brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
However I wish the lift was faster.

Option A:
Buy a Nomad....pedal up...drop the seat....then do your race run:biggrin:

Option B:
Become governor of The GREAT STATE of MARYLAND, and change the law that states how fast the lift runs in the summer......

DK
C
F,Md.
Option C:
use the highspeed detachable lift. if it detaches they can run it faster and aren't governed by the "slow moving" rules!

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
It wouldn't piss me off so much if the lift staff demonstrated some haste when loading bikes. The combination of a slow lift, long lines, and empty cars going up the mountain really pissed me off.

There should be a hook on every chair or you should ride up with your damn bike like every other mountain in the world.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Yeah, the lift sucks but that is all part of the Wisp experience. Doubt that they will ever make much an effort to change it.

On a sidenote, that road gap is awesome. I cleared it and the rush after it was awesome. It definately takes some balls though. I'll be posting pics as soon as I get them.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Negative. He hurt this shoulder earlier in the morning riding the undone dual course and wondered what it would be like to tackle one of the tables. He wasn't feeling it when he got up there. Its a lot higher when you roll up to it.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Good news! Feedback from the event was great! Trailwork will continue all summer. Met with the top dogs at the resort and word is, hooks will be added to every chair and the lift should be sped up for race weekends. Combine that with bike shuttles and access should no longer be a concern. FYI Wisp does not have any detachable chairlifts.

Dual trck is now complete - The best in the country - AGAIN!

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Props to Justin and company for putting in all the work on the DS trail on Saturday and Sunday.

A little portion of stuff that we shot during the weekend. There will be more to come. Still working on getting the road gap video in.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Props to Justin and company for putting in all the work on the DS trail on Saturday and Sunday.

A little portion of stuff that we shot during the weekend. There will be more to come. Still working on getting the road gap video in.
Even if some folk have issues with the road team, we're still the best.

However, the claim of "the best DS in the country" might be reaching a bit...

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Great work on the trails over the winter for sure. Everything was fast and flowy as usual, and the new stunts (those that I had the balls to hit) were smooth like butter.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Mike,

When will the results be posted online? I know what my time was, but I wanted to see how some other people did. Also know if Nick plans on posting the pics he took that day?

Delmar

MarsB

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Morgantown WV
Good news! Feedback from the event was great! Trailwork will continue all summer. Met with the top dogs at the resort and word is, hooks will be added to every chair and the lift should be sped up for race weekends. Combine that with bike shuttles and access should no longer be a concern. FYI Wisp does not have any detachable chairlifts.

Dual trck is now complete - The best in the country - AGAIN!
That bears repeating.

And the dual track was looking very promising on Sunday; can't wait to check out the final product this weekend! Great work all around, Mike, Justin, Malakai, etc...!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I didn't make it up this past weekend(though my bud Mike did on his SC Nomad) but the aforementioned Bumble Bee Campground RULES. I've camped there twice now while hitting up Wisp and the tent camping has never been too crowded or expensive...which makes for a pleasant private property party atmosphere devoid of Da Man. Besides being able to respectfully raise Hell, they've got (gulp) actual warm showers and clean shi++ers. Whodathunkit?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I guess some of the lads prerode what was done of the dual last weekend. They were impressed until Iced Coffay ate the ground. Then they were more impressed!

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
in case you haven't been by the racers edge website today...
my pictures are up. check em out...

http://racersedgeonline.com

there's a link to more. snag em if you want, just please leave the copyright info on them. thanks.

nick
:cheers:
As always your photos rock, and Team Fat Kids appreciates it.

Up on our myspace, on the way to our website.

Many, many thanks from the Fat Kids.