Quantcast

World Champs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
I'm just jumping into this thread, so hope this hasn't been covered, but...

Is there any incentive at the World Champs to qualify fastest? (Talking DH now.) Or will we see potential sandbagging in the seeding runs? Any qualifying points are useless for a one race event, right?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm just jumping into this thread, so hope this hasn't been covered, but...

Is there any incentive at the World Champs to qualify fastest? (Talking DH now.) Or will we see potential sandbagging in the seeding runs? Any qualifying points are useless for a one race event, right?
There is no seeding run or qualifying run at worlds this year. The running order will be UCI overall ranking.

Kathy Sessler talks about it a bit here: http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/videos/dirttvworlds-timed-practise-chit-chat/dirt-1235680.html

Fakewade

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
Back in Scotland
Check back a few pages, there's no qualifying this year. Start times are based on UCI World rankings. Start list is up on Dirtmag.co.uk

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Huh. I thought everyone hated 4x.

With all of the 4x related posts and freecaster-disappointed posters you would think this is the marquee event of the week. I guess because it's just the worlds.?

And who is this Blake guy from the US that made the small final?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
With all of the 4x related posts and freecaster-disappointed posters you would think this is the marquee event of the week.
just keeping the mob entertained till the big event. if this happens during the dh, anarchy will surely ensue & cities will burn.

it's going to be an epic event for sure. stoked!

dublindh

Chimp
Jun 22, 2008
for everyone giving out about freecaster as usual it is not entirely their fault.
theyre service comes from a seperate provider...therefore they do not have control over theyre reliability....
id like to see another company or organisation or whatever they are provide a live feed across the world ... for free

people arent that quick to start applauding freecaster once they have watched the last round of the world cup from their computers on the other side of the world..... so dont come running in to give out and talk them down

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
for everyone giving out about freecaster as usual it is not entirely their fault.
theyre service comes from a seperate provider...therefore they do not have control over theyre reliability....
id like to see another company or organisation or whatever they are provide a live feed across the world ... for free

people arent that quick to start applauding freecaster once they have watched the last round of the world cup from their computers on the other side of the world..... so dont come running in to give out and talk them down
Really?? I've read an absolute shed load of posts congratulating freecaster when they get it right, it goes both ways!

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Coverage has been unreal! Thanks to all.

So the DH finals are Saturday night @ 10pm mountain time USA?

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Anyone, maybe even my little buddy Fraser, know why Samuel Hill has some Factory Connection stickers on his lid? Are they tuning his boxxers? Or is he just a big fan of Justin Barcia and K-Dub?

I seem to remember in '08 that Monster team was "sponsored" in some way by Yamaha of Troy...Has Sam had enough of his boggy Yam and jumped shipped to the big red machines? haha Keepin in line with the Big S!???!

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
Anyone, maybe even my little buddy Fraser, know why Samuel Hill has some Factory Connection stickers on his lid? Are they tuning his boxxers? Or is he just a big fan of Justin Barcia and K-Dub?

I seem to remember in '08 that Monster team was "sponsored" in some way by Yamaha of Troy...Has Sam had enough of his boggy Yam and jumped shipped to the big red machines? haha Keepin in line with the Big S!???!
I was wondering the same thing. He does ride moto in the off season.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006

I like how there was a 10 minute segment at the end of Tipping Point of him trying to kickstart that silly 4 stroke.

I wouldn't bag on the Yammi's too much though. If I were going to get a Jap bike it'd be a YZ250 '06-'08 or an '09 YZ450 if I ever got some fairy 4 stroke.

v6 4.3

Monkey
Jan 22, 2005
RUF, I think freecaster is better than nothing... Plus, it is true, you can have everyhting ready and the internet can spoil it. cameras will always work, interenet is realy the only factor. ITs TONS of bandwith dumping into the website at the same time thoousands of people are trying to watch.

One more reason why Freecaster should not have a multi year contract. I am getting sick of saying it over and over. Don't blame it on their internet or give me the same excuse over and over again, it is pathetic.
They have been there for over a week and they can even test out their connection and streaming capabilities during timed runs. They don't need a commentator just video.

Freecaster is a waste of time.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I like how there was a 10 minute segment at the end of Tipping Point of him trying to kickstart that silly 4 stroke.

I wouldn't bag on the Yammi's too much though. If I were going to get a Jap bike it'd be a YZ250 '06-'08 or an '09 YZ450 if I ever got some fairy 4 stroke.
HAHAH....

All you my man 3rd gear all the way around Glenn helen!

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Ah sick!
waking up and watching this, error free, smooth stream, feels like LIVE to me.
Exactly!

I just got a chance to watch this. God bless him, my husband took the baby with him to Home Depot so I could watch the finals without her tugging at me to play.

Tears! Tears in my eyes, and down my face watching Graves in that final race! If I were him I would have slept in the jersey and put the medal on the nightstand beside the bed, so if I woke up in the middle of the night I could pet the medal.
Tremendous.

And Anneke... I ache for her. It's so heartbreaking when your hopes are so high, you've worked so hard, you're doing so well, and then it all crumbles away in an instant. But such is racing, especially 4x. She will undoubtedly have another chance to fight for the gold.

Great coverage. Can't wait for the DH race!

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA

I have an 07 yz250f for training. the bike is awesome! awesome cross-training to get comfortable hauling at speed and breaking traction.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Hey gets a hookup from them back home in Aus.

Status
Not open for further replies.