Quantcast

[wing-ding]Up before the sun Thursday[/wing-ding]

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I really hope this doesn’t jinx anything but it appears the weather is finally good enough and the trails dry enough that I might get out for an actual ride tomorrow. It’s been far, far too long.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Working from the office of an agency I use. Nice with a change of scenery. My office is in a shitty part of town overlooking a parking lot. Now I am in a office with a good espresso machine and I can see the Queens backyard out the window.

Brilliant sunny fall day and I will go mountain biking later. Can't wait to be back on the bike again. See some green and inhale some dust.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi dad

went running yesterday :bad: and improved my mile time by a full minute over three miles. So that's good, if you like running. Need to pull the trigger and sign up for the tri.

Hoping it cools off a bit as we transition into the nice season to ride MTB.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Winter is done, made the winter out without having to wear long pants or a sweater at work, had no frosts this year but a really rainy winter.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Oil change on the wife's car done. Now I just need to do brakes on all our 3 cars plus tire rotations and life will be good.

Turns out I achieved a #1 ranking. At not clicking phishing emails sent by the company to test us. :D

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. taking tomorrow off. kids have off, so heading to my parents for one last weekend of swimming in their pool. wrist isn't 100%, so i won't be taking the mtb. there is a paved rail trail close to them (allegheny passage trail) that i used to ride as a kid. so i'll probably throw the cross tires on the roadie and take that. well, gonna try a road ride at lunch today to see how the wrist holds up first.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

@canadmos how are you doing today, hermano?
Good, got a better sleep last night. And only one needle so far today.

But it seems like my 4th attempt at the lumbar puncture has been scheduled tomorrow. Need to see if I can get out of here for the day...it's getting boring.
:cheers:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Wife woke me up at 12:15am because the AC wasn't working. Fuck trying to diagnose an AC problem in the middle of the night, so we opened the house up. Really hope it works today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Espresso in hand,

finished up the inflation system yesterday, waiting on amazon to bring the Anderson power poles.

trimmed back some of the nonsense in the back seat area to make more room for activities

View attachment 181338
Details on the inflation system plz. I still need to add something to my truck. Last time I had to fill a tire the compressor took 15 minutes to do a single tire and had a high temp shutdown in there.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
friggn heat wave, AC on already. Hopping on a jet to NYC on Saturday for some relief and relaxation. Ran 5k last night, running is having me feel good. Does anyone have advice for lasting longer? Muscles are fine mind is weak. Aeropress this morning, keeping myself in focus to do an iron man. Aero is everything.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Details on the inflation system plz. I still need to add something to my truck. Last time I had to fill a tire the compressor took 15 minutes to do a single tire and had a high temp shutdown in there.
I use this compressor https://overlandpros.com/product/twin-pump-compressor/

it is the newer version of the one Napa used to sell that is now discontinued. I prefer not to have a vehicle mounted compressor for a couple reasons,

1. The ARB twin is expensive and is poor performance for tires larger than 37” especially when doing all 4 simultaneously

2. If I need to use the compressor elsewhere outside of the vehicle or on the trail, I can.

3. This compressor boasts 10 CFM which is enough to run nearly any air tool as long as you find the ones that require the lowest CFM ratings. (Air hammer is the most important to me for stubborn ball joints, tie rod ends and drifting out tight bolts)

you will need to throw in a real 1/8” adapter to plumb up to an actual 1/4” fitting for the compressor air source

4F11733C-28CB-4F3A-A395-BB9FE29F8D9C.jpeg

I don’t use the 1/4 push lock poly hose and fittings since they leak and kink so easily. I prefer 3/8” hose since it flows much better and holds a significant amount of pressure for tool bursts and can withstand the 150 psi that the compressor can handle.

I have been really happy with the flexzilla hose and reusable fitting system since it can be serviced/spliced on the trail with only a Knife and two crescent wrenches. It all fits under my rear seat delete platform perfectly

0637174B-D753-494B-B8B7-B5B81A6D838C.jpeg

438F727A-8A59-47B6-A2EA-F5A9F8B7EB9B.jpeg

I also will use the industrial couplers and fittings with at least one universal coupler to fit anything on the trail. This allows me to break down the whole inflation system and tag all the hose chunks together to make a 40’ long air hose for trail fixes and blow outs, I throw in an inline air nozzle for blowing out airfilters, valve stems and cleaning areas that need fixing.

8AF417C8-36F2-4C93-B3E6-6E57D3B6F56E.jpeg

I use a short tank drain hose out of the compressor since it has a shut off that I can close the loop with when I hit my inflation pressure so all 4 tires stay the same PSI, plus it doubles as a quick connection when using tools.

D60C1B34-108B-45C3-9150-2DDC1A599DD5.jpeg

Here is the system in trail repair mode for use with air tools.

CB055AFC-33B9-475E-8987-2EFD5E8224A1.jpeg

I use the 175 amp Anderson power poles for the compressor power, I plumb it out to the front bumper so I don’t have to lift the hood for power hookup.
1662045359527.jpeg

Also the same concept with my jumper cables.

4BF5372A-FA99-4CC9-BDE5-BBC6F8102C12.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I use this compressor https://overlandpros.com/product/twin-pump-compressor/

it is the newer version of the one Napa used to sell that is now discontinued. I prefer not to have a vehicle mounted compressor for a couple reasons,

1. The ARB twin is expensive and is poor performance for tires larger than 37” especially when doing all 4 simultaneously

2. If I need to use the compressor elsewhere outside of the vehicle or on the trail, I can.

3. This compressor boasts 10 CFM which is enough to run nearly any air tool as long as you find the ones that require the lowest CFM ratings. (Air hammer is the most important to me for stubborn ball joints, tie rod ends and drifting out tight bolts)

you will need to throw in a real 1/8” adapter to plumb up to an actual 1/4” fitting for the compressor air source

View attachment 181346

I don’t use the 1/4 push lock hose and fittings since they leak and kink so easily. I prefer 3/8” hose since it flows much better and holds a significant amount of pressure for tool bursts and can withstand the 150 psi that the compressor can handle.

I have been really happy with the flexzilla hose and reusable fitting system since it can be serviced/spliced on the trail with only a Knife and two crescent wrenches. It all fits under my rear seat delete platform perfectly

View attachment 181348

View attachment 181349

I also will use the industrial couplers and fittings with at least one universal coupler to fit anything on the trail. This allows me to break down the whole inflation system and tag all the hose chunks together to make a 40’ long air hose for trail fixes and blow outs, I throw in an inline air nozzle for blowing out airfilters, valve stems and cleaning areas that need fixing.

View attachment 181350

I use a short tank drain hose out of the compressor since it has a shut off that I can close the loop with when I hit my inflation pressure so all 4 tires stay the same PSI, plus it doubles as a quick connection when using tools.

View attachment 181352

Here is the system in trail repair mode for use with air tools.

View attachment 181355

I use the 175 amp Anderson power poles for the compressor power, I plumb it out to the front bumper so I don’t have to lift the hood for power hookup.
View attachment 181357

Also the same concept with my jumper cables.

View attachment 181356
Thank you sir! Valuable info indeed.

Always had it in the back of my head that it would be nice to have an onboard air system with in-cab controls for my rear bags, plus quick connect fittings in each wheel well for inflation. That of course is much monies that I don't have. Your system is much more reasonable.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Thank you sir! Valuable info indeed.

Always had it in the back of my head that it would be nice to have an onboard air system with in-cab controls for my rear bags, plus quick connect fittings in each wheel well for inflation. That of course is much monies that I don't have. Your system is much more reasonable.
I already have a airlift compressor with the wireless one control kit for my airbags and leave it alone since it is way underpowered for tire inflation but I do have a industrial coupler tied into the airbag system in case my portable dies I can at least get tires inflated to asphalt pressures to get to town.

DAE22D3A-2155-4501-A42A-F5B31FE5B821.jpeg

having beadlocks poses different challenges since you can’t run at asphalt speeds with low pressures

my system will inflate all four of my 40x13.50x17 maxxis razr MT’s from 5 psi to 25 psi in under 6 minutes

Attachments

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What, no new karting stories?!
7am global "touchpoint" meetings are le suq
is this about pulling/not pulling a Toobin?

/me sent elder kids off to walk to their bus stop this morning, drove kid 3 to preschool, and washed the Land Cruiser this morning. Add a bit of borrowed flugelhorn practice in there and I feel like my day’s already been productive enough.

oh, I guess I have to work from 4-10 pm today. Meh. I suppose I have to work sometime.

B785E988-D156-4633-89BA-446E49265353.jpeg
F6A0453B-F773-4B49-8D95-BBC68C6B5B8E.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Now doc says maybe I can get the puncture done this afternoon, but maybe not. More waiting around.. as much as it sucks getting stabbed, let's just get it over with.

I want to ride tomorrow and enjoy the long weekend.

I'm also hangry. Breakfast this morning consisted of watery coffee, a spoon sized tea biscuit and a boiled egg. I passed on the cereal.