Quantcast

X-Games Moto Best Trick Recap Video

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
You know, I've seen a lot of crazy stuff and I thought I'd seen all the tricks people are pulling, but.....THAT IS COMPLETELY INSANE!!!!
Travis pulled it perfectly.:thumb:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
butterfingers13 said:
he pulled the first double backflip on nitro circus on fuel tv
in a sand pit.
this was the real deal.

he absolutely killed it.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
He said in an interveiw that he would never do it in a comp, ala X-Games. He said the setting wasn't right, the jumps wern't steep enough, and the landings were rock hard. I guess at one point he had to break down and relize their sport has had so much evolution that he has to risk his life for a medal.

Good for him, and god knows, after this, this is the new baseline trick.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Got a 98.60, only one judge didn't give him 100. He's already won two events, Rally and Moto Best Trick.

I gotta say the X-Games Rally course was kind of a destruction derby, but Travis drove it well. The wreck in the last 15 seconds of course by McRae made for a tight race.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
ThePriceSeliger said:
I guess at one point he had to break down and relize their sport has had so much evolution that he has to risk his life for a medal.
IMO Everyone in the comp had to risk their life for a metal.

I think they risk their lives doing any trick. I watched the entire comp on ESPN and every back flip trick was crazy scary. There might be more risk with a double back flip but all the Moto X tricks are death worthy anymore.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
This X games just seems to be full of crazy stuff....double flare in BMX vert best trick...not to mention what ever that combo of like 10 things Kagy pulled, the BMX park was just crazy....i was sitting my my chair going...Holy $hit most of the comp with the stuff being thrown.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
nutcase... Pastrana, man... From what I heard from good sources Pastrana is trying a tailwhip on his dirtbike...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
SuspectDevice said:
Will the damn kid get this freestyle crap out of his blood soon and get back to racing? FMX is even worse than Tyler Klassen, IMO.
Well, when the rest of the race guys can pull double backflips on a 250lb bike, I'll agree with you.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
How is a double backflip even at all related to any skill that is relevant in motocross? They might as well be wearing leotards and riding pommel horses.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
SuspectDevice said:
Will the damn kid get this freestyle crap out of his blood soon and get back to racing? FMX is even worse than Tyler Klassen, IMO.
:stupid: but sadly fmx is where the money is when it comes to endorsement deals and all that. he did much better than i thought he would in the rally. ken block also did better than i thought seeing as how he went to rally training school in late 2004.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
SuspectDevice said:
How is a double backflip even at all related to any skill that is relevant in motocross? They might as well be wearing leotards and riding pommel horses.
i like to see you backflip ANYTHING other than on a trampoline:mumble:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
SteezyWeezy said:
i like to see you backflip ANYTHING other than on a trampoline:mumble:
Exactly my point. Let's see you do a double backflip or a backflip heart attack on a 250lb moto, then you can talk all the **** you want.

Until then, go away.

edit: the whole if it isn't racing it's not hardcore/cool/skilled attitude is getting real old, real fast.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
SuspectDevice said:
It's not related to racing, you're right. Doesn't mean it's pointless, or unrelated to dirtbikes.

However, I agree with you when it comes to racing. It's way cooler, and I believe the riders are better. Doesn't mean a double flip is irrelevant though.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
SuspectDevice said:

Get over yourself d00d.

:oink:

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
It's the same thing in MTB in retrospect. What is the point of CrankWorks? Many of those guys are racers. 1st and 3rd place in Crankworks were/are racers. It's all a showoff of skills. Who cares, the Moto guys are making millions, and doing what they love, they don't care what you think.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
SuspectDevice said:
Right, I'm not into gymnastics, And I'd like to see your corner on anything other than an X-box

(touche!)
hey, go **** urslef! i dont own a video game consol at all, when i want to rail corners, i go ****ing ride

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
SteezyWeezy said:
hey, go **** urslef! i dont own a video game consol at all, when i want to rail corners, i go ****ing ride
and when i try to sound tough online, i use spellcheck!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
SuspectDevice said:
funny . . . you got pretty excited when jamie ford hucked 50ft off that teeter-totter a few weeks ago, even posted video of it on various forums. last i checked teeter-totter hucks have nothing to do with dh racing . . . doesn't mean it wasn't cool though.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
gemini2k said:
absolutely retarded

I saw Travis put down 35 solid laps during the Supermoto race, and then, less than an hour later, he was out there on his FMX bike winning the FMX finals. Seems like he's a pretty well-rounded rider to me.

Speaking of Supermoto, go Jeff Ward! He has to be the oldest person to ever win a gold medal at the X-Games, he's 45-years-old!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Nutty. Just nutty. But at this point, nothing really surprises me...there is no impossible anymore.

Anyone see the bike vert? Tailwhip flairs, no handed flairs, a 900, etc., etc....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
blt2ride said:
I saw Travis put down 35 solid laps during the Supermoto race, and then, less than an hour later, he was out there on his FMX bike winning the FMX finals. Seems like he's a pretty well-rounded rider to me.
I wouldn't quite go that far. Travis owns everybody in FMX, but go try to pull for him at a motocross or supercross race. You get to cheer for him for about 3 laps, then he get's FUBAR'ed and coasts the remaining 15 or so then pulls out. As a paying customer, it's not that entertaining. About as fun as tuning in to watch Palmer qualify for a main then pull off track. EDIT: More like 1 lap actually...Watched Pastrana live at Atlanta cartwheel right out of the start gate in the main. Tuned in to OLN to watch Palmer in 125 motocross only to see him eat it in the start and jack his hand. Whooppee...

They're both just guys taking up the space of a kid who has put in the time, money and effort of countless years to get in at that particular race...only to be bumped by a media darling who's desire to be there for the long run is practically zero.

Pastrana racing is a sideshow at best at an actual race anymore.

NOTE: Don't give me all the comebacks about how I can't ride like him. He's got insane skill and so does Palm. But neither deserves to show up at a race and take somebody else's spot...knowing full well neither is gonna so much as finish.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
2001 125 EAST SUPERCROSS SERIES CHAMPION
2000 ST. LOUIS SUPERCROSS 125 1ST PLACE
2000 DAYTONA SUPERCROSS 1ST PLACE
2000 EAST/ WEST SX SEASON SHOOTOUT CHAMPION
2000 3RD IN ROOKIE SX SEASON (3 WINS)
2000 AMA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
2000 NATIONAL 125 CHAMP- ROOKIE YEAR
1999 HORIZON AWARD- BEST AMATEUR MOTO-CROSS RACER

yeah, he sucks at racing. . . . .

and last i checked, he and palmer both had to qualify for the main events so if someone else "deserved" it more than them maybe those guys should have tried a little harder in the heat races. only way to "take somebody else's spot" is to beat them.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
General Lee said:
2001 125 EAST SUPERCROSS SERIES CHAMPION
2000 ST. LOUIS SUPERCROSS 125 1ST PLACE
2000 DAYTONA SUPERCROSS 1ST PLACE
2000 EAST/ WEST SX SEASON SHOOTOUT CHAMPION
2000 3RD IN ROOKIE SX SEASON (3 WINS)
2000 AMA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
2000 NATIONAL 125 CHAMP- ROOKIE YEAR
1999 HORIZON AWARD- BEST AMATEUR MOTO-CROSS RACER

yeah, he sucks at racing. . . . .

and last i checked, he and palmer both had to qualify for the main events so if someone else "deserved" it more than them maybe those guys should have tried a little harder in the heat races. only way to "take somebody else's spot" is to beat them.

Yeah, But you know racing isn't his main focus anymore. Some think that he should leave it to the people that have more riding on it, I guess.