Quantcast

With this thread I RM Wed<<<

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What kind of bullshit design deliberately logs critical Windows system errors...thanks Obama.

Spend ages trying to fix these being logged across multiple new servers, some of which require fucking around with the registry on said brand new installed systems to try and resolve.

Then discover the "critical" errors can be ignored because it's by design and they're not critical really...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What kind of bullshit design deliberately logs critical Windows system errors...thanks Obama.

Spend ages trying to fix these being logged across multiple new servers, some of which require fucking around with the registry on said brand new installed systems to try and resolve.

Then discover the "critical" errors can be ignored because it's by design and they're not critical really...

Dcom? :twitch:

We built our master thesis project using dcom in 1998-9. The only alternative was CORBA then. How the fcuk is it still alive? :confused:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
New Hiking Boots arrived. ASOLO Fugitive GTX. Did a 1 hour break-in walk around the house. Even though they were 13 Wide they felt a hair tight on the right foot. length was spot on. At 30 minutes they started to mold to my foot. After an hour I am really getting comfortable in the boot. I will keep them on until I crash out tonight. I will see how they feel tomorrow. At $300 I am going to make damn sure I love em before going outside with them.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
New Hiking Boots arrived. ASOLO Fugitive GTX. Did a 1 hour break-in walk around the house. Even though they were 13 Wide they felt a hair tight on the right foot. length was spot on. At 30 minutes they started to mold to my foot. After an hour I am really getting comfortable in the boot. I will keep them on until I crash out tonight. I will see how they feel tomorrow. At $300 I am going to make damn sure I love em before going outside with them.

Have you ever tried hiking in trail runners ?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stumbled into amex presale for nick cave tickets at the grand ole opry...good thing i did not cut up the amex card...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I thought it is now consensus that the leading spokes are laced with the heads pointing towards the inside? :confused:

Yeah, it pretty much is. I haven't done it for 15 years, though, and I fucked it up...

The other consensus is that it doesn't really matter all that much, especially on a front wheel, from the little I have read on it. It's not receiving pedaling torque, so I am not gonna bother to re-lace it. (Yes, it has a disc brake, but lacing direction simply doesn't matter that much.)

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Yeah, it pretty much is. I haven't done it for 15 years, though, and I fucked it up...

The other consensus is that it doesn't really matter all that much, especially on a front wheel, from the little I have read on it. It's not receiving pedaling torque, so I am not gonna bother to re-lace it. (Yes, it has a disc brake, but lacing direction simply doesn't matter that much.)
Are you kidding? 26" wheel, laced the wrong way....why do you not put a carbon bar on the bike while you are at it? :D ;)

No, I do not think it matters much. But brake forces are generally higher than pedaling torque (might not hold true for e-moppeds) I was told by a wheel builder who even builds rear wheels to accommodate braking instead of pedaling torque.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

You can get a good ski boot fitter to do some light mods/widening.