Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
I'm up at Mammoth, came up last night and rode today. Most trails seemed pretty unkept but still fun. I miss N*. :(
ah.. that's right.. forgot you were already up there.
How was the backside of the mountain? Flow, Shotgun, Pipeline, etc.. is the pedal from McCoy reasonable?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Bullet is still fun but the 'rock garden' is becoming a trials obstacle.
My fave combos are, upper chain smoke to Velocity and Skid Marks to upper Bullet to Flow and Shotgun. I don't mind hitting flow-shotgun over and over again. Good times but I can't wait to go N* in three weeks.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
that pretty much sums it up for me as well.
Trails haven't changed and haven't really been maintained since last year.
They built a nice berm on Velocity, which was much needed and appreciated. But seriously.. one berm and that's it?!?

I rode Brake Through/Flow/Pipeline/Shotgun a bunch, which were fun runs, despite the little bit of climbing from McCoy. Brake Through was actually surprisingly fun, as long as you didn't have any slow pokes in front of you, and had the legs to pedal to keep your speed through all the turns.

Had a good time overall, but can't wait to go back to North Star!

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Mammoth was fun despite some of the poor conditions on some trails. As P said, it looks like they only built 1 new feature which was a much needed berm on Velocity.

Personally for the rest of this season, I'll probably pass the 14N and continue up the 5 to Tahoe.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Mammoth was fun despite some of the poor conditions on some trails. As P said, it looks like they only built 1 new feature which was a much needed berm on Velocity.

Personally for the rest of this season, I'll probably pass the 14N and continue up the 5 to Tahoe.
randy.. shoot me back a reply (left a PM and a text)
i gotta ask for time off way in advance

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
speaking of N*...are we still n for the 24th?

Those SS pics are making me want to go this weekend...whats the ride plan fooz.........

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Let's do the 24th. I am totally down. I need to know though if I have to take the Friday off. I might be hitting Mammoth as well the weekend before if anyone is interested.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
the holes in my chest should be healed up and infection free by this weekend (yes, i went back up on the hooks for my b-day). considering Webb shuttle on saturday to get the big bike rolling along before whistler in august.
who wants some?

btw - Kazlx - i got word we can fit another body in our condo if you wanna roll. you gotta rig up your own transport, but you will have a place to rest your head at night.

anyone else doing whistler this year? me, bullit21, OTE and some yahoos from seattle will be rollin in for krankwerqs on 8/15 and staying through the morning of the 19th, hitting the shore on the 19th and 20th.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
the holes in my chest should be healed up and infection free by this weekend (yes, i went back up on the hooks for my b-day). considering Webb shuttle on saturday to get the big bike rolling along before whistler in august.
who wants some?

btw - Kazlx - i got word we can fit another body in our condo if you wanna roll. you gotta rig up your own transport, but you will have a place to rest your head at night.

anyone else doing whistler this year? me, bullit21, OTE and some yahoos from seattle will be rollin in for krankwerqs on 8/15 and staying through the morning of the 19th, hitting the shore on the 19th and 20th.
Let me check on that. I will be in Cabo the 7-12, I have to see if I can work the funds and the time....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Mike and I went back to SS today, First run I was found myself a little cocky and over confident on one of teh fire roads down past and away from the Teeter. Decided I wanted to get teh bike turned sideways..... well I did, just didnt get it back. But Mike did worse, he went down on CB, took a big boulder to the chest and shoulder at a fairly hi rate of speed, I am sure he isnt feeling so good now!!! Good times in teh life of a Downhiller

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Eventually, but the sale isnt in relation to getting a replacement. I'm still working on outs so I can keep this bad boy, but it looks like my summer season may be ending sooner than later.
sorry to hear of your tough times randy.i hope it all works out for the best and your able to keep your bad boy.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Ill start lowballing you shortly Randy! :D
ROde the 4x pump track today and its great the exeprt line I need to get my legs under me first, havent sat on a bike or done a bit of exercise in weeks so I was sketchy today! Did the step down adn a few of the doubles but theres a couple that I had the nerve and went cockeyed mid flight and barely pulled off. I need some ride time first then its off to Brundige this weekend for a race! :D:D:D Real DH with real rocks and nasty stuff :thumb:
Sold the Burban and picked up a 01 chev z71 quad cab 4x4 slightly lifted with 18" rims and a rear locker. Looks sweet plus came with a chip tuner, K&n cold air intak, dual exhaust.... Putting 35's on after the shop opens and gets moving then the 6" lift :D. I BE coming a red neck!!! :D
Randy possible trade for a Socom :D. BTW the thing rides better than I thought! JK on the trrade it kicks a$$ and the front der should be on by tue it will sit at around 32-33lbs with 2.35 singly ply kendas.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
OT: I just had my offer accepted on a house :D It's really exciting, but a little scary at the same time. Barring any insanity, the close date is scheduled for 8/26. So if anyone is looking for a place to live in the OC that's bike friendly.... :)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
OT: I just had my offer accepted on a house :D It's really exciting, but a little scary at the same time. Barring any insanity, the close date is scheduled for 8/26. So if anyone is looking for a place to live in the OC that's bike friendly.... :)
wow. congrats Joe!
thats big news.. buying property sure is a nerve wrecker

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'll be arriving in Whistler on the 16th and there until the 23rd. Staying at Mountainside Lodge, hopefully we'll get some runs in ;)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Perhaps a house party with tons of illegal drugs and loose women is in order.

Congrats.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
OK now the news continues:
My Socom is for sale as well as my 888 ata wc 1 ride with white crowns (custom PC'd).
Got my shop (bigger than planned but on a smokin location) a little more than I wanted to pay but worth it in the short run.
So I figured Id give the so cal monkies a chance to get in on them.
I paid $1050 for the Socom Im asking $850 (large white, small dent on rear chain stay and yes Roger did confirm with Intense and they also stated to me that it was inspected and no issues with it.)
The 888 ATA WC $750 ( I paid alot more for this as well as the custom Powder coating!)
Let me know guys!
951-288-7446

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
OK now the news continues:
My Socom is for sale as well as my 888 ata wc 1 ride with white crowns (custom PC'd).
Got my shop (bigger than planned but on a smokin location) a little more than I wanted to pay but worth it in the short run.
So I figured Id give the so cal monkies a chance to get in on them.
I paid $1050 for the Socom Im asking $850 (large white, small dent on rear chain stay and yes Roger did confirm with Intense and they also stated to me that it was inspected and no issues with it.)
The 888 ATA WC $750 ( I paid alot more for this as well as the custom Powder coating!)
Let me know guys!
951-288-7446
Damn, right at the wrong time. I would love that Socom frame...