Quantcast

Worlds 2006 - Rotorua NZ

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
Big congrats. to all the American junior's and elite's men/women who made it to NZ. I'm sure it is a great feeling to be representing U.S.A. in the sport of mountainbiking. Everyone who went worked hard and deserved thier spot. Big congrats to Andrew, logan, and hank. Great work guys. hope to join you next year!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i missed my start time......

i crashed hard in practice and by the time i went down and over to the medical tent and got on a shuttle, i was too late.

SUPER bummed out about that:(
don't beat yourself up too hard.

things happen for a reason.

I have been there too.

as i JR at 1990 worlds i got DQed 15 sec b/f the start.

Hey you want to go to cananda and be my tech for Worlds? :brows:
lol would love to, but considering i am out fo commission for at least two months and cant even drive the truck i doubt htey will let me do that.

i dislocated my kneecap on the 16th up in WA playing paintball, and in the process tore my mcl and meniscus, as well as the ligament that keeps your kneecap centered. so that means surgery on friday and out for 2 months. 3 weeks immobilized knee, another week non-weightbearing, then a month of rehab at least.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
awesome shots gary! man, i wish i was there... i know i missed out! but your photos always seem to tell the story..
TOTALLY! Gary Perkins saved me $1500 on a plane ticket to New Zealand to watch the race. because of his pictures, I was just at the race, so the drama and didn't even have to go!

Killer, gary...Killer!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
lol would love to, but considering i am out fo commission for at least two months and cant even drive the truck i doubt htey will let me do that.

i dislocated my kneecap on the 16th up in WA playing paintball, and in the process tore my mcl and meniscus, as well as the ligament that keeps your kneecap centered. so that means surgery on friday and out for 2 months. 3 weeks immobilized knee, another week non-weightbearing, then a month of rehab at least.
w0w....paintball.....w0w....just...w0w.:bonk:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
hi Fraser,
gotta admit that place almost had me beat! toughest shoot in a long time ... was good event but hard work ...
hope flights back weren't too bad .. i've done Auckland -SFO, in a few hours i got SFO-Denver-Minneapolis-Detroit-London :)
laters
gary

Ya, I was gonna mention that it seems that you got that problem licked pretty quickly. Lighting is great on some of those shots, just enough fill to make things pop. Are you as beat as I am after a good 10 days of those guys? I think Graves and his bunch nearly killed my liver.

glad y'all like the shots ... thanks for the support.

i have to admit i was a bit apprehensive about my take on things to begin with .. but the more i look at them the more i like them. still not my faves of the year though ...

as for being beat .. yeah pretty bushed from the last three days ... party saturday in bed at 5am up at 830am to do XC, party sunday in bed at 430am up at 7am to drive to auckland. no sleep in San Fran monday due to having to pack, play with new flash equipment, watch sh!t on tv, chat to mates, drink more beer, process photos - maybe thats why the gallery was late :) still it has to be done .. its worlds.

laters
gary

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Wow, where did that log come from during Rennie's run? A little foul-play or what?
he was so focused he probably never saw it! But still - if the log would have rolled on the course a few secs sooner, it could have messed his run up!

Sam was so much faster than everyone - simply amazing...

Thanks for the link Dave77 - that made my afternoon!!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ya I am pretty sure that was the TV3 broadcast, they were host broadcaster and it was being shown live ont he jumbo trons in the village. The excitement durings the men's DH was palpable. There were fans from top to bottom, and the finish area was absolute bedlam.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the XC course too, it actually really looks like an XC course of old..there are even some jumps on it.