Quantcast

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Interesting that "Petey" finally discovered DHF's this race......surely he would have tried them previously, didn't sound like it though from the Vital soundbites...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No, emphatically, they don't. Never thought you'd be this gullible.

I eagerly await the results of your empirical study. Can't wait to hear about controls and for the peer-reviewed paper.

This is a pet peeve of mine. We need to stop buying into woo and outright BS; American's are particularly susceptible to "supplement" marketing.
placebo effect...

Maybe there is a proven positive placebo effect :)

actually it has (only under certain circumstances; wouldn't work for things like cancer). was tested on things like depression, IBS, few other things where there is a psychological aspect to an ailment. In Stik's case, i'd be willing to bet it's placebo effect.

Here's an article in layman's terms:

http://www.wired.com/medtech/drugs/magazine/17-09/ff_placebo_effect?currentPage=all

here's one of the studies referred to in the above article (for anyone who's into reading clinical study reports):

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0015591

Last edited:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
very interested to see any pics/video of the GE race. It would be amazing if someone caught me hanging on to that last corner for dear life, that was such a great feeling when I didnt lose it coming down to the finish double.

what a phenomenal weekend!

Does windham have another year or was it only for two?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Does windham have another year or was it only for two?
contract was for 3, but with an opt-out. Based on the fact that the 2012 schedule has been announced and the US date is still TBD, I would guess they are considering exercising that option. Would be a bummer if they did, 2 of the times hosting they were supposed to have finals.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
that sicklines video was 'sick' thanks for the share. really well put together. I too enjoyed the no interviews just riding apporach as well, it's nice to have a mix of the two. There are so many guys out there who put in the time and effort to treat us with these awesome videos!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
.... In Stik's case, i'd be willing to bet it's placebo effect.

....blah blah blah, [/url]
Ever met Stik? Supplements would help him. He's not hiding the freshman 15 over his TLD belt. Even if a supplement were weakened, watered down and semi-nutrient derived, it will help aid performance.

He will not be squatting lift towers and bench pressing box jumps, but he won't degrade muscle mass and be as nutrient deficient. ;)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ever met Stik? Supplements would help him. He's not hiding the freshman 15 over his TLD belt. Even if a supplement were weakened, watered down and semi-nutrient derived, it will help aid performance.

He will not be squatting lift towers and bench pressing box jumps, but he won't degrade muscle mass and be as nutrient deficient. ;)
I wasn't talking about him personally; my comment was directed at the fact that using "recovery supplements" and the like is most likely invoking the placebo effect. So it wouldn't really matter if it was taken by someone skinny like stik or someone as out of shape as you.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
lol@suppliment talk,95% and mroe probably dont even know any or wat they do.......

rhynopower is probably some new compagny that is making a protein+creatine shake like most do now a days.

Dont be a pussy and take methyl and youll get massive,and some L-arginine+some glutamine ( for post work out muscle repair ) post work out creatine and throw in some no2 for during to get massive veins and the arginine will help too pump......

or you can quit being girls and ride harder

suppliments totaly work,if you know how to work in the gym,and eat properly and if you have platau'd.

99% of the time people dont know how to even work out properly and take tones of stuff and eat garbedge and wonder why they arent getting bigger and leaner,

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
lol@suppliment talk,95% and mroe probably dont even know any or wat they do.......

rhynopower is probably some new compagny that is making a protein+creatine shake like most do now a days.

Dont be a pussy and take methyl and youll get massive,and some L-arginine+some glutamine ( for post work out muscle repair ) post work out creatine and throw in some no2 for during to get massive veins and the arginine will help too pump......

suppliments totaly work,if you know how to work in the gym,and eat properly and if you have platau'd.

99% of the time people dont know how to even work out properly and take tones of stuff and eat garbedge and wonder why they arent getting bigger and leaner,
that's why my diet consists of booze, mcdonalds, KFC, and 'roids

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO

I take krokodil during my workouts and I can attest to its effectiveness. I may not be getting bigger but damn am I getting lean.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you're coming to nationals.

Do it for the southern BBQ. You can even go eat at Butch's BBQ right down the road, so you'll know I own you in more than one way.:thumb::thumb:
i'm actually probably going to have to pass on nationals, i'm going to be in beligum the first half of september, and possibly china in october

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

hate words, hate words, more text, bla bla bla
Read the ingredients before you spray, and I can send you a sample to see the 'placebo' effect in action, if you want.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Perhaps you'd like to map out the nutritional blueprint necessary for the body to accumulate, absorb and use the extensive and complex set of foods it would take for an aggressive athlete to maintain and improve performance.
To be honest, there's merit in what he's saying....I'll be honest, I've used supplements but I hate them. They taste like sh:t, bore me and make me gassy. The strongest I ever got was when I was just meticulous about what I was eating. It's time consuming yes, but not too bad, and I'd rather get the nutrients right front the source, not from synthetic powder....but you're right...it's a pain

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Perhaps you'd like to map out the nutritional blueprint necessary for the body to accumulate, absorb and use the extensive and complex set of foods it would take for an aggressive athlete to maintain and improve performance.
That's what i'm saying......it's really a convenience for a serious athlete.