Quantcast

yee-haw! '05 NORBA & WC Schedule

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
San Diego area, California, USA
well at least the schedule is out quicker this year.... I haven't taken a close look...but I don't see any scheduling conflicts...well at least not for the DH crew. Again, i'm not holding my breath for this schedule until i'm on the flight to the resort....maybe

- Mt Snow Finals
- no Durango on the schedule this year (because Mt Snow has the finals)
- Brazil & New Mexico in the mix for World Cups

also noted on the Velo-snooze site...

"Next year's NMBS events will be slightly streamlined. There will be no downhill qualifying ("It's a waste of time," said Frost. "We'll do seeding based on series rank."), and event schedules will be shortened from four days to three.

Still to be addressed is whether there will be any prize money or TV coverage in 2005. Frost says his team is in negotiation with "a big car manufacturer" but the deal isn't done yet.

"It's probably 50/50 whether it will happen," said Frost. "But if it does happen the deal would include money for TV and prize money. We should have an answer by Interbike." "

National Mountain Bike Series
No. 1 - March 5-6 - Boerne, Texas - MA/TT/ST/XC/SR
No. 2 - March 19-20 - Phoenix, Arizona - EN/TT/ST/XC/SR
No. 3 - May 14-15 - Big Bear Lake, California - MA/DS/Mania/XC/ST
No. 4 - June 18-19 - Deer Valley, Utah - MA/DH/XC/ST/DS or MX
No. 5 - July 16-17 - Sandpoint, Idaho - MA/MX/DH/XC/ST
No. 6 - July 22-23 - Snowmass, Colorado - XC/DH/ST/MX
No. 7 - August 13-14 - To be determined - XC/ST/DH/MX
No. 8 - August 20-21 - Snowshoe, West Virginia - MA/MX/DH/XC/ST
No. 9 - August 27-28 - Mount Snow, Vermont - XC/MX/DH/ST

World Cup marathon series
No. 1 - April 10 - Cyprus
No. 2 - May 1 - Riva, Italy
No. 3 - June 19 - Mont-Ste-Anne, Quebec
No. 4 - July 10 - Bad Goisern, Austria
No. 5 - August 7 - Oisans, France
No. 6 - August 14 - Falun, Sweden
No. 7 - October 1 - St. Wendel , Germany
No. 8 - October 7 - Roc d'Azur, France

World Cup cross-country series
No. 1 - April 24 - Spa Francorchamps, Belgium
No. 2 - May 8 - Madrid, Spain
No. 3 - May 29 - Houffalize, Belgium
No. 4 - June 4-5 - Willingen, Germany
No. 5 - June 25-26 - Mont-Ste-Anne, Quebec
No. 6 - July 2-3 - Santa Catarina, Brazil
No. 7 - July 9-10 - Angel Fire, New Mexico
No. 8 - September 10-11 - Fort William, Scotland

World Cup downhill/four-cross series
No. 1 - April 30-May 1 - Vigo, Spain
No. 2 - June 4-5 - Willingen, Germany
No. 3 - June 11-12 - Schladming, Austria
No. 4 - June 25-26 - Mont-Ste-Anne, Quebec
No. 5 - July 2-3 - Santa Catarina, Brazil
No. 6 - July 9-10 - Angel Fire, New Mexico
No. 7 - August 21 - Pita, Italy
No. 8 - September 10-11 - Fort William, Scotland

National and world championships
July 16-17 - European national championships
August 20 - Marathon world championships - Lillehammer, Norway
August 31-September 9 - XC/DH/4X world championships - Livigno, Italy
September 24-25 - U.S. national championships - To be determined

Discipline Legend
MA = Marathon
EN = Endurance (12- or 24-hour race)
XC = Cross country
ST = Short track
DH = Downhill
Mania = Downhill mania
MX = Mountain cross
DS = Dual slalom

for more info...

http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/6978.0.html

Dylan Dean Designs

760/443-3344
jdd@dylandeandesigns.com
www.dylandeandesigns.com

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
joy...more bad scheduling.

doubt you'll see many if any top pro's at Snowshoe or Mt Snow again in 05.

