Quantcast

Windrock 3/27/05

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
A couple of guys are headed down to WR for the 27th so if anyone wants to shred come on down.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I'll be there. A Family reunion in DC was the same as first weekend of dhing. Windrock would have been fun, but sleeping on the bathroom floor due to relatives I haven't seen in 10 years was overdue. But, I'll be there sunday morning.

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
I had just a killer day...i was totally in my element
Well i saw herndon and Wyatt hit....
so what the hell...
I think its easier than the ride around, i'll hit it every time i ride that trail
sucks you had to leave after a couple of runs

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
mfzbike said:
so what the hell...
I think its easier than the ride around, i'll hit it every time i ride that trail

Yeah that ride around looks like death! I'm bummed I missed out on it but I'll be out there on Sunday.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
flow said:
We'll be there on the 27th. Look for a black Tacoma with Ontario plates and some slow speaking Canadians.
Awesome, an international flair.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
mfzbike said:
so what the hell...
Well, thats encouraging. I did the ride around and thought to myself that there would be no way I could do the drop if the ride around was that hard. I could barely get back under control by the second drop towards the road.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
Well, thats encouraging. I did the ride around and thought to myself that there would be no way I could do the drop if the ride around was that hard. I could barely get back under control by the second drop towards the road.

I would say that the speed you carry off that thing will be a factor. I will have to give it a go at a mild rate of speed and then adjust the tempo. Plus, it sounds like (since I wasn't there to see it) hitting from the far left would help to scrub some speed heading into the next section.

But don't listen to me I haven't even ridden the trail yet.

flow

Chimp
May 6, 2003
Vancouver
Ahh we're used to Bromont. I'm looking forward to some steep nasty rocky trail to wake us up from a winter of hibernation.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The group from Michigan has riden both Bromont and Windrock and I think they said they compare well. Plus what I have seen in Earthed of Bromont, they look similar. Bring some extra der. hangers and derailleurs. Southern Rocks trails is going to be a graveyard for those. Bloch was the first to loose one in there. :dead:

B

bigkonarider

Yesterday was off the hook !
Saw you faster riderz hit that rock drop by the road at the bottom..
Pretty much looks like you're along for the ride after that in a "both brakes ON sliding down steepness " style, it was cool .
Bought some New Hayes hydro's today--so i'll be even more ready for Next Sunday !
The DH9 is tits !!

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
I'm glad to see everyone stoked about some Windrock...
i'm so excited about the this season...and a trip to whistler this summer
progression is on my side!!!

mtbman4

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
windrock
I had a horrible day on Saturday. I ripped a hole in the leg of my shiver and destroyed a crankarm, not to metion my wrist. I have never crashed so much in my life...
If the weather is nice, Im up for shuttling everyone on Saturday. I work for beer... :)

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I have to say this and I know I'll probably get jumped for this but, when you come to Windrock bring your own shuttle.

I'm not trying to be a dick but the locals can't be responsible for shuttle service. Unless we start charging for a rides. :thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
slowseth said:
nobody camps out either, whats up with that?
I camp out in my bed, which is about 19 miles away. :D

I can't agree more with Spoke. Shuttling is crazy hard on vehicles and the locals cannot be responsible for providing them. I limit my truck to 5 (and the occupants are usually pre-arranged), after that it just gets stupid. Crankarms, pedals, and body armor hanging everywhere. Its too much to safetly keep your truck in decent shape weekend after weekend.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
mtbman4 said:
I had a horrible day on Saturday. I ripped a hole in the leg of my shiver and destroyed a crankarm, not to metion my wrist. I have never crashed so much in my life...
If the weather is nice, Im up for shuttling everyone on Saturday. I work for beer... :)
I hear ya, last year at the beginning of the season I was so gun-ho and I wrecked all the time, but this year I'm taking it easy and I'm going to pregress back up to speed. Going too hard and getting hurt is no fun when you can't ride. :( heal up man.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
I camp out in my bed, which is about 19 miles away. :D

I can't agree more with Spoke. Shuttling is crazy hard on vehicles and the locals cannot be responsible for providing them. I limit my truck to 5 (and the occupants are usually pre-arranged), after that it just gets stupid. Crankarms, pedals, and body armor hanging everywhere. Its too much to safetly keep your truck in decent shape weekend after weekend.
Exactly

B

bigkonarider

Upside-down bikes in the truckbed works great !

I'll push my **** to the top if i have to.....
or $ talks !

If i find a decent truck i'll trade the Jeep ?

slowseth

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
spoke, are you one of the terrys that i met on sunday? we just heard there was a buncha people comin up/down to windrock so we showed, we'll have a truck next time.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
slowseth said:
spoke, are you one of the terrys that i met on sunday? we just heard there was a buncha people comin up/down to windrock so we showed, we'll have a truck next time.

Nope, I was breifly driving the white tacoma. No worries homes it just gets quickly outta hand when everyone is stoked to shred.

slowseth

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
i could bring my truck next time, but i cant go cuz i got big plans for saturday night. maybe in 2 or 3 weeks.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
You're probably a good 2 and half all the way to Windrock. Yes there is a MTNx course about thirty minutes closer. Do you have your DH bike yet?