Quantcast

Worst downhill bike of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
What was the worst production downhill bike of all time? If it wasent produced, any prototypes that were absolutely awful.

not excluding components, forks ect.

pictures :lighten:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
KHS Dominatrax for bearing slop, shock killing leverage ratio and the aesthetics of a cracked out yellowjacket.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
i would have to say the khs is prob the worst but im gonna get flamed for this the karpel Armagedon (if thats how u spell it) or apocalypse, oh fu*k knows sumthing to do with the end of the world...lol..well it had 14" of travel whats the point, and bender the fender rode it...:busted:

and i heard they were crap made too, but i just heard it so dont kill me.....:imstupid:

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
The trek team dhs where just gates on wheels. Those things where f****n huge. Although the paint job was kinda cool blue one side white the other.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland

I know that one is not very "DH" but i swear i saw one a while back that was built more for DH, I remember someone riding it back when bikercross was in the winter X games.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
khs hands down. god forbid you get out of the saddle and had to sprit. the dam thing went everywhere but forward. and the early models that had the shock mounting holes that did nothing. i was actually told by a khs rep at a bike shop that the lower hole could bind and bend the shock shaft. three little words, dee dee dee

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
imo it's not exactly fair to count anything before say... 1997?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
how about:
the trek y-glide
the outland vpp-5 (falling rate couldn't be saved by vpp)
Rocky mountain pipeline/precursors
Kestrel Rubicon

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
jamis diablo,
anything by lenzsport
storm h1/h1
cpc patriot
gsr mach 9
i'd say the tomac lawill, but ONLY because of the weight and lack of floater

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
btw everyone, that was 10 years ago... holy ****.
Yeah.. scary ain't it... :shocked:

Btw, the Yeti Lawwill has always had a floating brake (even the one pictured earlier...). The later Tomac didn't... neither did the earlier Fisher RS-1 (iirc)...

Otherwise, I agree with dump... I can name any number of crappy designs from the mid 90's...

Status
Not open for further replies.