Quantcast

(wing) GMT (ding)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So the first hour+ is spent on "how to request the software you need" that everyone should have done a week or more ago. But it seems not everyone knows how to RTFM. Off to a good start, I need a mobile shed and wireless headset.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Crazy day at work yesterday meant no lunch, and then no time to eat before my after work ride. Chips and a slurpee are not the best fuel, so I added a banana for real nutrition.

It was 27 deg C here yesterday, and I’m on kid duty all weekend as the Mrs works all weekend, so there was no way I wasn’t going for a ride.

Conditions were like mid-summer. Dry and dusty in a lot of spots and it made the techy climbs tricky. Enough so that I managed to crash on the way up (doy) and smack my knee on a rock in the process. Strange my knee pads didn’t help down around my ankles... (double doy).

Quite a nice goose egg on the knee this am is making for some ginger walking...

Motivation is LOW.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Crazy day at work yesterday meant no lunch, and then no time to eat before my after work ride. Chips and a slurpee are not the best fuel, so I added a banana for real nutrition.

It was 27 deg C here yesterday, and I’m on kid duty all weekend as the Mrs works all weekend, so there was no way I wasn’t going for a ride.

Conditions were like mid-summer. Dry and dusty in a lot of spots and it made the techy climbs tricky. Enough so that I managed to crash on the way up (doy) and smack my knee on a rock in the process. Strange my knee pads didn’t help down around my ankles... (double doy).

Quite a nice goose egg on the knee this am is making for some ginger walking...

Motivation is LOW.
This is why I wear pads on rocky trails and solo backcountry epics. Too damn old for anymore holes in my knees or broken bits.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Today's training has been cut short after I showed them what I had built this week. They (the automation team) has been talking about a standard, but haven't come up with it yet. So I built a framework based on a logical naming convention that they are now reviewing and will likely become the new standard. :rofl:

<edit> I can't wait for them to train me on the new coding standard they came up with next week.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Just spent lunch long boarding around the office park. I actually prolly smell like of you assume I do rn :D:cupidarrow:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
after smashing my knee between my handlebar, top tube, and the ground last year i swore i'd get knee pads for trail riding. still hasn't happened.
I always wear them for the descent. To help keep cool, I often wear them around my ankles on the way up. They're remarkably less effective when not on the knees.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
after smashing my knee between my handlebar, top tube, and the ground last year i swore i'd get knee pads for trail riding. still hasn't happened.
Wore the 661 Kyle Straights until they wouldn't stay up anymore. Replaced them with 7iDP Flex with a handy plastic cup. There is wee bit of chafing until they're broken in, but I'll take it over the aftermath of knee punching rocks.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is the longest hour in the history of time. Code review scheduled for Monday and training moved to Wednesday. :drag:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I got called into work to cover for someone who apparently has a GI illness. Lovely. I hope there is no fecal material on this computer here