Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
anyone want to shuttle anything on Saturday?
I think Gordon, bneall and i will be looking for some riding

Last edited:

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
who is riding this weekend? i'm limited on saturday time, but sunday is now open.

thoughts?

i'd like to do something where i can bring out the big bike :D
the truck is on the ir list, the wife jacked up a tire and well, 9 bills later and i'm still waiting for a new set to be trucked in from outta state:disgust1:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
the truck is on the ir list, the wife jacked up a tire and well, 9 bills later and i'm still waiting for a new set to be trucked in from outta state:disgust1:
Dont let that stop you from coming out to play. We'll strap 8 bikes to the top of Edgys Saab if need be.

Adam, left you a vm. Nice msg btw.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I picked up the Demo 9. Too good of a deal to pass up. I figured if I don't like it, I can easily get my money back out of it and either sell it or swap the frame. It actually isn't back for being a small after pedaling around for a bit. A little cramped sitting, but feeling pretty good while standing. I had to change the brakes around already to keep from killing myself, since the guy had them set up moto style. I will get some pics up, maybe tomorrow.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
right on dude.. it won't be fun to pedal for any period of time, but it'll be nice and nimble on the downhills, like a 45 pound BMX bike hahaha

i'm really hoping that Mammoth gets their trails in shape for the 4th.
So far it's been looking pretty weak sauce

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I picked up the Demo 9. Too good of a deal to pass up. I figured if I don't like it, I can easily get my money back out of it and either sell it or swap the frame. It actually isn't back for being a small after pedaling around for a bit. A little cramped sitting, but feeling pretty good while standing. I had to change the brakes around already to keep from killing myself, since the guy had them set up moto style. I will get some pics up, maybe tomorrow.
Yah, it didnt feel like a small. Did he hook it up with a diff spring?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I just picked up the bike last night. He is still going to give me another spring that is a bit stiffer, along with the shock to run the bike as a 9". I think it is a swinger or something. I will probably just up the spring a little bit and leave it as an 8" with the DHX on there.

On a side note, I got my new blingin' Straitline pedals today that will be going on the Demo and the Eastons that are on the Demo will go to the Canfield.....

I still think I might replace the Balance with a Slopestyle frame....

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
if you are gonna unload the balance, talk to me about it. not 100% in the market, but i could be persuaded.
I really like the way the bike rides and handles, but there is really no way to set it up as a dual ring setup. I ended up putting an STS on it. The bike rocked up at N* at pretty much everything but the super rock gnar. I just really want a dual ring setup because I suck at the climbing...even with a 32 up front :(

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
That brace on the swingarm is in the way. There is no possible way that you could be in 1/1. The bike works great as a single ring setup. You might be able to go with an ISIS crank setup and space the cranks out enough, but I had already dropped the coin on Saints. Looks like that dude has Saints on his, I would love to know if he actually uses that granny ring in 1/1 if you know who the owner is. I have another swingarm that Canfield sent me, but it looks the same and I just haven't had the motivation to tear it apart, maybe it will give a bit more clearance.

Also, to put it this way, you could probably make it work, but it is way too much effort than I am willing to put in. It works well right now and if it ain't broke....

Last edited:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Randy.. open trails for this weekend
other than Skid Marks, that's pretty much the entire mountain
not too bad

Uptown
Downtown
Paper Route
Shotgun
Big Ring
Lakes Trail
Timber Ridge
Juniper
Bullet
Follow Me
Kamikaze
Off the Top
Beach Cruiser
Shortcut
Brake Through
DC-10
Flow
7 Bridges
Mountain View
Shock Treatment
Ricochet
Chain Smoke
Velocity
Pipeline

Last edited:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'm up at Mammoth, came up last night and rode today. Most trails seemed pretty unkept but still fun. I miss N*. :(