<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
hart, prater and i chalked the concrete @ park city
one year. that was fun. hart put slayer on the backside and in
everyones photo they got in the mail you could see it under
the rider as they came off.
Is Prater still around?
I have not seen that guy since Big Bear a gazillion years ago.
We stayed in the same condo and when he got there he was washing the dirt off his Dh bike from Vermont. He had not ridden since August.
It was May. He then went out and did well in pro.:twitch:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Is Prater still around?
I have not seen that guy since Big Bear a gazillion years ago.
We stayed in the same condo and when he got there he was washing the dirt off his Dh bike from Vermont. He had not ridden since August.
It was May. He then went out and did well in pro.:twitch:
yeah, he is thinking af racing next year. maybe team america Ver2.0.

he works at a shop in indy, races road bikes.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Lee - tell Dave I wish him the best of luck! Kick ass, man!
from what little i've heard from him since i dropped him off at the airport tues. afternoon is that he waited 5 hrs to leave, somehow lufthansa(sp) then dropped him from all his flights, he waited another day in NY and got flown to an airport 31/2 hrs from his intended destination right outside maribor. . . no official word if he's even arrived yet.

delta completely lost his bike at jfk and after the entire day there still had no idea where it was and lufthansa could not guarantee delivery until at least friday, assuming it was found. last i heard he decided to have the bike shipped to me whenever it surfaces, better than having a $6000 race bike in limbo somewhere in europe. he has all his riding gear and is hoping maybe he can borrow a bike to do some runs, if not he'll enjoy being a super fan with Fraser.

laaaaaaaaaame!

hopefully there is a team america 2.0 so we can try again next year. . .

Jester

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Beverly, MA
from what little i've heard from him since i dropped him off at the airport tues. afternoon is that he waited 5 hrs to leave, somehow lufthansa(sp) then dropped him from all his flights, he waited another day in NY and got flown to an airport 31/2 hrs from his intended destination right outside maribor. . . no official word if he's even arrived yet.

delta completely lost his bike at jfk and after the entire day there still had no idea where it was and lufthansa could not guarantee delivery until at least friday, assuming it was found. last i heard he decided to have the bike shipped to me whenever it surfaces, better than having a $6000 race bike in limbo somewhere in europe. he has all his riding gear and is hoping maybe he can borrow a bike to do some runs, if not he'll enjoy being a super fan with Fraser.

laaaaaaaaaame!

Dang, thats some ****ty luck. Im sure Justin(gunner) will chime in with his airline stories this year.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC

laaaaaaaaaame!

You have got to be kidding me, that is the sh#ttiest luck ever. Hopefully someone lets him take a bike for some runs. Gotta love airlines, pay an arm and a leg for a ticket just to ge the worst service possible. Poor Dave, damn......

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
While I want to say bad luck, the truth is that sounds about average. 4 out of my last 6 trips I have had my luggage lost. That includes checking in 2 hours in advance on a direct flight. My last flight from Maine to Baltimore resulted in a 4 hour delay leaving, and then they cancelled my flight when I arrived in Philadelphia and told us we might be able to get a flight the next day at 4pm. They refused to help us out with getting a reconnection, and US Airlines has straight armed me and refused to give me a refund, they just tell me that "due to a large amount of requests, it may take months to get back to you". I ended up having to take a cab and a train. Fortunately my luggage was not lost because I don't check luggage anymore. Fedex and UPS can get things there on time and they use planes.... why the fawk can't the other idiots. The airline industry needs to get completely sacked and built up from the bottom.

laaaaaaaaaame!

Eggzoi

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Australia
While I want to say bad luck, the truth is that sounds about average. 4 out of my last 6 trips I have had my luggage lost. That includes checking in 2 hours in advance on a direct flight. My last flight from Maine to Baltimore resulted in a 4 hour delay leaving, and then they cancelled my flight when I arrived in Philadelphia and told us we might be able to get a flight the next day at 4pm. They refused to help us out with getting a reconnection, and US Airlines has straight armed me and refused to give me a refund, they just tell me that "due to a large amount of requests, it may take months to get back to you". I ended up having to take a cab and a train. Fortunately my luggage was not lost because I don't check luggage anymore. Fedex and UPS can get things there on time and they use planes.... why the fawk can't the other idiots. The airline industry needs to get completely sacked and built up from the bottom.
Solution!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

laaaaaaaaaame!

... mutherfu@kers....! :rant: :rolleyes:

Why the phuck did Lufthansa drop him? It's not like they're Jet Blue...

So Dave landed 31.5 hrs away from Maribor or his flight to Maribor was 31.5 hrs???

I don't even bother with Delta...
With their level of incompetance, Delta stands for:

Don't
Even
Leave
The
Airport

That blows - if I go to Ft. Bill next year I'm mailing my bike to the concierge at one of the larger hotels in Scotland near Ft. Bill, and then I'll drive to the mountain.

Hope they find his ride - soon.

Sorry to hear of this.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
3.5hrs away . . . forgot to hit the space bar. he was supposed to land in austria about 40km away, last i heard he got sent to a different airport. quite the clusterf*uck for sure. i'll let him fill in the details whenever he resurfaces again . . .

lockstock

Monkey
Mar 6, 2007
from what transcend said earlier there may not be live timing at this WC.

so has Hill won the overall with that result?

spinner

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
from what transcend said earlier there may not be live timing at this WC.

so has Hill won the overall with that result?
According to my (quite possibly dodgy) calculations :that quali puts Hill on 857 pts. Assuming Sam gets zero points in the final , Peat needs to add 219 to his current 639 pts to take the title.

lockstock

Monkey
Mar 6, 2007
so iguess he's sewn it up then since i think you only get 200 for the win.

Congrats Sam, a dominant year :thumb: