Quantcast

***Y u no Wednesday GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Looks like we are getting some storms today, evening ride is in jeopardy. :panic:
Assembled a new pedal board yesterday out of mostly inexpensive Chinese pedals and it sounds good. Now I desire an all-tube Laney amp for moar smooth crunch. :banghead:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hey it's only 6am on the left coast. Dogs fed, coffee consumed. Its supposed to be in the low 90s today so I guess its another day wearing shorts oh darn.

last night the wife told me that her mother is coming to visit for the weekend..I win, I have a two day horse show to work and I am out of here in the camper:banana:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Eff airplanes, I feel like somebody beat the bejeesus out of me. Praise the FSM I'm off for the next 3 days. Roofer is supposed to be by this morning for an estimate, so I can get that shit show started soon. In other news, the women folk just left for the first "official" day of school, though the wife has already been putting 12 hour days for the last week.

Also, my first espresso pull off the new machine went fairly well, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Came in for third shift last night to witness a horizontal stabilizer installation. All went well, need to stay awake for a 7:00 meeting before I can shuffle home and sleep.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Poopin'.

Work stuff and then group ride tonight.

Rode some local stuff last night and my god was it sandy. It needs to rain here very badly. Also 32ish psi in front tire on loose stuff is no bueno.

New tires, brake pads and a god damn liter of mineral oil arrived last night. Should a spice up the DH bike nicely.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Rogue wind gust last night picked up the patio umbrella and launched the glass table top onto the slab where it broke into a million billion teeny tiny little pieces. So that was cool.

Good thing I have 3 days of getting high to look forward to this weekend. Pedal pedal pedal.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! We had another round of heavy rain overnight, we are up to an inch in 24 hours which is a lot for us. Its going to be cool so the trails might not be suitable for riding but not feeling the road bike this morning, I'll risk a trail ride just to see the washouts.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Prosecutor booted me as the 1st peremptory challenge in the jury selection process. Sad thing - it took until 3pm to even begin the "actual" jury selection because people are morons. :mad:
Were you wearing a Make Murica Great Again or a Hillary 2008 hat?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Knocked out a full practice test last night and passed, barely. Over the eight books, each with 8-10 chapters, 50% of my missed questions came from two chapters: probate and social security options. Guess I know what I need to spend today working on.

Otherwise, helped a buddy fully disassemble a bike on the phone. That was fun, but it doesn't sound like anything was broken or lost in the process.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So the drama continues. I went to take the damaged wheel off to clean it up and repaint/platidip and noticed something odd. One of these things is not like the other...

WTF, I know all my lug nuts matched when I dropped the bitch off. Seems the tire shop must have misplaced one when they balanced my wheels and forgot to mention it. So the damaged wheel has a mismatched lug nut and you think I might not notice? You are a tire shop, you have ONE JOB. So they will either find it or order me a new set.

Oh look, I got an email requesting feedback on my experience there. :rofl:

<edit> The wife has decided we are doing Seattle to Portland next year. This should be interesting since I have only seen her ride about 3 miles around the neighborhood. I need to either get a different bike or put some effort into the geometry of the CX. I haven't done 100+ mile ride in pretty much forever, but with a minimum 10mph pack pace and broken into 2 102ish days, it is doable. But I have a feeling I might end up with a tandem. :panic:

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Been an exciting week here at Casa de Trucker!

I finished up a fence pole repair the other day, now I have a working patio door again. And before you say "What's the big deal? Just dig a hole, stick in the pole!" let me tell you... it was kind of a big deal. Fence was constructed by sinking all the poles in the Earth like you'd normally expect, but then the patio cement was poured after. So when the fence pole rotted out and broke off just below the patio cement, things got weird.

After removing the patio door and lifting out the broken pole:

Rotten pole, stuck in a hole:

I screwed an eyescrew into the rotten wood and tried a bit of an unconventional "crane" technique to extract the pole, but the wood was so rotten the eyescrew had no purchase.

When in doubt, drill it out.

I am no longer a b!tch who has never poured concrete.

