Quantcast

Wisp Race

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Who's going to Wisp this weekend for the race? The Wisp Hotel has a sweet "Racer Special". Course looks good too.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
looks like i'll be joining y'all for the dh tomorrow. my awesome wife has volunteered to watch the newborn AND the 2 year old while daddy goes racing!

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
I want pictures of me going through the last 3 jumps with caution tape and a race gate rapped around me b/c it was too close on that step up. Lol I didnt even know I was draging the gate.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I hope that guy is alright, but yeah Wisp bull dozed that jump almost immediately after the race was over. My chain broke right before the first jump during my race run. When I got to the bottom I went to the car and threw a chain on and went back up for another try at "race pace". Came down the race course again and when I got to the bottom and saw the dozers taking it out.

#195 if anybody has pics

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I want pictures of me going through the last 3 jumps with caution tape and a race gate rapped around me b/c it was too close on that step up. Lol I didnt even know I was draging the gate.
haha that was you ? good times man, you still cleared all of those even with that extra weight dragging with you.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Didn't see it myself but I hear tell the dude came up short and executed a textbook lawn dart on the finish line double. They announced at awards that he had feeling/movement in all the extremities but the obvious concern was a broken neck so they took the necessary precautions. That's all I've heard.

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
Didn't see it myself but I hear tell the dude came up short and executed a textbook lawn dart on the finish line double. They announced at awards that he had feeling/movement in all the extremities but the obvious concern was a broken neck so they took the necessary precautions. That's all I've heard.
Wow, hopefully he has a full recovery.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Ditttoooooo I'm in need of some pix of #120.

Any word on the dude that got bucked on the finish line jump?
Results and pics will be posted ASAP. As for Jack, he suffered two fractured virtebretes in his neck and several more fractures throughout his back. As far as I know, he is expected to make a full recovery but only time will tell. In the meantime, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks to everyone who attended!

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
My wife said it looked like he tried to roll the first part of the double, but hit it with too much speed and front wheel cased the lander. She said it was a pretty scary scene, and it took the medics a long while to get there. We both wish the guy the best!

Results and pics will be posted ASAP. As for Jack, he suffered two fractured virtebretes in his neck and several more fractures throughout his back. As far as I know, he is expected to make a full recovery but only time will tell. In the meantime, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks to everyone who attended!

Yeah that was an insane crash...that poor guy and the women who went and moved him (hello, we do not move people with possbile neck and/or spinal injury). poor poor guy. AND what I thought was really sad...this poor kid (Jack) was laying on the side of the race course in agony, the crowd is silent, and then this women gets up to cheer for someone and is the only person in the crowd actually cheering while everyone else is holding their breathe for the rider down. shallow shallow people. Get better soon mister Jack.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
in my recollection, jack stood up of his own accord ... consuela (sp?) was trying to get him to lay back down and keep his helmet on. definitely a sickening crash, i hate to see that kind of stuff. glad to hear he's got full movement though. lots of back injuries going around as of late.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
I spoke to Consuelo last night and Jack is expected to make a full recovery - Amen. If fact he may be going home as early as today.Thank you everyone for your concern

Jul 13, 2006
Baltimore County
That was halarious!:weee: I'm planning on making an animation of it!

I hope to have pictures from Sunday done today at some point. Pictures from Saturday are ready for your viewing pleasure. Just like last race, feel free to snag and use any of them... all I ask is you leave the copyright notice intact so people know who shot them. Enjoy...

http://www.nicholasmcintosh.com/92907

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
That was halarious!:weee: I'm planning on making an animation of it!

I hope to have pictures from Sunday done today at some point. Pictures from Saturday are ready for your viewing pleasure. Just like last race, feel free to snag and use any of them... all I ask is you leave the copyright notice intact so people know who shot them. Enjoy...

http://www.nicholasmcintosh.com/92907
I think you got everybody else on my team but me. :clapping:

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
i love dmack.

I also like how the only pictures of myself are right at the beginning. Thats cus I hit that damn tree just past that berm I'm shown in shanking my ank and ripping a huge chunk out of the tree.

Yes, I was that guy.