Quantcast

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
OMFGGGG HOT BLOND GURLLLLLZ!~!!! AMERICKA!

but seriously, good stuff as usual, excited to see some practice videos

And excited for neko mullaly to show everybody else why locals rock.

nicolais2000

Chimp
May 22, 2011
Does anybody know which companies are attending at the expo area? Are there any bike manufacturers like Turner or Banshee who have test bikes there?

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Y'all want high speeds but you're too busy pounding your chest to understand how all that sissy rock painting actually promotes it. Then again, you're also too new (or stupid?) to remember rocks have been painted orange at MSA, Mt. Snow, Grouse, Nevegal (go look that one up), Vail, etc since before DHers decided to take their barends off.
I remember when rocks started to get painted; there may have cause to argue that it wasn't necessary in '95, but now it seems essential.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
i'm pretty sure being a swiss company the uci measures in km/h and won't change that for some backwards hicks in 'merica :P
What's CA's market share for MTB......hmmm. But KMH/MPH doesn't really matter to me. Camera placement is what it is about. Oh and proper membership fee use.

Last edited:

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Great stuff still do not know if I should drive up for the race or not. I am getting spoiled with all this great footage.
if you're close enough to drive, go. i flew out from AZ last year and had an awesome time. although to be fair part of that was because the 4x race was killer. no 4x this year, which honestly is a lot of the reason i'm not attending.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
assuming mph being in america and im pretty sure they always calc it in mph
Definitely kph on anything UCI, regardless of where the event is.

On any speedtrap results on my site I let you toggle it to mph if you want, but UCI site and PDFs are 100% kph.

alpine slug

Monkey
Jun 10, 2011
All the armchair racers whining about orange paint have clearly never ridden a track at the pace where the paint is rather helpful for spotting lines, especially when charging into the woods from the open slopes and being blind for a second or two, or when a faint color of orange is all there is to differentiate knife edge rocks from dark mud when it rains and the mud makes every hole, root, rock, rut look identical.

Y'all want high speeds but you're too busy pounding your chest to understand how all that sissy rock painting actually promotes it. Then again, you're also too new (or stupid?) to remember rocks have been painted orange at MSA, Mt. Snow, Grouse, Nevegal (go look that one up), Vail, etc since before DHers decided to take their barends off.

Bad argument. Irrelevant points.

I'm not pounding my chest or calling you a sissy, Lee. But if you're a sissy, then you're a sissy.

Walk the track to see where the rocks and rocky sections are. Check out whether they are bedrock or rocks that can be dislodged. Plan your ride and lines accordingly.

Paint not necessary.

Depending on paint is not necessary either, though it happens, obviously.

Why not use different color paints for different heights of rock projection above the trail bed?

And even more different colors for sharpness discernment. Really sharp ones get fluoro orange, down to round ones being a dull burnt sienna.

Trees should be painted too, because GOOD LORD they might be hard to see if there's shadows in play!

Riders should undergo psychological screening to see what colors work best for them. Riders who can't distinguish colors should be penalized for not being able to follow the color grid/pattern.

Oh, and don't forget to flatten the track out completely. Maybe even make it go uphill. That would be, like, flatbill hipster ironic or something.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bad argument. Irrelevant points.

I'm not pounding my chest or calling you a sissy, Lee. But if you're a sissy, then you're a sissy.

Walk the track to see where the rocks and rocky sections are. Check out whether they are bedrock or rocks that can be dislodged. Plan your ride and lines accordingly.

Paint not necessary.

Depending on paint is not necessary either, though it happens, obviously.

Why not use different color paints for different heights of rock projection above the trail bed?

And even more different colors for sharpness discernment. Really sharp ones get fluoro orange, down to round ones being a dull burnt sienna.

Trees should be painted too, because GOOD LORD they might be hard to see if there's shadows in play!

Riders should undergo psychological screening to see what colors work best for them. Riders who can't distinguish colors should be penalized for not being able to follow the color grid/pattern.

Oh, and don't forget to flatten the track out completely. Maybe even make it go uphill. That would be, like, flatbill hipster ironic or something.:rolleyes:
Have you raced a WC? Given that you are on here tooting your horn during practice, I'd guess not. Lee however has been pro for at least five years, with a few WC's under his belt, iirc.

At the elite level, that paint is extremely useful when you are entering a section at extremely high speeds and using it to setup into your line. Try riding at elite speeds and let us know how much that paint helps prevent crashing and setting up your lines.

*edit* Looking at your posts throughout the forum, you are the troll of trolls. If you want to just sit around pissing people off, please try MTBR or Pinkbike.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttv-windham-world-cup-practice-2011.html

practice vid's up. awesome. doesn't look as easy as people have been making it out to be. I think this one's gonna make for great TV... (thanks Freecaster). the speed the riders are carrying into that road gap is unreal. I hope we don't see any crashes there.

and I gotta say, all the filming of the girls is getting kinda lame. you're grown men, not adolescents. shoot them riding or on the podium, but leave them alone when they're just hanging around. sheesh.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
and I gotta say, all the filming of the girls is getting kinda lame. you're grown men, not adolescents. shoot them riding or on the podium, but leave them alone when they're just hanging around. sheesh.
agreed! this is why i stoped watching all out's videos. I want to see people smashing the course,

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
UCI live timing doesn't seem to be doing anything? Did we get the time wrong?

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Have you raced a WC? Given that you are on here tooting your horn during practice, I'd guess not. Lee however has been pro for at least five years, with a few WC's under his belt, iirc.

At the elite level, that paint is extremely useful when you are entering a section at extremely high speeds and using it to setup into your line. Try riding at elite speeds and let us know how much that paint helps prevent crashing and setting up your lines.

*edit* Looking at your posts throughout the forum, you are the troll of trolls. If you want to just sit around pissing people off, please try MTBR or Pinkbike.
:stupid:

must spread rep

arguing with a WC rider about what WC tracks should be like is pretty ignorant...

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Gwin's a monster. i wonder how far he'd be in the lead if the rocks weren't painted?? ;)

here's to Eliot Jackson making it to the bottom on 2 wheels and putting in a good time!!

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I thought this was a short, fast and fairly simple course? Implying close times??

That guys LOVES flat-out, absolutely shredded everyone!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
2nd to 7th covered by 2 seconds, and Gwin went 6 quicker... kinda says it all really!!