Quantcast

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Gee boosting the box didn't look like anything was to blame in regards to his tires. Just looks like he drifted to me. He coulda slid that bike with Dunlops on it. :D

My only wish is that I wanted to see more of the upper parts of the course during race runs, especially the techy stuff.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Gee and Needles looked ridiculously fast in the section we saw them in. Gee hucked the big double right before the rock garden at the bottom but Gwin jumped it way short. Needles looked out of control he was going so fast.

edit: also it sucks to hear Jackie Harmony's Cannfield Jedi was stolen as well.

Last edited:

alpine slug

Monkey
Jun 10, 2011
Jesus, really? Rebranded, sourced-from-who-knows-where supplements and woo bracelets? How long until Gwin pops a clen or stimulant positive from ingesting this crap? The product description page alone should scare anyone capable of critical thinking away. A mouthpiece that promises better balance? Yeah, that passes the sniff test.

There are plenty of empirical studies out there showing the real effect of supplements and magic bracelets. Athletes will often focus on a few obvious, more tangible changes to account for improvements in performance, when in actuality the results can be attributed to dedication in training and confidence in ability.

Also, I puked in my mouth a little when I read this page: http://rynopower.com/story/index.php .

Also, Stik, if you think a "new low" is pointing out that Sam Hill looks a bit out of shape this season, then how should we qualify your supplement spam?
I agree with the comments above, including the "spam" labelling... except for this part.

I have an involuntary teeth-clenching gig that happens when I ski or MTB. It's so bad I've cracked teeth. My dentist suggested a special sports mouthguard just for people like me and when I started using it, I noticed that I relaxed because there's a cushioned material between my teeth and I'm not all bound up and tense -- not just my teeth, my jaw, my neck, my head. Everything. I've skied and ridden MTB without it and the tension returns.

Not exactly "better balance" but I think any athlete with body awareness can tell you the effects relaxation has on one's ability to be fluid. And fluidity yields better balance.

But I think a person would have to be a habitual teeth-clencher for this to be a half-legitimate observation I'm making.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Jesus, really? Rebranded, sourced-from-who-knows-where supplements and woo bracelets? How long until Gwin pops a clen or stimulant positive from ingesting this crap? The product description page alone should scare anyone capable of critical thinking away. A mouthpiece that promises better balance? Yeah, that passes the sniff test.

There are plenty of empirical studies out there showing the real effect of supplements and magic bracelets. Athletes will often focus on a few obvious, more tangible changes to account for improvements in performance, when in actuality the results can be attributed to dedication in training and confidence in ability.

Also, I puked in my mouth a little when I read this page: http://rynopower.com/story/index.php .

Also, Stik, if you think a "new low" is pointing out that Sam Hill looks a bit out of shape this season, then how should we qualify your supplement spam?
dont worry. homeopathic crap is so diluted its basically water. i don't think there is a real danger of testing positive for anything except for maybe gullibility. :rofl:

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Dirt post-race chit chat: http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttvwindham-world-cup-finals-mens-chit-chat.html

two things stand out: Stevie's mom driving from the west coast to watch him ride :eek:

when asked what's the secret to his success Gwin answers: "I don't know, preparation and lots of hard work". as boring as it is to watch him win week after week (where's the suspense in that?!), the guy's a class act :thumb: he also refers to "we", as in his whole team.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Can't express how proud i am of the guys... especially bubba (this being his 2nd pro race ever - first being MSA). Future looks bright for this kid!
got a few shots of your boys

came so close to eating it:

TWR member giving Leov split time updates. i asked if it was for Gwin too and he said Gwin doesnt need it :D

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Oh Ridemonkey

I don't think that new bike is working for Gee, he doesn't look himself at all. Did you see him land the final container drop? Anybody got a leverage rate graph of the new and old Commencals?
3rd in Africa, 2nd in Leogang, 4th in Scotland on a trashed wheel? Minnaar had a lousy go of it at Windham too, must be the V10.

I think the pressure of trying to match Gwinn's pace has clearly steepened their head angles and put moar shims in their dampeners than they can handle, just ask Sam's shoulder.

When I saw him getting sideways on the landing, the first thing that came to my mind was that the tires folded over, but who knows.
Welp, Kevlar bead single ply tires will do that under someone like him. We all make decisions.
Minnaar did almost the same on his wire bead, dual ply Highrollers. Blenki and Leov's wheels both deflected pretty hard. A lot of guys got out of shape on that landing. Could have had his weight in the wrong place, hit a rock in the landing, off line, wasn't riding a Turner, not enough shimz, looks like he gained weight, forgot ask RM for the best line, etc . . . . Probably a more a function of full gas to loose off-camber flat than anything else.

Unrelated, but did anyone else see McDonald get bucked by his Evil on that jump? yeah, me neither

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Go listen to the archive of the pulpmx show from a couple of weeks ago. Dyno and the other guy were both on it.

Saw stik in whistler on Friday.
Chris, sorry I was scrambling around and too busy to chat, they put my 5 yr old daughter in the DH bike camp with 8 yr old boys! And had to take her over to blackcomb for her girls camp....panic mode ;)

As for Ryno, was an unfortunate, stupid mistake on his part (the fight)...but his supplements work for me, so I don't care what he's up to in his personal life.

Party on

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
As for Ryno, was an unfortunate, stupid mistake on his part (the fight)...but his supplements work for me, so I don't care what he's up to in his personal life.
No, emphatically, they don't. Never thought you'd be this gullible.

I eagerly await the results of your empirical study. Can't wait to hear about controls and for the peer-reviewed paper.

This is a pet peeve of mine. We need to stop buying into woo and outright BS; American's are particularly susceptible to "supplement" marketing.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Chris, sorry I was scrambling around and too busy to chat, they put my 5 yr old daughter in the DH bike camp with 8 yr old boys! And had to take her over to blackcomb for her girls camp....panic mode ;)

Party on
Where you afraid she was going to show the boys up?