Quantcast

windrock memorial day weekend

hater951

Chimp
Mar 31, 2011
swamp
I def want to come experience the mountain moto style. panda and r planning it now. but since I now moto every weekend I wanna get as much dh as possible

hater951

Chimp
Mar 31, 2011
swamp
u guys have a good time. my son broke his arm last night and canceled my trip. profro I'm coming up there soon with my dirtbike. so for now I'm hanging in the swamp hating. kanichiwa bitches

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Either day, but we can ride moto in the morning then DH in the afternoon. Don't know what kind of trip you are looking for but we can hammer for 2 hrs then be done or we can spend all day exploring.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Forecast for Oliver Springs says 91 and sunny for sunday...better bring an EZup and stock up on keystone ice and H2o!

Also, anyone heading over friday and want to ride some trailbikes? I really want to ride my new stumpy on the campground trails but I know it won't happen once DH runs crank up on saturday and sunday. I'm thinking I'll do what I did last time and camp friday night so I can have a chill day of riding on saturday.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I have two EZups we can use to build a shanty town over in the grass under the trees. I think if it gets too hot we should take a lake break to cool off.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
doesn't look like noah and i will be able to make it this weekend doug. my car started pissing oil on the way back from atlanta this week and i don't have time to fix it :(
Slip some slick50 in there and she'll be as good as new, it cures everything!

Sucks man, I was looking forward to riding with you and see Noah shred some WR.

I finally got my carbon helmet and Alpinestars neck brace in today... Hopefully I won't be finding out how well they work together this weekend..

What time will people be riding Friday? The family and are heading out around 1 and should have camp set up by 7.

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
fyi
Don't know how long some of you will ride this evening, but if you stay at WR until 7pm and head out towards Oak Ridge you will go through a BIG Governor's Highway Safety road block on the way out. Expect 60-80 officers representing 15-20 agencies.
Plan accordingly.

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
TN 61 FTW!

I hate Oak Ridge and I avoid it like the plague. For such a small town they have some seriously bad traffic.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Are you bringing your dirt bike? We have plans to ride some Sunday morn then come back to the DH area.
Ill see if I can strap it to the side of our trailer, I dont think theres enough room with both quads on there but its worth a shot.

EDIT:

Why do I suddenly feel like the butt of a "You might be a redneck," joke?

Last edited:

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Highlights from yesterday.

Milohead yelling its a freakin rattlesnake that just struck at my tire :rant:

Buddy took a digger and separated his shoulder.

jekyll991 has mad skills...and talks to random people in the woods;)

Met Loo for the first time, and yes he is a recent graduate of the Handsome Boy Modeling School :weee:

I'm sure there is an Icehole somewhere in this bunch(Probably me:shocked:), but I can't find one yet. These WR shredders are a great bunch of people to ride with:cray:

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
You forgot about the b1tch doing donuts in the parking lot and that one of us weren't going to take that sh1t.....right Evan:rofl:

Good times yesterday and the fact I didn't come home injured made it better.

Last edited:

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Highlights from yesterday.

Milohead yelling its a freakin rattlesnake that just struck at my tire :rant:

Buddy took a digger and separated his shoulder.

jekyll991 has mad skills...and talks to random people in the woods;)

Met Loo for the first time, and yes he is a recent graduate of the Handsome Boy Modeling School :weee:

I'm sure there is an Icehole somewhere in this bunch(Probably me:shocked:), but I can't find one yet. These WR shredders are a great bunch of people to ride with:cray:
Far from mad skills my friend, I'm just good at hanging on and trying not to crash.

Had a blast riding with everyone, and definitely loved the moto-ride with Doug and Troy. I'll definitely have to drag my dirt bike back down for some more of that single track action, but I gotta give it it some TLC before it gets even more clapped out.

Nice little edit man, got any more of our moto ride to throw together? I wish I would have worn my GoPro some this weekend but I really didn't want to stick a a mount on my brand new helmet...

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
While I didn't get too many runs in, what a great weekend. These are my highlights.

-Friday I got to show the NO crew and Mulestar the campground loop and Trail 35 shuttle.
-Thanks to Mulestar for helping with fixing Drop Out and Loo, STFD, and Justin Beiber for weedeating.
-Saturday we set quite a shanty town consisting of 3 ez-ups and countless chairs
-PBR chicken and Nathan's hot dogs
-Another ER trip
-I haven't ridden DH since April so I expected nasty technique, but was pleasantly surprised
-An awful nose that my rear tire made right in front of Mulestar
-Awesome enduro moto ride with Jonathan and Troy
-Hanging at my place with really good friends drinking whiskey and moonshine

This picture sums up the weekend well. All those were just mine. We did it all.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sounds like a good plan. Remember keep the blood flowing. Fresh blood to an injured area seems like it flushes out the inflammation and always makes it feel better. Stay fit and I think you'll be back soon.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Ouch. Good luck on the recovery. My wife had that happen at Snowshoe last year. She's going to confront her nemesis and take her energy back this weekend.

woolin

Chimp
Dec 12, 2007
The trails were in perfect shape. Thanks to the trail crew. We had great time on Sunday. The crew from Louisville loved the trails and plans on coming back real soon.