Quantcast

Windrock March 20th-21st

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Jason from Sicklines has that date circled too. I'd love to come that day. Maybe talk some of these Asheville fellas into rolling over there. Take a dip in the hot springs on the way back out...real man stuff....:p
What happens at the hot springs stays at the hot springs.:weee: Ha ha

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Everything still on for this weekend?

Milo, you still bringing your truck and trailer? I may be coming with a couple guys on Saturday and would will need a shuttle! Got gas money!

Thanks!

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Anyone going up from ATL that would have room to give me and my bike a ride back to ATL SAT. night? Ethan and I are coming up but, he has to leave from WR to go back to school in KY. More than happy to help with gas.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Damn Chuck, did you talk to Josh? Peter had to bail b/c he found out he's working saturday. I've been keeping an eye on the weather and it's been nice all week leading up to what looks like a perfect weekend up there.
I'll give Ricky Wiles a call and see if he's interested. Or better yet, call me and I'll give you his #. Wish I could ride:(

Futurist Xen

Chimp
Mar 19, 2010
Hey ya'll. I'm trying to get to Windrock from Asheville. Anyone feel like picking up an Industry Niner? (shameless name drop) I blew all my road trip-worthy car money on a downhill bike. Hollar! 828.216.0831, Jake

Thanks!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Definitely another epic Windrock day under the belt.

Thanks again to Josh for bringing his trailer and running his truck into the ground for our enjoyment.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Apparently I can't have fun without bustin my bike or myself...look forward to doing it again. Had a blast guys, thanks for an awesome day.
You have the greatest Windrock shuttle vehicle EVUH!!! What was crazy was that when your truck went down, there were 3 other diesels sitting there for back-up. To think, we could have torched 4 whole trannies and never missed a run!!!

You deserve a plaque on the wall or a merit badge. Hope you get your rig sorted out brother!!:thumb::thumb:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Thanks Josh and everyone who made this weekend a blast! Perfect everything!
Ready to get the DH season started after such a great day riding with all my
friends.

CGragtmans

Chimp
Mar 18, 2010
Asheville
I'll second these guys... Thanks again Josh, that was a sick day! That place is crazy, I was giggling my way down the hill every time. Anyone know the elevation drop from the 1/2 way point as well as the 3/4 drop point? Was trying to guess, but I have no idea.

Cheers,
Chris

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Fun stuff at Windrock. Thanks for bringing the shuttle and the good times in tow :rockout:

Two small clips (you can click view in hd), should've tighten the straps a little more on the camera but you get the idea. Wanted to show a bit more of the handlebars in the video so that's why its not pointed forward as much as we typically have it.

Hope your leg is feeling better Josh (resting on the tree there in the beginning of the vid...)

Last edited:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Fun stuff at Windrock. Thanks for bringing the shuttle and the good times in tow :rockout:

Classic shot, guys. During one shuttle up the hill, I counted 21 people and bikes in the truck. Figure an average of 180lbs per rider and 40lbs per bike, and that's 4,620 lbs, not including the weight of the trailer. Nuts!

--JP

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
It was sick to see so many people at Windrock on just a random day.
No event, no festival, just a $hitload of dhers shredding it all day.
And they were people there from all over the country there too.
Great day of riding.

And Jason from Sicklines, I have never met you in person, and did not know who you were until after we left Captain's Toms on Saturday. I wanted to thank you in person for hooking me up with those adaptors last year.:thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Someone needs to post that pic and vid in the DH forum to let the rest of the world know what they're missing.
I spent most of my time noticing bench cuts, rock armoring, hand built features and things like that than at times concentrating on my speed. I found myself riding sections going "Oh, wow...that's a lot of rock!" or "Man, can't believe they dug so much dirt off this bank!"

Panda

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Louisiana
First annual Windrock's best of Funny Crashes award. Bet I could place fairly high on that list. Bet that water was cold!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Well, I did loose a shoe during a crash on Saturday and it was tied on pretty tight to begin with. So I have no idea how it happened.