Not a single DH/XC WC round in France...interesting!

-ska todd

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I can almost guarantee that car manufacturer is hyundai. Aug 13 will probably get durango or telluride or that race in North Carolina.

Finally, better dates for snowshoe.

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
ska todd said:
joy...more bad scheduling.

doubt you'll see many if any top pro's at Snowshoe or Mt Snow again in 05.

Not a single DH/XC WC round in France...interesting!

-ska todd

I haven't taken a close look...but I don't see any scheduling conflicts...well at least not for the DH crew."

damn i spoke too soon :nuts: geez who's f-kin bright idea was this....Italy, to Vermont.....& Back to Italy!?!?!? :confused:

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
Transcend said:
Aug 13 will probably get durango or telluride or that race in North Carolina.

probably not Durango :(

Round No. 8 is in Snowshoe, West Virginia, and then it's back to Mount Snow, Vermont for the series finals. Having the finals back east is one of the reasons Durango is not on the 2005 schedule, according to series co-manager Frost.

"There was some conflicts with the music series [at Durango Mountain Resort)," explained Frost. "And they wanted to be the permanent site for the finals, but we'd made a commitment to go to Mount Snow this year."

Frost added that it's very likely Durango will be back in the fold come 2006.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
No. 8 - September 10-11 –XC/DH/4X Fort William, Scotland
August 31-September 9 - XC/DH/4X world championships - Livigno, Italy

Now that confuses me.

But at least the East Coasters are not as screwed as the Left/Central Coasters this year. I thought that WV and VT on consecutive weekends was bad, but trying to do Idaho and Colorado would SUCK!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog

finally they are making some sense, snowshoe will rule on the whole circuit this year...no more muf :)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good to see Deer Valley back in the mix, that's ill! Snowmass will be fun as well, of course. Maybe Durango will become part of the Mountain States Cup... that course is TOO sweet to not ride! And Angel Fire for a World Cup... someone's smokin' sumpin there... ;)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'll try to let you guys know what happens in a week or two. Frost is supposed to be out in about 2 weeks.
TO think of sleeping in my own bed one night...and racing a National the next morning. :thumb:
Now, everyone learn the proper way to wave at the local rednecks. It goes like this!!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
bizutch said:
I'll try to let you guys know what happens in a week or two. Frost is supposed to be out in about 2 weeks.
TO think of sleeping in my own bed one night...and racing a National the next morning. :thumb:
Now, everyone learn the proper way to wave at the local rednecks. It goes like this!!

dork.

on that note, can i stay with you? Getting my dibs in now before everyone on earth wants to stay with you. :) :rolleyes:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Fraser, doubt you'd want to drive 1 hour every day to the resort bro, especially considering you'd have to camp in my yard since I've got an itty bitty house (725 sq. ft). I'm going up there next weekend to start laying out some trail for next season's riding.
Oh, and if you want people to cheer during your race run, these two things will work:
A. Large Black "3" on your bike, helmet, jersey, forehead, etc
B. T-shirt which reads either "Ain't Skeered" or "Git 'er Don!" (yes, they do exist here!)

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Repack said:
But at least the East Coasters are not as screwed as the Left/Central Coasters this year. I thought that WV and VT on consecutive weekends was bad, but trying to do Idaho and Colorado would SUCK!
actaully it makes alot of sense, and it would suck alot more if you had to make two seperate trips to the same region. The two weekends in a row thing is done intentionally so out of towners can do both in on road trip. Given, its hard for most people to get off work for that long, but norba has to take care of the pros, and their costs would skyrocket if it was done differently.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Full Trucker said:
Good to see Deer Valley back in the mix, that's ill! Snowmass will be fun as well, of course. Maybe Durango will become part of the Mountain States Cup... that course is TOO sweet to not ride! And Angel Fire for a World Cup... someone's smokin' sumpin there... ;)
I would think they would have to at least reroute the trail a bit to avoid the uphill, I cant imagine the worldcup types would be too happy about that. Maybe a whole new trail we can use in the future??....

