Quantcast

WTF!!!! of all the stupid sh......

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
So i just got my car back together 2 days ago (mostly) and i took it to the car parts store and to taco bell. while in taco bell, a black Escalade parks next to my car. i was watching to make sure they didnt fling their doors open and whack my car, and out piles like 5 kids and a mom. the kids are running around my car, looking in it yada yada... then one yells, and everyone huddles around him, and the mom goes hysterical, so they all pile in the truck again and the mom comes running in asking who drives the "little green car" i thought for sure they had done something to it. i say its mine and she tells me to come out side. so it turns out, (the grille hasnt arrived yet, so its not on...) one of the kids stuck his hand into the grill area while the electric fans were runnin and cut his finger pretty bad. the mom is yelling at me, telling me im going to be paying this off for the next 10 years blah blah blah. i told her that thats rediculous. she says, "you wont think so when my lawyer get ahold of you." so i cooperate and give her my number so it doesnt get messy and she drives off through the parking lot at 45. (btw, this was about a 5 min conversation while her kid is in the car bleeding :rolleyes: ) anyway, this is the stupid part

I get a call from her freakin lawyer today, and they want to sue for hospital costs, negligence, and pain and suffering or some stupid **** like that!!!!!!!?!?!?!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

WTF! is it just me or is this INSANE!? its like if the kid grabbed my ehaust and burned his hand and they wanted to sue. Ive never been sued before. is this gonna cost me large ammounts of money in lawyear fees and stuff? i have NO money to spend on stupid stuff like this. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGG!!! do i need to call a lawyer right away? will i get chaged for advice?

now im just waiting for their lawer to call again.

Edit: btw, her resoning for it being my fault is the lack of grille... never mind the fact the fans are LOUD as all hell.... and BRIGHT YELLOW!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I hope you have insurance. If you do, let them handle it. And counter-sue for whatever a pointless suit is called.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
First let me act suprised that she was driving an SUV.. and Second let me act suprised that she parked right next to you. and Third that she had no control over her kids

and Fourth WTF did you give her your number for? If she wants to get cash outa yah make her work for it at least!

I don't know crap about lawyers and what not so I wont comment on that part... but good luck man, and that truely sucks!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Sounds like it is your word against hers, f nothing was documented get a grill on your car and deny the hell out of everything.

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
If I were you, I would get a lawyer immediately. I am not generally familiar with tort law, but I would presume this woman would be at least contributorily negligent in failing to properly supervise her child.

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
Originally posted by Tenchiro
Sounds like it is your word against hers, f nothing was documented get a grill on your car and deny the hell out of everything.
This may be problematic insofar as her children are also there. I would have given her a wrong number :devil: and hope she didn't take down my license number. maybe you should sue for trespass to chattel :D

Jul 19, 2002
Vancouver Washington
Next time don't give them your number. So how are they going to prove it was your car that cut his finger. It is your word versa hers.

Better yet find her car and cut your finger them sue her the same way she is sueing you.

She sounds like a con artist to me get her name form the lawyer and do a check in the court records on how many times she has sue some one (might need a lawyer for this part).

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Personally i think the mother should be jailed for raising such a dumb fvck of a kid. what does that kid have to be thinking while doing that " hmmm, loud, whirrling, and sharp fanblades spinning really fast, ill shove my finger in there" come on wtf? kids are curious but thats downright $hitheaded

Honor

Chimp
Oct 16, 2003
TEXAS
Originally posted by LordOpie
I hope you have insurance. If you do, let them handle it. And counter-sue for whatever a pointless suit is called.
I second that. Pursue this, because if you don't you'll regret it. She could be all-talk-no-do. Whether or not she is, DEFEND YOURSELF and what you think is right. Take your time, you won't regret it. Best of luck.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
Personally i think the mother should be jailed for raising such a dumb fvck of a kid. what does that kid have to be thinking while doing that " hmmm, loud, whirrling, and sharp fanblades spinning really fast, ill shove my finger in there" come on wtf? kids are curious but thats downright $hitheaded
hahaha, dude kids stick there _____ where ever they see fit (if it fits) its part of growing up ( i put my ear on a stove pipe, but that is beside the point) so what ever the kid got hurt...

but man i don't think you need to worry about this too much. do you really think she has a case? you will be talking to real people who has the ability to reason and i'm sure the judge will rap things up quickly.

but what a wast of time ey?

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Originally posted by HTFR
do you really think she has a case?
We are in the country where people sue for any and everything. For exaple some dumbass sued (and won) McDonalds because they got burned by the coffee they were drinking.
I say get a lawyer ard fight back. Then call child services and tell them that this lady is too stupid and shouldn't be raising any kids.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
our world is so fcuked up with all this law suit crap. I know a kid who got a free : 60in plazma, DVD player, Bose system, and some other **** because his grandpa slipped on ice at bestbuy and they were scared he would sue, so they gave him all this **** for free, just so no suit would be started, its insane. I think im gonna take a spill at best buy in december :devil:

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
That's just insane!! I have four young kids and I know they do impulsive things sometimes but in no way would I EVER blame someone else for their actions. That's completely ridiculous and then what do the kids learn from this??!! That we're not responsible for our own actions. :angry: What a joke!

Well, I sure hope everything works out in your favor!

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Originally posted by thruster

She sounds like a con artist to me get her name form the lawyer and do a check in the court records on how many times she has sue some one (might need a lawyer for this part).
She does kinda sound like a con artist to me, she would need to be really rich to raise five kids and have an Escalade. You could probably sue them back because the kid was fooling around with somebody else's property unsupervised. He might as well have been trying to break into the car, just he was under the hood.
If you got their phone number, call them up and ask why the kid had his hand in the grill in the first place, and why they were looking at your car like they were. Make it as hard as you can for them. If you ask all the simple questions like those, she might just realize that making up rediculous answers and accusations isnt worth it.
Oh, and another reason why this is suspicious. She has five kids, an Escalade - so somehow she has a lot of money, its obvious. She should easily be able to pay for a hospital bill on her own, unless she is just stupid and greedy and unresponsible.

You can win if you just do the right thing and tell the truth about what happened. :thumb:

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by dwaugh
She does kinda sound like a con artist to me, she would need to be really rich to raise five kids and have an Escalade.

She has five kids, an Escalade - so somehow she has a lot of money, its obvious. She should easily be able to pay for a hospital bill on her own, unless she is just stupid and greedy and unresponsible.
Umm welcome to Suburbia land o the Soccer moms. Where i live there are ladies with 3 or 4 kids who roll in just your average everyday Cayennes, G500s, X5 4.6s, H2s, Escalades, Range Rovers, and lets not forget the milf in an 04 Rolls Royce

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I would not contact the woman. I would not discuss ANYTHING with her lawyer. I wouldn't even talk to him/her when they call. Don't give them your insurance company name as they may try an end run and since it is not your fault why do they need it.

If they are serious about suing you, you will get served. Then take it from there.

You might want to right down what happened while it is fresh in your mind. Take any pictures before anything changes, etc.

A lot of time the whole lawyer thing is just to try to scare you into paying.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
That's extremely retarded! Thats what sucks about living in America, someone does something stupid and its always your fault. Nobody can take responsibility for their own actions anymore. Hopefully you make it out of this without too many problems.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by BrokenChain
We are in the country where people sue for any and everything. For exaple some dumbass sued (and won) McDonalds because they got burned by the coffee they were drinking.
there was a lot more to it than that....that lawsuit was not as simple as you think.....Mc Donalds got what they deserved.....D

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by Instigator
yep!

and stupidity breeds stupidity
Precisely why some people should not be allowed to breed!!!!

I HATE that people don't take responsibility for their own actions, or the actions of their kids....drives me freakin' insane! The kid should never have been touching your car in the first place....it's not as if the fan jumped out and bit him!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
COntact your insurance company. I just finished with a frivolous lawsuit a few months ago from an accident that happen nearly 7 years ago. They just slipped it in before the statute of limitations expired. Long story short, my insurance co. settled and the guy walked away with $85000.

And this was my mom's jeep when I was done with it. (It was repaired and my bro was driving until a month ago.

But all this to say that it didn't cost me anything. Insurance hired the lawyer and took care of it all. THIS is why you have insurance.

Attachments

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah don't say anything. You should have not given her your number, and let the cops come. I don't think she can do anything without documentation, such as cops and witnesses. Since she probably knows nobody else in the place, who is she going to call...again, your werd versus hers. I would place the grill on there and take a picture, just to show it.

If the lawyer calls again, I wouldn't say ****. Let them serve you if they think they can bring a case. They probably can't, and there's a good chance you could bring a frivilous lawsuit or it'll get thrown out due to her negligence.

And lastly, that mcdonalds case got reduced in appeals court. Mcdonalds countersued for frivilous lawsuit I believe and she left with an award of $2(dollars) and not 3 million.

I don't see how some kid sticking his hand someplace it doesn't belong is your fault....? What do they want you to do, place "caution: large spinning blades" stickers on your car? How about "Caution: Giant retard driving a Giant SUV" for hers?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by BMXman
there was a lot more to it than that....that lawsuit was not as simple as you think.....Mc Donalds got what they deserved.....D

i agree, i agree. mcdonalds deserved what they got in that suit.

but lets focus on the issue. i dont know what to do. i never would have given that lady my phone number in the first place. i can't imagine that she has a leg to stand on, but im not a lawyer. you should get a lawyer. quickly.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
hey, is it against the law to drive a car without a grill?

might pertain to the case, but sounds more like negligence on the mothers part...

its like if a kid is walking and sprains his ankle in a sewer grate...can they sue the town?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
As others have said, contact insurance. My dad was sued because of a traffic accident a while back. Such crap- person is just fine after the accident, very helpful and nice, walking around without any problems. Like a year later sues for medical bills and pain and suffering because of neck and back injuries. I mean, maybe it was legit but it seemed so....typical, in a way. Anyways, insurance took care of it.

I disagree with others on one point: do not lie and do not suggest something that is a lie. Putting a grille on and taking a picture is a lie. Just seems like a bad idea to me. Could bite you in the ass plus its just simply dishonest.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
People who can't control their kids should not be allowed to drive. Probably let's her kids run wild in restaurants. You should sue for the Escalade.

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
Originally posted by Wumpus
I would not contact the woman. I would not discuss ANYTHING with her lawyer. I wouldn't even talk to him/her when they call. Don't give them your insurance company name as they may try an end run and since it is not your fault why do they need it.

If they are serious about suing you, you will get served. Then take it from there.

You might want to right down what happened while it is fresh in your mind. Take any pictures before anything changes, etc.

A lot of time the whole lawyer thing is just to try to scare you into paying.
I second these proposals. I would also make sure that your attorney should, if possible, seek attorney's fees that you/your insurance company incurs for fighting a frivolous lawsuit. For some reasons lawsuits like this make me personally mad at the person and attorney who brings them (probably on contingency).

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
Originally posted by the law
If I were you, I would get a lawyer immediately. I am not generally familiar with tort law, but I would presume this woman would be at least contributorily negligent in failing to properly supervise her child.

Yeah, call CPS or whoever in your area, and report her for letting her children play unsupervised in a parking lot.
People get pissed when State employees come tell tehm they are bad parents.