Quantcast

World Championships 2007

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
My props goes out to Barel... What a ride!! Hey, he was back to back world champ too!!

But Hill owned 2007: nothing more to be said!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
he broke his foot 4 weeks ago at whistler

places 2nd only +.64 incredible

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
haha sam hill! yea i dont ride in the wet, so i just ride it likes its dry and it works for me.

and yea i held back in qualifing, i had some sneekier lines i didnt want people seein and everyones filming and taking pictures of qualies so i saved it for the race today and it worked out for me, haha!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
goodnight america, good to have you onboard.
I'm off to do some more cleaning and organising my chalet...
later.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
That was pretty good coverage! Too bad it wasn't on real TV over here.
too bad it wasn't available AT ALL over here in the US. look for a post of mine about boycotting various sponsors of that crappy WCSN website shortly. also thinking about contacting the UCI to a) voice my displeasure at their unconscionable decision to give WCSN sole coverage in the US, and b) inquire as to what it would cost to buy those specific rights. wonder if freecaster/cycling.tv/etc have any info on how much the rights would be to add on the US to their coverage...

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
MTB Cut is officially one of he best websites. I only wish I could have figured out the proxy junk before Sam Hill's run. Oh well, at least I got to see like the top 30 or so. My heart almost jumped out of my chest on Barel's run. SO CLOSE... Big props to Luke Strobel for finishing 20th with a crash. Not Bad!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Hill in first by 8 seconds.

Still can't believe how skinny he is . . . no idea where he generates any power.

BTW, nice stubby visor there, Sammy. :)
He doesn't generate a lot of power, but his dw-link doesn't waste much.. :) heh

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
too bad it wasn't available AT ALL over here in the US. look for a post of mine about boycotting various sponsors of that crappy WCSN website shortly. also thinking about contacting the UCI to a) voice my displeasure at their unconscionable decision to give WCSN sole coverage in the US, and b) inquire as to what it would cost to buy those specific rights. wonder if freecaster/cycling.tv/etc have any info on how much the rights would be to add on the US to their coverage...
I watched the live feed on mtbcut and I'm in the US. I just had to use a german proxy. I can deal with using a proxy for a few hours every year to watch the races. Although I agree that the lack of legal (?) US coverage is lame.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I watched the live feed on mtbcut and I'm in the US. I just had to use a german proxy. I can deal with using a proxy for a few hours every year to watch the races. Although I agree that the lack of legal (?) US coverage is lame.
for some reason I got nothin' on any of the proxies I tried. tried connecting to everything I could find for 2 hours and finally gave up.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Did you guys see how pissed off Graves was after his crash? It looked like he pulled off the course to get mad at himself. What a horrible weekend for him...

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
for some reason I got nothin' on any of the proxies I tried. tried connecting to everything I could find for 2 hours and finally gave up.

had the same problem while following all the directions given by various people here, then realized i still had the "auto-detect proxy settings" box checked as well. fixed that and was good to go:banana:

tree hugger

Monkey
Jul 18, 2007
curious what the crowds reaction was to Barel's finish...were they pulling for him or are they largely a pro- Sam Hill crowd?

roastbeefer

Chimp
Aug 30, 2006
I really enjoyed watching live downhill on a big screen tv for a change. Best moment for me was Hill being in attack mode and the camera catching him tearing up one of the berms - He didn't even use the berm! Watching Fabien at the split was nail biting stuff.
Imo fort bill is all about the top half of the track. The bottom is all fast stuff anyway, so it's hard to milk any more time out of it.
I thought the dude that crashed and ended up finishing his run with his arse on display was classic!