Quantcast

yay, former nazi youth elected pope...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dante said:
more on his profile. yes the ex-nazi thing was a cheap shot, but he is definitely one of the hard-line right. great...
Just the direction the Catholic Church needed to make itself increasingly obsolete???

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Snippets:

He deserted the German army towards the end of the war and was briefly held as a prisoner of war by the Allies in 1945.

His supporters say his experiences under the Nazi regime convinced him that the Church had to stand up for truth and freedom.

Cardinal Ratzinger's conservative, traditionalist views were intensified by his experiences during the liberal 1960s.

Still, he is 78 so St. Peter will probably be checking his name against the list soon enough.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Westy said:
Just the direction the Catholic Church needed to make itself increasingly obsolete???
What do you expect from a Medevil way of thinking some 500+ years later.........

Oh and the Hitler youth thing (if it's true) will go along way to normalizing relations with the Jews (God's chosen people per the Bible)...........NOT

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Andyman_1970 said:
What do you expect from a Medevil way of thinking some 500+ years later.........

Oh and the Hitler youth thing (if it's true) will go along way to normalizing relations with the Jews (God's chosen people per the Bible)...........NOT
It is true:

At the age of 14, he joined the Hitler Youth, as was required of young Germans of the time, but was not an enthusiastic member.

But given that it was compulsory it is pretty much meaningless.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Andyman_1970 said:
Medevil. Catholic Church is the remains of the Roman Empire, I thing they were very pre-Medevil. :rolleyes: :)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
wait.. i heard on the news that he was a soldier on WWII, and was part of an anti-aircraft division for the reich or something like that.....

the PANZER-POPE!!!

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
ALEXIS_DH said:
wait.. i heard on the news that he was a soldier on WWII, and was part of an anti-aircraft division for the reich or something like that.....

the PANZER-POPE!!!
A Panzer was a tank....

He could be the ak-ak pontiff.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
fluff said:
An Panzer was a tank....

He could be the ak-ak pontiff.

yeah i know.. but "panzer" reminds me of anything wwii axis...
the panzerkampfpope!!! (sp?)

plus they also said in the news he was part of an anti-tank division as well.. :blah:

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Amongst the congratulatory messages:

JURANDIR ARAUJ, NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF BRAZILIAN BISHOPS

It seems that he is too conservative. Hopefully the Holy Spirit can help him change. We expected a person like John Paul. Somebody who could give the Church alternatives ... open the Church to the world, look more at reality.

Nice one Jurandir!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BSEVEER said:
Not that we know of but he didn't do anything to stop it.
Is this why I get the impression the molestation scandal has little impact abroad? I'd almost assume the Vatican PR department would be making coffee and working nights and evenings to make sure the problem didn't escalate.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say the new Pope has his work cutout.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Westy said:
Medevil. Catholic Church is the remains of the Roman Empire, I thing they were very pre-Medevil. :rolleyes: :)
The Catholic church as it operates today, and the doctrines it holds were ratified at the council of Trent (from what I remember) in the 1400's - it has essentially not changed since then in doctrine or basic operation so thus I refer to it as a medieval (thanks Fluff) system. In the 1400 years prior to the council of Trent the Catholic chruch went through several iterations if you will - and thus bears little resembalence to the early church (pre 328 AD).

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
His nicknames include "Der Panzercardinal" and "God's Rottweiler", according to discovery.com.

Great. Simply...peachy.

Catholicism, Islam, and Mormonism, the great oppresionist religions...

splat

Nam I am
reflux said:
Is this why I get the impression the molestation scandal has little impact abroad?
Bingo!!! When the Molestation scandal first started , they went to the Vatican to ask for help, and were told to take care of it them slev, then when the american $$$ stopped ( or were slowed quite a bit ) then the Vatican got involved. It still just all boils down to Money!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Andyman_1970 said:
The Catholic church as it operates today, and the doctrines it holds were ratified at the council of Trent (from what I remember) in the 1400's - it has essentially not changed since then in doctrine or basic operation so thus I refer to it as a medieval (thanks Fluff) system. In the 1400 years prior to the council of Trent the Catholic chruch went through several iterations if you will - and thus bears little resembalence to the early church (pre 328 AD).

And some people think that if it doesn't liberalize itself it will fade into obscurity... well... maybe in another 600 or so years.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
El Jefe said:
The big question is; will he let priests molest little boys like all the rest of the popes have?
Yes, because ****ing little boys isn't a problem in the Catholic Church, it appears to be a creation of the liberal media:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22028-2005Apr2.html

I hope this asshat stays alive for a long time. He's all of the fire and brimstone and stupidity of the last pope without the empathy and charisma.

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
splat said:
Bingo!!! When the Molestation scandal first started , they went to the Vatican to ask for help, and were told to take care of it them slev, then when the american $$$ stopped ( or were slowed quite a bit ) then the Vatican got involved. It still just all boils down to Money!

As long as people keep supporting the defense of these pedophiles by putting money in the plate every Sunday nothing will change.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
splat said:
Do you get the feeling that this whole "transition Pope" thing is a scheme to bring in more $$? I mean - I've never seen so many cars parked at the local Catholic church than when JP-II was gravely ill/dying. I'll bet they saw a *HUGE* bump in donations during the last month or so..........

Elect a 78-y.o. Pope and maybe they can repeat the whole thing in the next 5 or 10 years.

Am I being a pessimist about all this?? :think:

-S.S.-

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i think its a bit offensive to mankind, that the catholic church elected an ex-nazi soldier as its maximum authority... (regardless it was compulsory of not)...

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
"froth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth froth
froth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth bigotry froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth frothfroth froth froth froth"

~most of ya

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
as far as the whole molestation thing goes...

with all the frivilous lawsuits that occur in the united states, why would anyone care about this? Where it did occur, it's a terrible thing, but I'd wager that some people were jumping on the bandwagon.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I wonder just how long it will take for liberals to figure out that no one cares what they think about anything...

Other Recent Liberal Failures:
1. Algore
2. Kerry
3. Air America :p
4. Gay Marriage
5. Iraqi Elections
6. Dan Rather
7. Attempt to smear Sec. Rice
9. Ect...

:p:p:p:p:p

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Sandwich said:
as far as the whole molestation thing goes...

with all the frivilous lawsuits that occur in the united states, why would anyone care about this? Where it did occur, it's a terrible thing, but I'd wager that some people were jumping on the bandwagon.
Let me clarify this for you:

Priests ****ing altar boys' pink little assholes. Then bishops moving said priests around before too many complaints happen at one place. After all, you don't want Sally Catholic to think that the guy who hears confession is working on her son's genitals in a way that would make Michael Jackson blush.

Priest now has fresh meat to play with. Repeat.

Organization that harbors said child molesters claims to be the ultimate moral authority on the planet, while moving child molesters from place to place to place so that they can continue ****ing the assholes of altar boys.