkill, diablo, that other place, that other place, even whiteface and jiminy. I just don't think there's enough market for them to be open all the time.

One course is much easier to maintain than an entire mountain.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
no money in it/too much competition. have an occasional race 2x per season and everybody shows up, try to open for riding and you've got competition from pkill, diablo, that other place, that other place, even whiteface and jiminy. I just don't think there's enough market for them to be open all the time.

One course is much easier to maintain than an entire mountain.
Honestly, I think they should team up with Platty and offer a weekend pass deal - one day at each mountain. I think that would draw people to the area; the prospect of being able to ride 2 mountains in one weekend without having to travel a major distance between the 2.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
that would be cool, but I find that riding at plattekill offers enough adventure in a weekend without getting played out. It's one of the most re-rideable mountains I've been to. Most places have X number of trails, platty has no set number of trails, and they're all well braided and linkable, so if you like one section but hate another, you can do that. Other places force you to ride one section even if it's super worn out or poorly maintained.

I think Windham looks fun, and I'm sure their terrain is good, especially if it's less rocky than plattekill, but I don't necessarily see any reason to stray, unless there's some HUGE advantage to windham.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that would be cool, but I find that riding at plattekill offers enough adventure in a weekend without getting played out. It's one of the most re-rideable mountains I've been to. Most places have X number of trails, platty has no set number of trails, and they're all well braided and linkable, so if you like one section but hate another, you can do that. Other places force you to ride one section even if it's super worn out or poorly maintained.

I think Windham looks fun, and I'm sure their terrain is good, especially if it's less rocky than plattekill, but I don't necessarily see any reason to stray, unless there's some HUGE advantage to windham.
I def agree with the first part, but its nice to have some variety as well.

Difference between the mountains is the lodge and amenities.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Difference between the mountains is the lodge and amenities.
were any of them open for the other races they had?
they had vendors and food stands for the EC Nationals, but the lodge was empty and the bathroom was worse than Plattys.....which i thought would be a impossible task to do