Quantcast

Wolfridge Pictures

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
I think the course will have houses on it real soon. The course looked like it was cut through plots. So my guess would be no, it is not open to the general public.
They are lots. If you go to the real estate site for Wolf Ridge that entire upper section of the course is numbered house lots for sale.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
The master plan for that side of the mountain was on a big printout just inside the lodge next to the toilets. Just about anything on that side that you didn't see sowed in slope grass...was a lot.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
yay so the uphill dirt jumps were on a lot. o well i guess i can survive! the course was sick though so I hope it stays open.The lots they are selling seem to be pretty spendy. butch you have 6999 posts.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
any slidy or sketchy ones? those will be worth 5 dollars extra!
I remember one where dude's front wheel was a little crossed up in the soft stuff, but that was about it. I'm still trying to break the habit of lowering the camera and watching riders go down. I'm not sure why i do it, maybe its to get a better view of the carnage...
:imstupid:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
. I'm still trying to break the habit of lowering the camera and watching riders go down. I'm not sure why i do it, maybe its to get a better view of the carnage...
:imstupid:

No, that actually is a good practice. Otherwise this might happen. I was clocked by a flying bike while I was taking some shots.

meatboot

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Chapel Hell
This pic kind of bums me out. I wish Steve and I could have stayed around for the awards. Anyhow, good times. The course got better and better as it was ridden in and by race time it was a blast. Looking forward to another race up there.
I was worth it thou, right?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Talked to Ryan today and he wants to try to put another race on up there in Oct. He will be having a few work days before the race. So for those that didn't get to race there last weekend will get a chance to then. Now if only my new frame would just come in!!!! O'Well I can always race the small bike....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
You'd probably do just as well on the small bike on that course anyway.
Heh...don't count on it. Once a course gets bedded in and rained on...it becomes a whole new animal.

But I'd be all about some digging and building actual berms and shoreing up a few sections....and maybe cutting out 1 tree in a certain "dejavu" turn ...
:brows:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Talked to Ryan today and he wants to try to put another race on up there in Oct. He will be having a few work days before the race. So for those that didn't get to race there last weekend will get a chance to then. Now if only my new frame would just come in!!!! O'Well I can always race the small bike....

sweet! if the schwag is going to be as good at the oct race i'm going to be busting some kneecaps in the am intro class ;) i was going to beat up steven and take that fork/h-bar/stem combo but i figured that since he's on my team i better not....it might make for some bad team relations in the future :twitch:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
so no one else wants go destroy the uphill dj and bench the off camber a little b fo the hip? :)

i see you hit the step down butch!! its mine next race.
nope. I didn't actually. Decided that it wasn't worth it that day without my upper body armor and the zipper was exploded. Actually went back to the car to try to get it back together for a go at it...but couldn't get it to work until my wife, the zipper wiz, got it to work.:disgust1:

I'll admit though...I was chicken...

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I have the rest of the DH photos up. I ended up with close eighty images from the DH course.
Check’em out ---> gallery

couple of the lady racers...

I’ll have the Dual Slalom images up soon.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
WOW! What did you do to the photo to give my bike that "polished" and clean look? That's a cool effect. It looks like me, my clothes and my bike just came out of the brushless wax?
[/QUOTE]
My flash was a little closer in that shot than most others, so that combined with bumping up the contrast post process led to that [I]effect[/I].