Quantcast

Wolfridge Workday 8-11

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
For anyone interested, there is a workday Sat 11th on the DS and DH courses. Meet at the Exxon off of I-26 exit 3 @ 10:00 am. Work followed by shuttles and DS runs. PM for more info.

DH course is shaping up nicely, just needs some shoveling here and there and some riding!

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
I'd love to come out and help, but i tore my quad in a kickball game (yes kickball, shut up i'm on a league) I'm resting hoping to be back on the bike in time for the 18th

haulin'oates

Chimp
Nov 27, 2006
western wake county...
Originally Posted by Murphy's Law
I'd love to come out and help, but i tore my quad in a kickball game (yes kickball, shut up i'm on a league) I'm resting hoping to be back on the bike in time for the 18th

did you mean pull it? even then 18th might be a stretch, if you TORE it, you'll be out for a lot longer than 2 weeks...

Holy Crap

A friend and I are confused about the schedule for the race on the 18th.
Is the Ds on sat and the Dh on Sun? The flyer that Cecil posted is a bit confusing. The flyer says DS on Sat and DH practice on Sat also. It doesn't really say when the DH is. Is the DH on Sunday, or are both races on Sat?
Also - the link for lodging seems to be busted. Could I get some info on that too?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
ds and dh are both on saturday. practice for dh is from 8-9:30 and the race for dh starts at 10. there is also a practice on friday from 8-6 that night, or well that is my interpritation of it.

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
DH practice fri 17th 12 -6 pm. that is 6 hrs of practice the day before the race.

1.5 hrs of practice the morning of the race for dh. 8:30-9 am.race starts at 10. we'll race, and then slalom practice will start.

please register on active.com

any more questions? are you/anyone coming to the workday?

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
Yes, there will be the world's fastest shuttle for the fri practice and saturday race. You will be able to get tons of runs in, and on a fresh course. Will be fun on a big bike- slack geometry will help in the woods, but fast on a smaller bike as well.

I'd go with a full-on DH machine because the woods will get real choppped up and there are some wide open fast sections.

The course is fast and fun, rode it all weekend. Best dirt anywhere I have ever ridden!

I'll have pics up in the next couple of days.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
... Best dirt anywhere I have ever ridden!

I'll have pics up in the next couple of days.
And now you know why we were inspired to cut trail after trail on the other side. Get the trees out and just moto the loam.

:cupidarrow:

Oh...and nomad...what am I chiming in about? Other than...everybody get your ass up there and DIG!!!!! :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
dangit...i'm working saturday and i should probably take it easy on my shoulder for another weekend. can't wait for the race though!

if for some reason my shoulder is still wrecked that weekend, i'd be glad to lend a hand as a course marshall or something. i'll let you know a few days in advance whether or not i'll be racing.

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
Everyone who helped today is awesome! The course combines sections of "out west" type loose wide open sections, a good size step down, some nice and tight singletrack and about 25 seconds of real fast ski slope. Nice, very nice indeed.

The last woods section before the finish is full of jumps and berms, off camber and enough corners to either keep your momentum- or cuss my design!

We got in several runs and it got better and better and .....

We all need to dig deep and bring friends and family and invite other riders to show the resort that the biking community is strong and that our sport is a viable revenue stream for them.

And again, the course would not be what it is without everyone's help- thanks.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
sorry i missed it. i unfortunatly had to work my second job and well couldnt get away to get out there. ohh and bizutch i want you to chime in to see if you were going, or not.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Here is the trail crew for Saturday...

Step down. Ryan is at the take off and the bobcat is sitting at the top of the lander. The second pic shows Matt Adams standing on the flat and again, the bobcat is on the top of the transition.

Let the e-speculation about whether or not it is doable begin.

mbrp07

Chimp
Jul 27, 2006
I hope I can muster the courage to huck it by friday. I think it is like 15 down and 25 feet out. Profro- you gonna do it?