Quantcast

<x~x>Sundaygetupalreadygmt<x~x>

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Study. Maybe K1 then study some more.

The things I have learned about using trusts to avoid paying taxes... I fucking hate rich people. There are things that literally create money when used together properly - all 100% legal. You just need a few million dollars to start with.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DSO was barking lots at 1230 and then again at 0100ish.

Tired.

edit: wife reports it was two foxes playing in the snow outside that got the DSO riled up.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
today is remodeling the RV garage day, plywood is going up on the walls to stiffen and give a mounting surface to mount pack-out plates for a sleeker method of tool/parts storage while proportioning weight behind the axle.

In other news,

still no hard parts from Ducati, 4 weeks and counting

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
But we might be going to Squamish if Perú is still a mess, if you want to join.
But Perú will ‘probably’ be fine by then, and maybe even cheaper and less crowded at Macchu Picchu.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
looks like they stole it for the handicapped plates. Had the plates stolen two halloweens ago too. And I think I’ve had the hang tag stolen before.
your car was stolen....must have been asleep

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode early, was cold-ish and humid. Bread is in the oven. Now deciding if I should make myself a cup of coffee or open a beer. I suspect that "yes" is the correct answer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
took down Xmas tree yesterday. cleaned a portion of the house. buddy and his gf came over for sushi dinner, drank some port. slept like a rock. packing some Xmas stuff away, gonna hit the trainer and probably the climbing gym.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
looks like they stole it for the handicapped plates. Had the plates stolen two halloweens ago too. And I think I’ve had the hang tag stolen before.
Far be it from me to understand the criminal mind, but wouldn't it be easier just to steal the plates without committing the whole car thievery part? I mean , I know parking in LA is a bitch, but c'mon.......

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Continuing education and weight lifting today. Coffee first. Maybe a ride later.

Study. Maybe K1 then study some more.

The things I have learned about using trusts to avoid paying taxes... I fucking hate rich people. There are things that literally create money when used together properly - all 100% legal. You just need a few million dollars to start with.
Why do you hate freedom?

What @Pesqueeb said. Seems like just taking the plates would have been far simpler, but I'm just a simple caveman lawyer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Continuing education and weight lifting today. Coffee first. Maybe a ride later.

Why do you hate freedom?

What @Pesqueeb said. Seems like just taking the plates would have been far simpler, but I'm just a simple caveman lawyer.
I hate tax law that it written to benefit .01% of the population to the absolute detriment of the rest of the population. I'm in the range of society where it makes sense for me to think about having a trust for forward planning. It will save my family nothing at the end of the day, but make legal process easier. Honestly, most people should have a simple trust (vs. a will), as it's well worth the cost, especially if you have kids. It's the below shit that pisses me off.

Example: Let's say you have $3mm of AAPL stock in a non-retirement account. You want to diversify it, so that you aren't at total risk to AAPL. You set up a Charitable Remainder Income Trust (CRIT) and move all of the funds there. Depending on how much you intend on distributing in your lifetime (you can do a jt life, single life, or up to 25yrs), you can take a taxable write-off of up to 75% of that amount. Because that money is now in a charitable trust (that you control), you can now trade the investments with no capital gains tax. And you can decide to distribute oh... 10% per year. But what about your kids? They will be upset that you're not giving them their inheritance! Not to worry! Just setup an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust (ILIT) for $3mm. You can use part of the $300k/yr you are distributing from the CRIT to pay for the $5mm insurance policy up front and just pay the gift tax on that smaller amount. Because the ILIT is no longer part of your trust, since it's irrevocable, it will not impact your lifetime gift/estate tax, allowing you to transfer $5mm to your kids for (after the CRIT deduction and ILIT transfer) for ~+$250k to you. You literally just made money out of thin air by setting up trusts properly. You only need a couple of million dollars to start with. Sure, the trusts might have cost you $25k, but who the fuck cares? You just made $250k.

That's what I'm getting at.

Last edited: