Quantcast

*(Y)* Today GMT *(Y)*

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
  1. 60 today.....70's for the next week or so.....time to shoot the people who insist on dragging the groundhog out of his hole every year...

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Suspicious. Seems like yesterday but could be tomorrow... today seems like a very bold claim.

Off to the gym for a light workout, I have much work to do this weekend and need to be rested. Are sauna and steam room considered excercise? You have to open a door to get in and out.

Last edited:
I'd never let my Czech friends down.
So Czechmate?

Suspicious. Seems like yesterday but could be tomorrow... today seem like a very bold claim.

Off to the gym for a light workout, I have much work to do this weekend and need to be rested. Are sauna and steam room considered excercise? You have to open a door to get in and out.
@jdcamb, is that you?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Into the office before 6 because leaning in! Just kidding, I'm gonna get out nice and early and enjoy the 70 degree afternoon on my two wheeled fun machine. :thumb:

Also got a free $100 gift certificate for giving my patronage to the LBS. Guess supporting my LBS has in turn supported myself. Score!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
aw shiznits. I am going to be a slug today, got less than 6 hours of sleep from dealing with a work emergency last night ( had to help bring a spare ambulance to a crew out in the field whose rigs transmission failed). Here's hoping that the cup o joe that is dissolving the mug kicks in and somewhat gets me going

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
sick...again. I hate kids and all the god damn employees who don't wash their hands! My Office Assistant tells me that women are the worst offenders acc to her keen shitter observations. On/off viruses since 1/24 now...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Why hello there, internet. I rolled my lazy ass out of bed at 5:15 as usual for a 2500 yard swim. It was supposed to be a masters group workout but nobody else showed, which means an hour of one-on-one coaching, but Swim Coach spent the entire hour talking to a lifeguard which is just fine by me because I wasn't in the mood to have him watching me swim for an hour while barking instructions.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I want another bike. Need to decide between a fat bike or some sort of cross bike that I can fart around town and dirt roads with.

I want another bike. Need to decide between a fat bike or some sort of cross bike that I can fart around town and dirt roads with.
I can't understand the attraction of a cyclocross bike for farting around on dirt roads. We still have a lot of gravel roads around here, and I like more than an inch and something of tire width for that. Skinny tires and dropped bars can go directly to hell.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I can't understand the attraction of a cyclocross bike for farting around on dirt roads. We still have a lot of gravel roads around here, and I like more than an inch and something of tire width for that. Skinny tires and dropped bars can go directly to hell.
Riding my mountain bike to the beer store isn't very efficient, which is kind of where the touring type bike comes in. Most of the dirt roads here are just as smooth as the paved roads, not much in terms of loose gravel road type stuff. But yeah, the drop bars are a major boner killer.

I just want something that has skinnier and faster tires, isn't a chore to ride on the road and has disc brakes.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Riding my mountain bike to the beer store isn't very efficient, which is kind of where the touring type bike comes in. Most of the dirt roads here are just as smooth as the paved roads, not much in terms of loose gravel road type stuff. But yeah, the drop bars are a major boner killer.

I just want something that has skinnier and faster tires, isn't a chore to ride on the road and has disc brakes.
Why not just get a plated dirt bike? Can get a used one for same'ish money as a new cross bike and it sounds like the more fun option to me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i will come ride my cx bike across and about your lawn.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

so you want a hybrid

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Can we get a check-in from @Pesqueeb?
Present.
Hangover from hell. Thanks FSM!
This. Knew I was in trouble when the wife cut me off. Oof.... In addition to my head, my lower extremities doth protest. Fuck running in Garden of the Gods. There is a 10 mile race there every year that I usually consider doing. NOPE!

I've been toying with it for several weeks now, but I really think I should quit drinking for a while.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
new laptop picked up

beard trim

neck shave

my work here is done.

move freely about the cabin if you must....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Because Lefty.

They don't call it a "gravel bike" so you can enjoy paved paths. :panic:

<edit> Sorry, I couldn't help myself. There is a commuter that passes the office every morning on one and it makes me :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
There is a commuter that passes the office every morning on one and it makes me :rofl:
I'd rock one for my commute if it had rack bosses. As it is my 29er commuter is set up similarly: 47 mm slicks, road-ish gearing, swept bars to mimic the bar hoods and flats.

I'm here. Ultrasound today. Academic tomorrow, so the weekend effectively draws near.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
In Camp Verde, packing to head out to the Grand Canyon in a bit. My time in Sedona with the family was a success. Hiked Mescal with them (my 4 yo hiked 4.3 miles). I rented a bike and rode Hiline, Baldwin, Templeton, Slimshady. It was great to be out on dirt. Rental was a Bronson. It was good, but didn't blow me away. I can't say I'm feeling new bike list as a result...