Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
no offense to the builders, but those jumps are... kinda sad. no tranny kills flow.

we're gonna check it out tho, fo sho, willing to help out with some diggin, looks like the beginning of the trail needs some definition.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
cool!
the potential is there, but the place needs serious help

i'm down to throw dirt there!
i say A-line style tables and fatty dubs all the way to the bottom

Anybody up for leaving work early and riding it today?:brows: There is sooo much potential there...berms and doubles (or tables rather) for days.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Here are some quick pics w/ the camera phone.
This think is a freaking hog...shop scale said 46!!!:shocked:
I like! I really want to sit on it since it is a large. Here is a little spreadsheet I put together a while back on making a Glory lighter. Most of it should apply to your build.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ar?id=o07967142560985379720.7620956906071660369.14223151415530040750.5234967822794345947&hl=en&action=1&tile=0&rpert=20&tfe=bx_36&srow=0&erow=24&fprt=false&scol=0&ecol=7

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
that is a thing of beauty! especially those valve caps!
congrats Randy.. i bet you can't wait for Mammoth
(i know i can't)

i'm also very curious to take a spin on it.

where did you pick that up, and how much?
was it new or used? PM me if you don't want to publicize the numbers

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Thanks fellas. You guys are more than welcome to take it for a ride whenever.

Nags, I cant view the spreadsheet. Is it my comp or the link?

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
very nice randy!

you know, its fitting that we are doing sully run tomorrow as the thread is a year old tomorrow.

I'm down for a stuntle next sat....

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Randy,

That thing looks burly and very suitable for DH. However, for Fontana, I think you should go with the pink/blue 3 wheeler......

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
rode Jedi again today..
better this time. did it without stops, there is actually some decent flow to some sections.. still needs major help though.

one note though. as we were climbing up the hill at the very beginning of the actual trail, we looked back at the fireroad, and there it was staring right at us. A nice looking road gap. Probably a good 15' across, maybe more.. run-in is via the fireroad, it has a decent flat lip, and a big endless tranny on the other side... looks very hittable.

good luck to the guys at Fontana!!

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
we took a newbie friend with us today, but he bonked bad about 1/3 into the trail, so we had to turn around and accompany him back to the car to make sure he was ok, and then climbed the canyon again.

so, we were pretty hosed from all the climbing yesterday and today, took the squirrely kizage down to the bottom.

nice! did you go back and take sully down or take squirrel cage back?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
How was Fontana?

how did you guys do??
Edgy completed his first race and ended up 4th in Expert:clapping:. I think BC got 7th in Sport and I bagged 12th in Beg. I forgot where Schwinn and Holelotan finished up at.

The winds were insanse but still good times regardless. A few of us were just hoping to make it down the hill in 1 piece and got lost a few times on the way (so windy that some of the tape had blown away) but we crossed the line and fell triumphantly to the floor.

Dude, so the rest of you guys coming to the next Fontana race or what??

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I got 7th, was .89 of a sec off from 6th all this with a pedestrian moved rock (Not a little one either, prob. someone looking for action or too heavy due to size for the individual!) directly in my blind corner of a rock garden. Hit it and was all over couldnt get footing in it for a few. Lost a few seconds!
Sport 27-34 20+ riders signed 17 finished so not bad, I should be good enough to handle new obstructions in the course.
Heres the speed jump that claimed alot of people, winds were 40+ mph (crosswind). I hit it but kept my bike low (still blew over a foot sideways :D)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Right on dudes! Well done Edgy! makin' us all proud

i heard the winds were kinda crazy out there.
I'm definitely gonna try to make it out to the next race.

Edgy completed his first race and ended up 4th in Expert:clapping:. I think BC got 7th in Sport and I bagged 12th in Beg. I forgot where Schwinn and Holelotan finished up at.

The winds were insanse but still good times regardless. A few of us were just hoping to make it down the hill in 1 piece and got lost a few times on the way (so windy that some of the tape had blown away) but we crossed the line and fell triumphantly to the floor.

Dude, so the rest of you guys coming to the next Fontana race or what??

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Right on dudes! Well done Edgy! makin' us all proud

i heard the winds were kinda crazy out there.
I'm definitely gonna try to make it out to the next race.
Thanks guys.... yeah that wind was the deciding factor...I have never pedaled so hard and gone so slow. After my run I waited at the finish line and 98% of the racers came in shaking their heads in disbelief...i wish i had a camera, so many crossed the finish line fell over and laid down just to recover.

We earned our DH on Sun. for sure. Props to all who finished!

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Is a cuntle still in effect for this sat? Perhaps if time permits, we can do a quick Jedi run w/o the climb up Sully (If there's a way. I know I've seen cars drive up the Sully Fireroad towards Camp Joseph).