World Champs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
that shows a paper number plate, not a solid board like plate the uci give out
Aye, was a cheap nasty plate at that race, I'll give you that. Normally pretty thick though, as thick as the WC plates that I've seen IIRC.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
meant to rain here in Canberra tonight... certainly cold as well (-2 C last night).

Lot's of XC riders rolling around the city streets in team colors, with numbers on, and NO helmets on. WTF?

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales
meant to rain here in Canberra tonight... certainly cold as well (-2 C last night).

Lot's of XC riders rolling around the city streets in team colors, with numbers on, and NO helmets on. WTF?
Yep they were probably looking for the secret Pumptrack Worlds party...Hannah took the win.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
brutal, needles fractured his hand in three places, sucks for a contender for worlds to go down.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
vital guys making great photos yet again.

I see Neethling has broke his hand, what a bummer. Canberra and hand injuries, what is it about the place.

Get well soon needles.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I just saw USA has 45 athletes competing at the worlds. Australia has 60, new zealand has 46, swiss has 36, then most others are single digits or teens and 20's.

That being said, will be interesting to see medal count when its all over based on those numbers.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
latest dirttv vid is stellar! looks to me like the full on dh rigs are going faster than the shorter travel bikes...while barel/lopes are definitely pinning, they look a bit more ragged than the big bike riders...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
^latest dirt vid...
well done.

But we get it, there is pedaling on the course. Never have I seen something drilled into our heads so much than this track has pedaling. Time to move on and focus on something else. Oh and Rennie looks like Rennie still.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Another thumbs up for the Dirt vid, everyone looks so pinned already it's madness! I'm getting a tiny bit overexcited about race day!

Had to have a bit of a laugh at Sam and Brendon tho, especially when Sam said he was going to run a gravity dropper! Haha the piss taking makes it the event even better!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
^latest dirt vid...
well done.

But we get it, there is pedaling on the course. Never have I seen something drilled into our heads so much than this track has pedaling. Time to move on and focus on something else. Oh and Rennie looks like Rennie still.

Who cares?? That conversations with Hill and Brendog was comic gold.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
ok, now if i got this right for the East Coast USA

4x Friday 4:30 am
Jr. DH saturday 8:30 pm
DH Saturday 11:59 pm ( Mid-Night actually)

I took Friday off work just so I could watch the 4x.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
As much as we talk junk about this track, it looked pretty sick/fun in the Dirt vid.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Kick ass coverage of worlds so far. Just in time a sweet Samsun 24" has just rolled in through the door. Dirt video look great blown all the way up.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
12 girls and 30 dudes for the 4x... are you serious? definitely worth all the $$ needed to build a track for them.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Dirt's chesty cam clip makes it look like a very narrow course.
It seems they didn't take into consideration wider bars when they taped the course out...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
When peat raced canberra at the WC last year he never did that well.
He nearly podiumed hey... Just a little mistake near the end.

Although the course isn't as steep and tech as the normal WC rounds, I bet there's never been a Champs that will be as close as this one.

Can't wait for Champery to have the champs tho....

Status
Not open for further replies.