B

bigkonarider

NC--NC--NC--NC

yeah-yeah..
NC.....
Please be NC !!

Transcend said:
you are right. It looks like there is some flow to the ncs schedule...so probably NC

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Transcend said:
you are right. It looks like there is some flow to the ncs schedule...so probably NC

I think I caught a sorba post from a rep. that said they were looking at NC for 2006 and not 2005.

I'll see if i can verifry / find it.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
bizutch said:
2005 bro...Frost is coming in a couple weeks. this is from the resort themself, not the net :thumb:
cool! :thumb:

still selling the turner? your link is bad.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
TheInedibleHulk said:
I would think they would have to at least reroute the trail a bit to avoid the uphill, I cant imagine the worldcup types would be too happy about that. Maybe a whole new trail we can use in the future??....
You're speaking Angel Fire I assume? The nice thing about that place... PRIVATE LAND. So yeah, I would imagine that an entirely new DH track could/should/would be cut in if this WC thing is gonna happen. Charlie Course, here we come yo...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I'm stoked that Snowshoe is in August.
I might as well quit complaining that the east coast races are back to back.
It seems that is a permanent arrangement. It works great for pros, industry guys, and college kids, but it makes it very hard for those that are in that very small segment of the market that has one of those rare things called a job.

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
I may consider Mt Snow, I will NEVER go to Snowshoe again. That place left such a bad taste in my mouth, as well as destroying my bike everyime that I go. I never thought that I would see a flat dh course on such a cool mountain.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
manhattanprjkt83 said:

finally they are making some sense, snowshoe will rule on the whole circuit this year...no more muf :)

F*CK YEAH. About time the mental giants over at NORBA got that one figured out!!!!!

If they had it in June again, I was not going to attend, but goddamn, :heart: I can't stay away!

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
This year's Snowshoe national was the worst race I've ever been to, and I've got to all of their Nationals in the past 4 years. The weather was pretty horrible, and the course was designed very well. They just had a race two weeks ago there with a much improved course, and the weather was great. June is usually a bad month for Snowshoe, later in the year is much drier. I just wish that Norba could have figured that out awhile ago.

I do like the idea that they're condensing the race weekends to Fri-Sat-Sun. I assume that amateur DHers will have either a 4X or DH race on Sunday? I just hope that the race organizers won't get overloaded with events with one less day.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
TheInedibleHulk said:
actaully it makes alot of sense, and it would suck alot more if you had to make two seperate trips to the same region. The two weekends in a row thing is done intentionally so out of towners can do both in on road trip. Given, its hard for most people to get off work for that long, but norba has to take care of the pros, and their costs would skyrocket if it was done differently.
You're right. I was just looking for something to complain about I guess. I've pulled it off the last 2 years, and this year it will only mean that I stop work for the summer (full-time student) a little early. Plus I'll have more time to save. Nice. Can't wait.

SinatorJ said:
I may consider Mt Snow, I will NEVER go to Snowshoe again. That place left such a bad taste in my mouth, as well as destroying my bike everyime that I go. I never thought that I would see a flat dh course on such a cool mountain.
Aparently, they said that last years course will not happen again. Lets hope so. The yocals also say that August is the dry season. Lets hope so.

And I've had a "3" on the back of my seatmast for 2 years already.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
SinatorJ said:
The "newest" pro course is MUCH better than that flat POS. Whoever designed that course did NOT have any input on the new one.

I had a similar feeling after the June NCS, but after last weekend's race there on the new course, it really doesn't suck. Also, being in August, you can forget about mud.