Apparently the make brackets for doing exactly what I needed done. After drilling out enough of the rotten post to get the bracket and cement in there, I filled the hole and shoved the bracket in.

My door works again!

Serenity now!

And today's adventure is gonna be drilling holes in a brick exterior wall so I can put up a 12' x 12' sunshade over the patio.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I'm on academic time today so still haven't changed out of my riding (as in riding to work) outfit. Perhaps I should do that and open my office door so that people actually know I'm here. Hmph.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Howdy all. I'm on academic time today so still haven't changed out of my riding (as in riding to work) outfit. Perhaps I should do that and open my office door so that people actually know I'm here. Hmph.
  1. Strip down to just your bib shorts. (You are wearing bib shorts, right?)
  2. Open office door wide as it goes.
  3. Profit!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Been an exciting week here at Casa de Trucker!

I finished up a fence pole repair the other day, now I have a working patio door again. And before you say "What's the big deal? Just dig a hole, stick in the pole!" let me tell you... it was kind of a big deal. Fence was constructed by sinking all the poles in the Earth like you'd normally expect, but then the patio cement was poured after. So when the fence pole rotted out and broke off just below the patio cement, things got weird.

After removing the patio door and lifting out the broken pole:

Rotten pole, stuck in a hole:

I screwed an eyescrew into the rotten wood and tried a bit of an unconventional "crane" technique to extract the pole, but the wood was so rotten the eyescrew had no purchase.

When in doubt, drill it out.

I am no longer a b!tch who has never poured concrete.

Apparently the make brackets for doing exactly what I needed done. After drilling out enough of the rotten post to get the bracket and cement in there, I filled the hole and shoved the bracket in.

My door works again!

Serenity now!

And today's adventure is gonna be drilling holes in a brick exterior wall so I can put up a 12' x 12' sunshade over the patio.
Y U no flamethrower on the rotten wood? :ph34r:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
  1. Strip down to just your bib shorts. (You are wearing bib shorts, right?)
  2. Open office door wide as it goes.
  3. Profit!
I have not embraced the bibs yet. Still is really weird getting buck naked at work when changing (albeit in a locked office or bathroom).

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My department is trying to eat healthy so instead of a put luck lunch today, they decided to do a department "salad bar" where everybody brings in some salad ingredients. That is just fine by me since I am a big fan of the salad (usually as an accompaniment though). So after taking one pass at it, I now have a salad eight feet tall sitting in front of me on my desk. :twitch:

I brought in the kalamata olives, feta, and banana peppers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My department is trying to eat healthy so instead of a put luck lunch today, they decided to do a department "salad bar" where everybody brings in some salad ingredients. That is just fine by me since I am a big fan of the salad (usually as an accompaniment though). So after taking one pass at it, I now have a salad eight feet tall sitting in front of me on my desk. :twitch:

I brought in the kalamata olives, feta, and banana peppers.
:picsstfu:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
School ends around Memorial Day. Some districts have year-around which is, obviously, different.
They were just starting year-around school in California when I left. I think it failed and got phased out. I know my sister had issues with child care because they put her 2 sons on different schedules and wouldn't change them. So one kid was home for 2 weeks while the other was in school for 6 or 8. It seemed like an interesting idea, but I never quite got it. And the idea of having summers off was the only reason I would consider teaching. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They were just starting year-around school in California when I left. I think it failed and got phased out. I know my sister had issues with child care because they put her 2 sons on different schedules and wouldn't change them. So one kid was home for 2 weeks while the other was in school for 6 or 8. It seemed like an interesting idea, but I never quite got it. And the idea of having summers off was the only reason I would consider teaching. :rofl:
i have a few neighbors who are teachers. the jelly level is high.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Trail maintenance last night. Just about finished trimming trails for the year at my local riding spot. Riding tonight to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i have a few neighbors who are teachers. the jelly level is high.
Both my folks worked in education (dad was a prof, mom worked for district) and we had summers off every year. It wasn't until I was about 8 that I figured out other kids didn't have summers off with their folks. We did month long vacations to southern California to hang with the grandparents. I thought everybody did stuff like that. :rofl: