Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i get monday off. i may take friday off though.

damn you for having that tease of a signature. the 66 is sold and you still have a link to it. lame.

btw - the purple bottlerocket is sold and will be shipping out this week. i just need to find a box for it. funny enough, i just painted the walls of my apartment the same color as the bottlerocket (though, not metallic).

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
You painted your apartment pink?
:shocked:

i get monday off. i may take friday off though.

damn you for having that tease of a signature. the 66 is sold and you still have a link to it. lame.

btw - the purple bottlerocket is sold and will be shipping out this week. i just need to find a box for it. funny enough, i just painted the walls of my apartment the same color as the bottlerocket (though, not metallic).

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
not pink, "grape ice" according to the name on the can. i only did the livingroom. i knew i did the right thing when one of my female friends came over and stated "in this room, i feel like i should have pigtails and be licking a lolipop." :happydance::happydance::happydance: gigidy.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
think i'm gonna be down for it. not sure about saturday or sunday yet. i'm going to the motocross on saturday, but i might be able to sneak a ride in beforehand, depending on how hungover i am.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
did you happen to catch anything worth looking at on your camera, from our virgin Jedi run?
Some of the pics turned out alright, but like someone guessed they don't look horribly impressive. Got a pretty good berm shot of Pavel. The best berm shot would have been of Mario but I biffed it and cut half of him off, he was laid down pretty good. That little pocket-cam leaves something to be desired...:plthumbsdown:

The video clips were alright, I'll throw them together just so you guys can see them. That little camera has no weight so its hard to stay steady, and you can't zoom while you're recording so its pretty limiting. But I'll post it on here when I can, along with the pics.
If anyone sees a pic of themselves they don't like just let me know and I'll take it down, don't want to bruise any egos ;)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
hehe..
yea maybe we just wait until we sack up and hit that road gap, probably make for better pictor opportunities.

Some of the pics turned out alright, but like someone guessed they don't look horribly impressive. Got a pretty good berm shot of Pavel. The best berm shot would have been of Mario but I biffed it and cut half of him off, he was laid down pretty good. That little pocket-cam leaves something to be desired...:plthumbsdown:

The video clips were alright, I'll throw them together just so you guys can see them. That little camera has no weight so its hard to stay steady, and you can't zoom while you're recording so its pretty limiting. But I'll post it on here when I can, along with the pics.
If anyone sees a pic of themselves they don't like just let me know and I'll take it down, don't want to bruise any egos ;)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
dang, stuntle may be tough for me. i'm not sure my bud is gonna wanna rock the rock gardens on hardtail i'm gonna let him borrow.

anyone down to form a rogue faction and pedal Sully?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I dont know, death by hard tail on Stunt vs. death by pedaling up Sully fire road....thats a close one.

Schwinn, PM sent. You should try to make it fellers, I'm making the trek from the OC.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i won't have much time to ride. it will probably be a quick run up and down sully for me and my out-of-town bud, if anything at all. we gotta get to the moto-pits down in animal-heim and wander around a bit before the race.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
understatement of the year. jdrop is just one big ass rut.
Hahaha, I thought I was the only one that saw it that way ;)
I don't have a ton of time to ride that morning so I'm gonna stick will Sully since its faster and closer to home. At some point I do want to try stunt though once I get a better feel for the BigHit.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i've been in contact with another local dude that might want to come out and party over at Stunt on Saturday.

so, we might have an extra car and rider.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
That's what I plan to do. What time, maybe 8:30ish? I'll be slogging the BigHit again so don't expect me to race up the fire road, might even bring my walkin' shoes :busted:
i'll see you at 8:30.

i definitely want to ride stunt at some point though. it's weird i used to only shuttle, now i like to ride up. maybe when it's too hot to pedal i'll start to shuttle again

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
i'm usually hosed after one run, but let's see how we feel.. take a little snack break, and we might be good to go.
good enough........i'll let you know. hopefully matt will be able to ride this weekend after a long time off the saddle, so if thats the case then sully will probably be a safer bet

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I like the idea of doing 2 stunt runs...or hitting up something else afterwards like K or Sully. Gotta make the drive worth it.