Quantcast

WwWwWw> Wake up <wWwWwW

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
b0rk,
need new tires for the truck soon, debating https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/geolandar-h-t-g056
or
Have that on my Spitter. Pretty quiet. Hit on MPG (compared to regular van tires) was minimal, maybe 0.5mpg. Starting my third winter on them.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:stupid:

I've tolerated it for so long because of the ridiculous amount of PTO I get (seven weeks annually)...not that I am allowed to take time off.
A few years ago I accepted a new job elsewhere, thought about it for a day afterwards and then changed my mind as I didn't want to go from six weeks off per year down to two. (it was also negligible change in salary and required a commute).

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A few years ago I accepted a new job elsewhere, thought about it for a day afterwards and then changed my mind as I didn't want to go from six weeks off per year down to two. (it was also negligible change in salary and required a commute).
I won't take a job that cuts into my PTO that much. I need at least three weeks, plus the holidays and sick time if they don't use one PTO bank. Honestly not enough PTO will be a deal breaker for any offer I get.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I won't take a job that cuts into my PTO that much. I need at least three weeks, plus the holidays and sick time if they don't use one PTO bank. Honestly not enough PTO will be a deal breaker for any offer I get.
And it should be. More than any amount of money. A job and people you enjoy working with and loads of PTO, even unpaid.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is what will happen. FYI I am going on three years now without a pay increase because I am at the top of my scale and the position in under-graded. I've repeatedly asked about it but nothing gets done. They'll move on that if/when I give my notice.
This was what I mentioned in my exit from Plexus, I was the third engineer who mentioned bellow market pay in an area well above market price (Ashland is STUPID expensive). They tried to adjust salaries after that.

A buddy took a 25% increase to stay. I told him these situations rarely work out, I hope for him it does.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I will say I dig what I am doing here and it sounds like the boss sees the value. If I can get folks on board and show value, there is a chance they could carve a spot for me. Not holding my breath, but good to know.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lunch 1 is in my belly: a spicy chicken sandwich from Popeyes as the main course.

Lunch 2 with the crew of sundry degenerates is forthcoming.

Then to work for a few hours.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Nope!
Delish. :drool:

How's your knee?
Actually, remarkably good. I am fully walking without crutches, I should be on the stationary trainer next week. Pain mostly gone, I just have zero ligaments holding things together, so I have to be super careful. Could be a lot worse. My posts will become incoherent after Jan. 16th when I get the replacement done.